Sign in to follow this  
Andres97

Adviser Messages messed up

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hey

recently i reinstalled simcity 4 and it installed as the uk version with left hand driving. I modified the language hexadecimal file so the cars would drive on the right hand side like it outlines in the modding section i believe. But now the adviser messages are messed up, they come out saying

"TEXT_NOT_IN_Langauge" and a whole bunch of them just pop up in a couple seconds. 

Could anybody please help me with this? It really has become a nuisance in the last couple of days.

You may or may not find a folder called English (with an i) on your installation disks.  If you do copy it into your game residency at:

c:\program files\maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\  replacing the one named Englsh (no i).  This should fix your problem AFAIK.

Andres97    1
  • Original Poster
  • You may or may not find a folder called English (with an i) on your installation disks.  If you do copy it into your game residency at:

c:\program files\maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\  replacing the one named Englsh (no i).  This should fix your problem AFAIK.

I looked but not english folder with an I was found.

Since you have a left hand drive (UK) version of the game, you won't have an "English" folder on your CD. Instead, it will be named "UKEnglsh". Therefore, try replacing the language file from this folder. To do this:

1.  Insert your SC4 Deluxe Edition Disk 1 (the red one).

2.  Inside the disk, open the folder named UKEnglsh. Then copy the file inside (SimCityLocale.DAT) to the corresponding folder in your game's installation directory:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\UKEnglsh"

3.  Overwrite the existing file (replace).

To change your game's driving side, here's an alternative method, which involves a small bit of registry editing. Before making any changes to the registry, it's always recommended to make a backup or create a system restore point, just in case.

Andres97    1
  • Original Poster
  • Thank you all for your help and suggestions, but i tried renaming the folder from UKEnglsh to English and that totally worked. The Cars are driving on the right hand side and the adviser messages are working properly. But thanks for the help guys i'll remember this for the next time, which i hope there won't be a next time but we never know :)