Sign in to follow this  

Can't open any city tiles!?

9 posts in this topic Last Reply

Playing normally until today I rarely have crash to desktop if ever now I can't open any tile even in a blank new region.

Game loads fine, region loads fine.

I have removed all plugins installed etc from the last 2 months and still I crash to desktop?

I have attached the exception report incase there is someone out there who can make sense of it

SimCity Exception Report 2013.03.21 15.03.32.txt

Exception time: 03/21/2013, at 15:03:32.
Exception code: 0xC0000005 (-1073741819) ACCESS_VIOLATION.
Current thread ID: 5976 (0x00001758).
Version information:
Application/module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Apps\SimCity 4.exe
Application/module version name: SimCity 4
Application/module version: 1.1.613.0
System version: Windows NT 6.1
System memory: 3956 Megabytes total, 872 Megabytes free.

Your game is missing the EP1 bug fix.  You should update it from SC4Devotion.  Open the site, scroll down to the EA Support button on the left; click it; accept the agreement.  Then choose the correct update for your region (version 613).  Download this, unzip it, and run it.

You might also want to pick up the Lot Editor and the two files on that page named BldgProps_Vol1 and _Vol2.

If you like, you can also pick up the update to take your game to version 1,1,640 which will give you proper night lighting for custom content buildings.

Those updates are not plugins.  You have to execute them.  I don't see how you could delete them unless you reinstalled the game.

I see you did run the EP1 update, but if you are still crashing, I'd be suspicious of any plugins you loaded recently.  You can sort your Plugins folder by date created on the files.  I would start moving them latest first, a few at a time, to another folder say, on your desktop, and continuing to test.

A quick test for plugin trouble is to rename your Plugins folder to Plugins.old and try the game.  A new Plugins folder will be created with nothing in it.  If the game runs on your big cities (ignore brown boxes and other errors), then you do in fact have plugin trouble.  Plugins are not guaranteed to run together.

0072010    3
  • Original Poster
  • Ok so I removed a few plugins and same thing happened removed all since xmas when the game was perfectly fine and still crashed at opening city tile re-installed game installed all updates and removed all plugins  - worked fine! So put maybe 1gb of plugins back in folder and now the game wont even load to the maxis screen

any thoughts

Plugin conflict seems to be your problem, but your city may be corrupted and unplayable.  Try moving the region out of the game (desktop is a good spot) and try opening something different.  Your tests indicate that there is something amiss in your plugins.  You might have to engage in a binary search (see pinned topic above).

0072010    3
  • Original Poster
  • any thoughts

Hmm, try to make use of punctuation maybe? Your post is gibberish.

Thank you for your helpful comment, if we want to get pedantic 'hmm' isn't an actual word so maybe you should make use of a dictionary. Heaven forbid someone should write a paragraph in a rush.

Plugin conflict seems to be your problem, but your city may be corrupted and unplayable.  Try moving the region out of the game (desktop is a good spot) and try opening something different.  Your tests indicate that there is something amiss in your plugins.  You might have to engage in a binary search (see pinned topic above).

Thank you! Will read the pinned topic and have a look.