Sign in to follow this  
jasond363

Neighbour connections for tram in avenue (NAM)

Hi guys,

I've been trying to create a city with a heavy tram focus ( currently living in Melbourne, Australia), but can't seem to figure out how to create neighbour connections for my tram in avenue tiles using NAM. Is there something I'm missing?

I've been trying to create a city with a heavy tram focus ( currently living in Melbourne, Australia), but can't seem to figure out how to create neighbour connections for my tram in avenue tiles using NAM.

This is an rarely-spoken issue that has a workaround:

4sqeLVB.jpg

Without it, Trams won't be able to travel at all.

I'm doing something similar:

kastoria5.jpg

You may want to avoid the "workaround" look though; make the tram (-only) conncetion somewhere else (and pretend yourself that this was what you wanted  :uhm:).

Hmmm, and I thought I had read somewhere you could simply plop a puzzle piece on an existing avenue neighbour connection... But apparently that was a lie... :P

Hmmm, and I thought I had read somewhere you could simply plop a puzzle piece on an existing avenue neighbour connection... But apparently that was a lie... :P

Well I tried that and the tram avenue will be built still showing the neighbour connection arrows yet no sims will travel by tram between the city tiles.

Well I tried that and the tram avenue will be built still showing the neighbour connection arrows yet no sims will travel by tram between the city tiles.

There is indeed a connection there, but it's actually an avenue-only one.

The last time I saw an intercity tram in real life was when I was a little kid.  My grandmother wanted to go shopping in the next town and the local tram actually rode the railway tracks between the two.  I feel that intercity trams are an anomaly.  I'd probably use elevated rail between cities for aesthetic reasons.

However, to each is own.

The last time I saw an intercity tram in real life was when I was a little kid.  My grandmother wanted to go shopping in the next town and the local tram actually rode the railway tracks between the two.  I feel that intercity trams are an anomaly.  I'd probably use elevated rail between cities for aesthetic reasons.

However, to each is own.

I'm trying to connect a CBD city tile to a more residential/industrial city tile. I would consider them both part of the same city on a regional level so it's not so much an intercity link as it is just an extension of the metro network out into the suburbs. This occurs all over Melbourne which I'm basing the city off.

Good luck with that.  There are some work-arounds in this thread, and the one I like is the dive underground.  However, do as you see fit.