Sign in to follow this  
cubercaleb

Still having population problems, and now there are some other things that are annoying me

So I built a more efficient city from the one yesterday, it uses a 3x2 HDA grid system allowing for about 12 high density buildings per block, I put commercial blocks in between residential blocks, laid down medium and large parks, have plenty of fire, police, health, and education. The RCI says I should zone more residence yet why should I do that when the residence I already zones has more than enough reasons to expand? I have maybe about 1-2 dozen high density medium wealth skyscrapers,  77% mayor approval rating, and mayors mansion right smack dab in the middle of the city (should improve the land value like crazy). I have a municipal bus station (should be more than enough for my population), a train station, more than enough power, etc. The only problem with my city is that tech buildings keep popping up which I'm assuming are the cause of me needing a dozen water towers and a another city to provide to garbage dumps and a dozen or so sewage outflow pipes (didn't get around to getting the department of utilities). Even though the other city has access the cities pipes still get backed up and most sewage doesn't flow out the city, Yay for broken region play! The best part about all of this is my population count... You ready for it? (Includes photo)

9,000 sims

Spark_2013-03-20_22-06-06_zpsbe19efea.pn

I put a decent amount of work into that city, making the sims happy with schools, fire and police coverage, health for the most part is good, Sims just complain because the germs from the industry. Looking at the maps the happiness and the land value are pretty good (even industry is happy, although bad land value). I recall slapping a couple of cities together on saturday that easily would hit 50k in an hour, without nearly as much effort as I put into this city, whats the deal? I was thinking about the RCI, but then why the heck wouldn't the residential upgrade if the Sims want more?

Between broken region play such as sending over 24 garbage trucks to my city, yet only seeing 8-12 and having slight garbage problems, to smaller city level things like maxing out a police station and being told that you have crime problems, only to find 1 or 2 police cars on patrol.... I can't tell if I just stink at this game or if the game is just broken. Pretty aggravating, I'm going to go play SC4, at least you can fix the problems with mods in that game.