Sign in to follow this  
elektrichead22

gentleman's bet larger maps dlc or ep

25 members have voted

1. 1. larger maps?

• dlc
    • ep

9 posts in this topic

With this AI and simulation behavior i'm not sure i want larger maps.

What i want are adjacent maps, freely placable on existing regions or on self created regions. When the region stuff is fixed, the city size isn't important anymore because they then act as one city. Sharing resources, workers, education and services.

What i want are adjacent maps, freely placable on existing regions or on self created regions. When the region stuff is fixed, the city size isn't important anymore because they then act as one city. Sharing resources, workers, education and services.

what you want is just an artist rendering has nothing to do with the simulation.... if anything it is proof the maps are going to be bigger in the future... if they werent they would have been side by side.

what you want is just an artist rendering has nothing to do with the simulation.... if anything it is proof the maps are going to be bigger in the future... if they werent they would have been side by side.

as the game stands now in region view you can tell that larger maps are on the way.... if they weren't then our hoods would be right next to each other.... sorry talking in sc4 terms

if anything it is proof the maps are going to be bigger in the future... if they werent they would have been side by side.

Unfortunately, that proves nothing - it might be a simple "artistic licence" of Maxis/EA :)

As for maps, I bet for "EP". Or we should rather say - a bigger DLC than few new buildings and new region. However I'm not sure if I want bigger maps if they intend to keep the agent system like it is now (moving to the nearest open slot). It's impossible to plan anything within this system, since agents are not bound to specific building so it's a big lottery when and where will they jam the city. I already stuck my barely 70k city with migrating sims agents at the highway exit and no matter how many public transport I put, it does not help (I've got 3 ferries, 4 railways, regional bus stop, internal bus stops, trams, gridlock inside of the city and lorries with income from oil stuck somewhere at the horizon).

After being given a free game to make up for the multitudes of launch failures and also the EA CEO stepped down because of how bad the launch was I'm going to take a guess that they're going to do what they can to recover this franchise.

I voted for EP, but I dont expect larger maps any time soon.  Since glassbox runs the agent sim using a single thread, how much bigger can the map really be?

My guess would be an EP that provides adjacent city tiles and followed by large maps in a sequel... SimCity 2017 or so... after a re-work of glassbox.