Sign in to follow this  
THRILLHEAUX

Inter-city elevated train issue

5 posts in this topic

So I've been trying to have an industry only city next to a residential/commercial city. The first time I set this up, the Sims seemed to be OK with making the drive at first, but the farther away they got, the less they wanted to work. Restarted both cities and set up an elevated rail that loops around each. Things seemed to be working out well for a while, but I recently had an adviser in the in the industrial city telling me that the the el-train was worthless and needed to be scrapped. I checked the el-train's traffic and there was  happening, including at the locations where it connects to the residential city; however, in the residential city, where it connects to industry city, it was getting fairly heavy traffic. Is there any reason for the people to be leaving the residential city but not showing up in the industrial one (and yes, I do have stations set up, along with bus stops near each)? Looking at traffic volume charts, the el-train in the industrial city has always been zero. I also recently had a sudden, complete drop in foot/road traffic for some reason. Any ideas? Also, is there any easy way to check to see if there's a missing piece in the el-train circuit? Thanks. 

ETA: just checked, elevated train use in the residential city has also always been 0 according to the traffic chart, but clicking on the individual stations, some have capacities over 100%, and I've witnessed one of my custom Sim dealies getting on the train. 

Don't know how to do that, but restarted my cities again and now everything seems to be working fine aside from people using the el-trains but, for some reason, not using many of the bust stops, but I've only been doing these two cities for about an hour so I'll give it some time. I installed the NAM in the middle of that last game so I figure that may have been the issue. Thanks though. 

NAM comes with a new traffic controller that overrides the default maxis one. It takes some times for the traffic patterns to adapt to the new controller... After 18-24 months running your citiesthings should sort out.