Sign in to follow this  
Board_Marshal

Amazon has SimCity for $39.99

13 posts in this topic

SimCity is now $39.99 on Amazon.com.  Even if that is just Amazon trying to get rid of its stock it still pisses me off that I bought it for $59.99 just a few weeks ago.  The punishment continues.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007VTVRFA/ref=s9_simh_gw_p367_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1R2G6G59NQB116VZ8YK7&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846

It shouldn't come as any surprise that Amazon and others have this game at a discount. It happens for all games. The first few weeks it's at full price, then it starts getting cheaper and cheaper. I'm sure you knew when you bought it at full price that it wouldn't cost that much forever.

That is crap, with a price drop that quick they should be giving us $20 credit. They should have at least waited until the free game offer went away.

It's not an official price drop.

Many retailers rapidly drop the price of games to steal business from others, its called competition.

If you preordered the game and bought it thru amazon you got a $25 Giftcard...

This is the price you pay for being the first adopter.

That is crap, with a price drop that quick they should be giving us $20 credit. They should have at least waited until the free game offer went away.

Many retailers rapidly drop the price of games to steal business from others, its called competition.

I never got a $25 gift card...

I never got a $25 gift card...

Then you got screwed.

Bunch of smarty pants here aren't we :P  Now that the resident economists have succinctly detailed supply & demand economics, competitive pricing dynamics, and the oh so lovely phenomenon known casually as "first adopters typically get screwed" my statement was more of an exclamation of surprise at how soon after release the discounting occurred.  I typically wait for the $ drop on recently released games but my early purchase was more a function of curiosity than anything since its been so many years since SC4/RH.  Not that we'll ever know but I do wonder how long it would have taken for the price to drop or there to be a sale if the release had gone smoothly and the reviews (official and unofficial) were uniformly positive.

Bunch of smarty pants here aren't we :P  Now that the resident economists have succinctly detailed supply & demand economics, competitive pricing dynamics, and the oh so lovely phenomenon known casually as "first adopters typically get screwed" my statement was more of an exclamation of surprise at how soon after release the discounting occurred.  I typically wait for the $ drop on recently released games but my early purchase was more a function of curiosity than anything since its been so many years since SC4/RH.  Not that we'll ever know but I do wonder how long it would have taken for the price to drop or there to be a sale if the release had gone smoothly and the reviews (official and unofficial) were uniformly positive.

Actually games that sell and review well, still drop in price relatively quickly.

This has been going on for 7 years now.

I mean even if the price didn't drop, you could have still gotten the game on sale at one of the many sales that have been going on.

You could have gotten a $25 giftcard for preordering and buying through Amazon

You could have gotten the game for free as part of Target's many B2G1 free sales.

Even EA gave discount codes for those who participated in the betas to redeem through Origin.

So in reality if you paid full price, it was your own fault for not price search.

Not that I'm complaining, but since I live in Australia this game cost me AU$99. That's approximately US$104. And I know I could've gotten it cheaper had I waited, shopped around, and shipped a physical copy from overseas but I was willing to pay full price for the convenience and instant gratification of having it immediately upon release.

Not that I'm complaining, but since I live in Australia this game cost me AU$99. That's approximately US$104. And I know I could've gotten it cheaper had I waited, shopped around, and shipped a physical copy from overseas but I was willing to pay full price for the convenience and instant gratification of having it immediately upon release.

Yikes, I got mine from Greenmangaming for $30  :party: