Sign in to follow this  
h0sti1e17

New Region Questions

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

I am planning on starting a new region.  Haven't done more than one city yet, and want to plan out my region.  Can my first city have no industrial?  I know I need some, I was thinking of having it in the next town over.  I was going to grid off some industrial zones in one town, and have residential and commerce in another.  Or does my first town need a mix?  Also if I set up industrial zones, and leave will jobs move in while I am in my residential town setting that up?  Or do I need to go back and forth?

Thanks

I'm not sure how wise it would be to start a city off with no industry, on SC4 I did it often but on this game I'd imagine its a little more tough to do it, plus a majority amount of my tax-revenue in the beginning comes from industries and trust me, I'm very anti-industry on SC4. But if you do it, tell me how it goes. Just yesterday, I destroyed me entire industrial zone for a new stadium, upscale housing and jobs.

And you'll have to switch back and fourth, the game doesn't progess while the city isn't active but of course the game continues to allow people to travel between the two cities even if one isn't active.