Sign in to follow this  
A_S00

Buses get stuck on each other at bus stops?

Not sure why, but a lot of the traffic issues I'm experiencing seem to trace back to clusters of buses getting stuck at single bus stops.  Once a bunch of buses are hanging out at the same stop, they never seem to leave, even if there's nobody waiting, until I demolish the stop and make a new one.  But then they all go hang out at a different stop forever.  Like this:

bus_zps1a15566a.png

(That's, like, 15 buses all stuck on the same stop).

I've noticed that:

• The problem is worse if you place a bus stop and a school bus stop right next to each other...placing them across the street from each other helps.
  • I can keep my city from becoming completely impassible by keeping bus stops off of my main avenue...then they just clog up side streets.

Any advice for me?  Will having less municipal buses help?  Or are there more tricks I don't know about stop placement?

Thanks.

Oh thats ugly.   I've believe seen other people stating issues with buses getting stuck before, not sure where.    Have you tried putting the bus depot on the divided 6 lane road?

Edit:  Oh wait.  That isn't at the depot, that's at the bus stop!   Never mind.    Perhaps like you said, try editing your bus depot and turning off some of the buses.   See if that helps.

The depot is on the avenue, and buses never get stuck there besides for normal, non-buggy reasons (traffic is backed up blocking the exit).

Gonna go try turning off some buses at the depot and see if it helps.

Oh god it's grotesque.  Not only do they get stuck at bus stops, they're going in circles to get back to the bus stops they were already stuck at!

(Sorry bout the vid quality, my laptop's not really up to gaming and doing vid capture at the same time.)

I had the same problem with school buses. Kept wondering - why is nobody in class at my high school?  Because there was a giant line of school buses all stuck at a stop several blocks away, so the students never actually got to school!

I take from the fact that you don't mention it that you didn't end up finding a solution?

No fixes or workarounds known for this issue?  Is this happening to everybody now, or just me?

It's because of the way that buses choose their paths. They all go to the same place at the same time, which results in the aforementioned pileups. These pileups clear eventually, but not before creating atrocious delays.

O

Not sure why, but a lot of the traffic issues I'm experiencing seem to trace back to clusters of buses getting stuck at single bus stops.  Once a bunch of buses are hanging out at the same stop, they never seem to leave, even if there's nobody waiting, until I demolish the stop and make a new one.  But then they all go hang out at a different stop forever.  Like this:

bus_zps1a15566a.png

(That's, like, 15 buses all stuck on the same stop).

I've noticed that:

• The problem is worse if you place a bus stop and a school bus stop right next to each other...placing them across the street from each other helps.
  • I can keep my city from becoming completely impassible by keeping bus stops off of my main avenue...then they just clog up side streets.

Any advice for me?  Will having less municipal buses help?  Or are there more tricks I don't know about stop placement?

Thanks.

Off topic, but what on earth do you have in that city that's got you running 100k in the red? 

ff topic

Maxed out services, a bunch of city specialization buildings for electronics manufacturing, and 0% taxes across the board.  I make it up and then some selling two consumer electronics factories' worth of TV's and computers.  I'm going for the 90% approval upgrades, but I'm stuck wobbling between 89% and 90% and it never stays high for 48 hours at a time.  Hoping fixing the traffic issues will help, since it'll reduce the number of sims who don't get to their jobs because they're stuck on the bus every day.

It's because of the way that buses choose their paths. They all go to the same place at the same time, which results in the aforementioned pileups. These pileups clear eventually, but not before creating atrocious delays.

So, there's two issues going on, then?  One, all available buses try to go to the same available bus stop at the same time, and two, buses can clip into each other and get stuck.  That's quite irritating.  I hope one or both gets fixed.

Maxed out services, a bunch of city specialization buildings for electronics manufacturing, and 0% taxes across the board.  I make it up and then some selling two consumer electronics factories' worth of TV's and computers.  I'm going for the 90% approval upgrades, but I'm stuck wobbling between 89% and 90% and it never stays high for 48 hours at a time.  Hoping fixing the traffic issues will help, since it'll reduce the number of sims who don't get to their jobs because they're stuck on the bus every day.

So, there's two issues going on, then?  One, all available buses try to go to the same available bus stop at the same time, and two, buses can clip into each other and get stuck.  That's quite irritating.  I hope one or both gets fixed.

IF they fix the first one the second wouldn't be so much of an issue. The first issue is a major factor in why traffic flows so poorly in SimCity. Cars are filing into places like sand flowing through tubes.

Just FYI if anybody else has this problem:  I demolished all my bus stops and municipal bus garages (kept the depot for tourist buses), and all of my city's traffic problems were immediately cured.  Y'all can $%&^! walk to work, witches.