Sign in to follow this  
dekiscool

Items Downloaded Not Showing Up?

16 posts in this topic

I have DL'ed a few new building mods for SimCity 4. I have been sticking to 4 and 5 star buildings only. Since I have been playing with the new SimCity 4 I bought, I have been putting all mods in the C:\\Users\UserName\MyDocuments\SimCity 4\Plugins on Win7. I was told never to put the mods into the Plugins folder under Program Files. I have found most of them, except some just don't seem to show up. I have looked under all the categories in the game. Any ideas?

Also I DL'ed this - Vega Trade Center...

and the lot appears, but the buildings are not there. It doesn't look like the picture.

Do you know the names of the buildings?

Only ploppable buildings will be available in the game's menus. Instead, they may be growable, which means they'll automatically build when conditions are suitable -- much like the standard Maxis RCI ones. This all depends on the lot size, developer type (e.g. residential, commercial or industrial) growth stage, and capacity. For growth to trigger, it may take a while for demand to be high enough. For example, stage 7-8 residential buildings will only grow in high density zones, and when your residential population is above a certain figure.

Here's a table that explains these building stages.

When you download a building, the author will usually provide this information in the description / readme. If not, you can use the or SC4 Tool to load the lot file, and find the exemplar properties (which will be displayed in a table). These tools also allow you to edit the properties to suit your needs. Though be sure to make a backup before attempting this.

As for the Vega Trade Center, the model is the Maxis '63 Building' plugin. However, even when installed, the model fails to appear on the lot. It was created in 2003, so maybe the model was in a different format back then(?). So as a compromise, the 63 Building can be downloaded from here, and plopped (from the landmarks menu) to create a similar effect.

Is there a way to make a growable lot into a ploppable lot?

One of the lots...and didn't realize it...it must be a growable because it says CS$? Here is a link

Here is the tv station...but it doesn't say growable or ploppable

Those are just a couple of the things that don't appear.

You can turn a growable lot into a ploppable one, but it takes a few modding programs and several steps.  The easier alternative is to use the which, among other things, will allow you to plop any growable buildings.

And I suspect that that TV studio overrides the default TV studio.

>>Also, remember that you can't plop residential buildings.  They don't work correctly and will become abandoned.

to access the cheats just press CTRL+X.  If you right click in the dialogue box you'll get a list from which you can select.  This doesn't excuse you from knowing what to do after that.

Ok...so I used the cheat.dll thing. Still can't find the buildings I downloaded. However, if I use my lot editor, I can search and find them. But I can't find them in the game. Not sure why? I may have to go through all the crap of making the lots ploppable...

They are obviously growables.  If you use the PlopAllBuildings command you should be able to drop in anything.  Why not just let your growable plugins grow?  You just have to wait it out.

I tried the PlopAllBuildings...and it started plopping buildings by itself. I wanted something where I could do it myself. But the one I can do myself, I can't find the buildings I am looking for.....hmmmm....

Ok...so I used the cheat.dll thing. Still can't find the buildings I downloaded. However, if I use my lot editor, I can search and find them. But I can't find them in the game. Not sure why? I may have to go through all the crap of making the lots ploppable...

TVStudio: I think this can't work. There seems an exemplar file missing. Should be a reward lot but in my oppion the file is corrupt.

I tried the PlopAllBuildings, but found it plops all the buildings on its own. I want to be the one to plop the buildings myself...and search through all the lots.

I used LotPlop and finally found the buildings. Thank you!

Where did you got Simcity 4 from?

I got it from buying it on Amazon.com as a download.

I would be cautious with lots from 2003-4. While many of them are okay, many others show a host of problems that are related of how lots were made during those days. Just saying.