Sign in to follow this  
nissanfan

recycling plastics and others

big issue i am having with my cites is they are not producing enough recycled garbage its more bins of  garbage that i have to incinerate it all... how can i get more recyclables????i am doing processors and tvs but i am wasting lots of money importing supplys as theres no recyclables 

Ideally, you'll want to have an university in your city in order to raise the education level high enough to get nearly everyone in your city recycling. You can also "loan out" some of your recycling pick-up trucks to other large cities in your region.

Like previous posters said, educated sims will recycle more. Also, and I'm sure you're already doing this, but -- with alloy being considerably more expensive than plastics/metal, you're always better off demolishing the plastics module your recycling center comes with and building four alloy modules.

On a side note, in response to the poster above: I would not recommend loaning out recycling trucks to other cities in your region -- that has a very high chance of bugging your recycling plant. And, depending on the population of your city, you don't need anything more than a HS (or even a couple of grade schools) to max out your education level.

On a side note, in response to the poster above: I would not recommend loaning out recycling trucks to other cities in your region -- that has a very high chance of bugging your recycling plant. And, depending on the population of your city, you don't need anything more than a HS (or even a couple of grade schools) to max out your education level.

Agreed don't loan your recyclinig trucks they mess up the whole plant.. in my case anyways.. educated sims will recycle more as others mentioned..

also importing plastic and just producing alloy in your recycling plant is a good strategy.. make sure your supply chain is close together otherwise your trucks get stuck in traffic..