Sign in to follow this  
oldbrokenlink

possible list of upcoming simcity 5 ingame store dlcs

And how much are they meant to charge us for this?  Come on, man... 

I won't be surprised if Maxis / EA charged $15 - $20 for each DLC.  Sooner or later, it would be like $40 to get larger city sizes.

Everyone, relax. 

This is a list of DLC, but it doesnt mean all of this DLC is 100% finished and polished and ready to be churned out.  Skyrim's first two DLC's were being worked on before the game already came out. Most movies nowadays have planned sequels (or trilogy+'s) before release.  The initial installment's reception determines whether or not any of the future PLANNED things see release.

Im viewing this list and thinking on the bright side. Im excited to be able to make a giant military base, amusement park city, church district.  Of course, by the time this sees release, I expect traffic fixes, increased land sizes, and multiple region entrance points as a minimum.

Those of who purchased the deluxe edition should get the DLC free, the $20 extra we paid for the content is barely there. I haven't even used my free game yet because every game they offered, I already have. What kind of non-sense is that? The least they could do, is give us a game that could be used between Mac and PC because in that case I'd get SimCity 4 or Battlefield 3 since I don't have either of those for Mac.

But sorry for the rant; good find!

Everyone, relax. 

This is a list of DLC, but it doesnt mean all of this DLC is 100% finished and polished and ready to be churned out.  Skyrim's first two DLC's were being worked on before the game already came out. Most movies nowadays have planned sequels (or trilogy+'s) before release.  The initial installment's reception determines whether or not any of the future PLANNED things see release.

Im viewing this list and thinking on the bright side. Im excited to be able to make a giant military base, amusement park city, church district.  Of course, by the time this sees release, I expect traffic fixes, increased land sizes, and multiple region entrance points as a minimum.

Well considering the game isn't finished or polished, I don't think they should be working on DLC's...

Their first DLC should be  "Bed Bugs"

I haven't even used my free game yet because every game they offered, I already have.

Contact Origin's customer support. I've seen people reporting on reddit that if they already had all games on the list they got a different one, when they complained.

Nice to know they spent time making DLC instead of thinking about how the servers will be on launch day or fixing the bad traffic AI.

Well considering the game isn't finished or polished, I don't think they should be working on DLC's...

Not every developer and artist is needed when the game is near release and not everyone can fix every bug. Some simply run out of work. And instead of doing nothing or being sacked they start working on new content. What else should they do?

I read his reply on Twitter and my sentiment was this guy is hilarious. Then I read everyone on the internet being angry. To me it's obvious he cares and is interested in the game, but if he's just responding to some random dude on Twitter without any context whose complaint is "everything is perfect" then I read his reply as "Sounds like you built a utopia right there [/sarcasm]" 

There isn't much more to add other than he'll mention it to dev team, they will try to reproduce the issue and try and work on it, but I don't think it's fair to say he doesn't care. 

On the other hand, I don't own the game so I can see how to me it can be hilarious but to someone that paid $80 it can be frustrating. To that my response is you shouldn't ever preorder a game sight (review) unseen, and the game was just as crippled as they promised they would deliver for months on end.

ea/maxis now saying all issues fixed

http://www.reddit.com/r/SimCity/comments/1asxyl/everything_is_fixed_an_email_from_ea/

also maxis dev/management

basically what they are saying is we did it this way on purpose

no offline gameplay, no offline saves (cloud only) now rci fix we did it so u can have r only cities, no realtime syncing of cities in region, we did it so u can play with other players off line, ect.

this is not going to be fixed. and if u mod u risk being banned. all these things can be so easily fixed by modders, the problem is ea tos.