6 posts in this topic

This is a little video I put together to celebrate and thank my viewers for my 200th subscriber. I took an hour of gameplay and time lapsed it into three and a half minutes. I thought it turned out rather well and thought it was a fitting way to thank my viewers. So thanks for all the support!!!

If you enjoy it, please like, share and subscribe!

And even if you don't, the subliminal message in the video will make you...buuhahaha. :yes:

How did you mange to get the circles centered so perfectly?

Hilliard?!? Hell we're neighbors! I'm near Dayton.

I basically lined up the top city limits on my monitor so the corners were about the same distance from the edge of my screen. Then I made a straight line past where I thought halfway was (my first line overshot the center a little bit, but better long than too short). Then, I rotated the screen 90 degrees and again tried to make the opposite corners of the city limits the same distance from the edge of my screen. Next, I made that second avenue straight up and let it intersect my first avenue...then I knew that intersection was pretty much (not exactly) the center of my city. From there it was circles following the dotted guides that appear when laying circular roads.

If that didn't make any sense whatsoever, let me know and I'll do a quick tutorial to show you how I did it. It's 4:30 am and I'm at the tail end of a 12 hr shift so I might just be talking stupid right now. :P

It did take me several attempts starting cities to figure out this system...I'm sure there are better ways, but it worked well enough for me.

Thanks for watching everyone!!

The quickest way to do this is as follows:

Get the dirt road tool, set it to straight.

For this explanation, consider the four corners to be NW,NE,SE,SW (clockwise).

Go to the NW corner, start the road from the intersection of the 2 guides that appear. Hold shift, so you can draw at exactly a 45 degree angle. Draw a road to the middle of the map.

Do the same from the NE corner. Where these roads intersect will be the exact map center.

Delete the overshoot so that the roads form a 'V'

holding shift again, draw a road straight up from the center of the V. This is your centerline

Using the desired road, select the circle tool. Now, if you pick a starting point for the circle anywhere along the centerline and, holding shift, drag to the exact map center, you will have a perfect circle that is perfectly centered.

Voila!