Sign in to follow this  
ColWhackaMole

Best Tax Rates

Hi All,

I was wondering what the best tax rates for simcity 5 are. Something that will have a good income and increase the wealth of my buildings. Any suggestions? Thanks. Have a good one.

-ColWhackaMole

SimCity... 5? Never knew they made a sequel to SC4 :P

If you're referring to SimCity (2013), I find that people will get upset if your tax rate is 12% or higher. Rich sims like rates around 7% but they can tolerate up to 9% but don't expect any further high wealth growth.

I have experimented with starting a city at 12%.  Had good growth at the start, then everyone got pissed and started to leave. I then had the flexibility to lower taxes to 11 then 10%, still showing a lot of growth. 

I use 11/10/10.

§ complains sometimes with 11, but rarely leaves, unless I have a very low mayor rating (<50)

§§ and §§§ are fine at 10, but seems to quickly leave if I try to push it above 10, even if I'm rated >80.

EDIT: C seems more tolerant than R to "high taxes". my commercial zones sims take more time to leave than residents if I put high C§/§§/§§§ taxes.

Hi All,

I was wondering what the best tax rates for simcity 5 are. Something that will have a good income and increase the wealth of my buildings. Any suggestions? Thanks. Have a good one.

-ColWhackaMole

I have kept mine at 9 percent in all of my cities. Tried lowering to 8 and it didn't have enough of an impact on demand to justify the lost income...

Thanks for all the advice. Didn't think this many people would reply so thanks to everyone. Collaboration is awesome. Time to build up a massive city and then let loose armageddon hahaha

I tax at 9% if the city economy is good. Taxes will go up to 11% if services grow, and up to 12% temporarily if the city is in financial trouble. I wouldn't recommend going past 12 though.