Sign in to follow this  
gviper

Day and night mod question...

Would it really be worth it download and install this mod if my cities mainly have the standard buildings in them? I want to keep it that way, and don't want any adverse effects from installing such a mod if there isn't a real benefit on standard buildings over Tru-nite buildings. Advice appreciated. Thanks.

Well, it seems you pretty much  answered your own question. Still, there's no undesirable effect for using this mod and according to users it slightly improves shadows and colors for daytime. Anyway the file isn't big at all so it won't make any difference loading wise.

Try it, and decide for yourself.

So my SC4 Deluxe crashed.  I had move files to a temp file on my hard drive, re-install the game and migrate my files back.  Now my lights are out except for the SC4 default structures. 

I forgot what I did to begin with to negate this bug.  There are two patches to fix this bug.  Both patches do not seem to exist any longer.  Any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated.

So my SC4 Deluxe crashed.  I had move files to a temp file on my hard drive, re-install the game and migrate my files back.  Now my lights are out except for the SC4 default structures. 

I forgot what I did to begin with to negate this bug.  There are two patches to fix this bug.  Both patches do not seem to exist any longer.  Any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated.

Indeed, those patches are necessary to have the custom night lights and moreso, the patch version 638 is an absolutely essential update. You can find those patches here (638) and here (640). For the patch 638, be sure to select the appropriate patch according to your game's region.

Patching your game will set all your graphic settings to low, so be sure to check that too