Sign in to follow this  
Erisia

How do you actively remove ground pollution?

Hi everyone, in one of my cities i've got a large industrial district which used to produce a lot of ground pollution, alongside a large sewage treatment plant. However, since introducing a university on the other side of the city, all of the industry has turned to lv3 tech, and i intend to move the sewage treatment plant away, having discovered it's actually blocking a rail line.

As i'm trying to rejuvenate the area and reduce sickness for commuters and tourists passing through this area, i'd like to reduce the ground pollution levels as much as possible. Is there any simple way to remove existing ground pollution? (not garbage)

Once the source of the polution is removed the pollution will clear up in time. Parks etc help. Personally, I use the "GooberGen Air Purification" plant. Costs 1k to run but does an excellent job. It's not for everyone I suppose but I love it myself.

You will find it on the LEX and must be logged in to download.

Welcome to SimTropolis!

what is the type of your game? SimCity 4 or SimCity 2013... you can use specific forum type to ask question, member will response quicker and more accurate answer than in here.

Considering Erisia has an Origin username, I think it might be an SC 2013 question.  And, seeing that an SC4 solution has already been posted, I'll do the SC 2013 solution to make sure. :P

I think the only way to get rid of ground pollution is with trees.  You plop them where the ground is contaminated, and the trees die, and then when they grow sparse, you replant them.  You keep doing this process until the pollution is gone.  As far as I know, this is the only method, but let's see if others have ideas. :)