Sign in to follow this  
LGMizzell

"This City is Ablaze!" Huh?

I'm getting alerts like that and other fire related alerts "The situiation is SERIOUS, do something!!", BUT ...I I Have Zero Fires and No Buildings Have Burned!

I've got a large fire station, almost maxed out on additions, plus two smaller stations, also almost maxed out as well. And yet, if I look at the map fire layer, almost the entire city is showing as moderate risk.

Don't understand what's going on! Ideas???

In fact, my Fire expense is higher than ANYTHING else and is killing me ...

Educated sims don't start as many fires. Big Industry + Uneducated sims = a lot of fires.

As for the risk map, I'm not sure how that works. I rarely get fires, yet my risk is always moderate.

Personally, I don't pay much attention to fires, and If I building burns down every now or then, its not a huge deal.

I have seen that message to and there are no fires at all, and nothing has burned recently enough to even be in the fire station stats any longer.
Just ignore it. 

Unfortunately.   =/

But, hey... maybe they mean your "City is on Fire!" - Like it was a good thing.  As in your City is doing well.  

Pfft!   *grin*

I seen the same thing.

My fires were pretty out of control for a little while but at the time I had none. Thankfully there all under control now and barely get any rubble anymore.

It's the "moderate risk" level on almost the entire city that worries me. Don't know if it's affecting the number of Sims willing to move in or anything.

It most certainly IS affecting my budget though, as I just kept building up the fire stations. Time to turn some stuff off!

Small fires do not necessarily burn a building down though. Go to the firestation menu and look to the bottom right to see how many fires occur and how many you did put out.