Sign in to follow this  
Districtopia

Simcity update 1.8

https://help.ea.com/article/simcity-updates

General

• Police station can no longer hold more prisoners than the capacity.
  • Added missing roof texture for certain commercial building.
  • Added completion moment cinematic for Great Works.
  • Visiting police cars have avatar of neighbor above them.
  • Arcology Population reflects the population of the Arcology, not the city.
  • Fixed a clog in the pipes where sewage would sometimes get backed up and act jittery.
  • Region Wall will pop up when a new chat message has been received.

Road Improvements

• Improvements to cases when connecting a new road to an existing road that goes over uneven terrain.
  • Tuned some of the road snapping priorities to address some edge cases where it wasn’t behaving as desired
  • Fixed a case where a new road would sometimes cause an existing road to change its shape drastically.
  • Made Upgrade Roads mini-tutorial appear at appropriate time.
  • Fix to four lane bridge to improve divider line placement.

Text Improvements

• Clarified alerts about residents not moving in because of high taxes to state if it is residents, commercial businesses, or Industry that won't move in because of high taxes.
  • Improved text and icons on cities in region view.
  • Updated text for "Become a Suburban City" mission to improve clarity.
  • Updated requirements text for HazMat garage for clarity.

I'm not sure what they did, but now instead of earning 4M a day I'm losing 1M a day on electronics... Just great...

Yeah, I haven't been able to make a reliably profitable chain for any of my attempts at city specialities. :noway:

And where does all the money from Cultural plops go?  :???:   I never see it in my bottom line, and the comes the specialty financial report...

"You made 1.5 million in Electronics".... I did??? :O  THEN WHERE IS IT!! :rage:

It seems that most of the issues "fixed" in these patches are cosmetic and make no difference whatsoever to gameplay mechanics.  The sewage issue is the only one.  It just continues to confirm my suspicions that the core issues CANNOT be fixed.  Police cars will always follow each other in a line, etc.  

Yeah, I haven't been able to make a reliably profitable chain for any of my attempts at city specialities. :noway:

And where does all the money from Cultural plops go?  :???:   I never see it in my bottom line, and the comes the specialty financial report...

"You made 1.5 million in Electronics".... I did??? :O  THEN WHERE IS IT!! :rage:

:rofl: :rofl: LOL having the same issue. "You made $500,000 from selling aloy" yet I'm broke...

@ Districtopia > I figured out the issue. You need to let the alloy or whatever it is you're producing stockpile in your depots/ports. Then sell all at once.

Got this from watching DinosGG's tut on setting up an electronics town producing Tv's here . He was having his recycling plant reclaiming alloy and plastic at 1st, stockpiling and selling to build wealth. Then he built up his E-Biz from there. 

Watch parts 5 - 6 to skip all the city building that takes place before setting up for E-Business.

Rico