Sign in to follow this  
omnimutant

Strange Rainbow thingy on my Elevated rail...

^ That's a big no no. :no:

It might be caused by missing textures in the game, or you did not switch to hardware rendering mode. May I ask you what game version do you have? Just a normal SC4, or the SimCity 4 with Rush Hour (Also known as Deluxe)?

I could suggest redownloading that MOD (which is in here, I believe: http://blog.livedoor.jp/moonlinght/archives/cat_59226.html) or switch to hardware rendering.

Let us know if you do have any problems.

I'm running SC4 Deluxe(Steam) with Nam31 as my only Mod. Settings are Hardware Render, 32 Bit, 1680 X1050, day only. It also shows when I make an elevated rail as a bridge. I believe it's just all my Elevated rail pieces. I've never had that happen on any other piece yet.

Let us know if you do have any problems.

Thanks!

I do believe that right now, I see that you have the same problem as mine.

NAM 31, as of right now, was installed with a lot of problems and bugs, including the elevated rail's missing textures, which is the mentioned in problem above. I would suggest waiting for the NAM's next fix update (31.1), currently in development.

Thanks for the feedback!

It's an installation issue pertaining to the Alternate El-Rail style.  Reinstall the NAM, and upon doing so, either don't install that plugin in custom installation, or make sure you install the Cool Blue textures if you do.  Otherwise, you'll get that.

-Tarkus

Not having used the custom install of NAM31 before I noticed a ton of features I can check mark. How much of the unchecked stuff in custom is pre checked in the standard installation? Or rather is custom only allowing me to add stuff that is not already defaulted by the standard installation? (I don't know exactly what all I might be loosing or gaining here) Custom is a can of Worms I have yet to previously open. Still looking for "cool blue textures"...

When you select the Custom view, you start out with everything checked that is installed in the default Complete installation.  You can then either add or subtract from this.  The next time the Custom view is selected, it shows what you currently have installed, and you can then modify that.  Selecting the Complete installation will always install the same basic set of features, including any you may have removed in the Custom installation, but the Complete installation will not remove any features that you added in the Custom installation.

As for the option you're looking for, under the Custom installation, open up "NAM Networks and Network Expansions", then open up "El Rail" and "El Rail Alternate Implementation", which should be partially checked.  At the end of the list of options here, you'll find one labeled "El Rail Cool Color Concrete Texture"; this is the option you need to check.  Or, you can simply uncheck "El Rail Alternate Implementation" completely, and then you'll get the standard El Rail.