Sign in to follow this  
cubercaleb

Low pop. even though i have skyscrapers, lots of services, parks, etc

Why is it that my cities, even though they have high density skyscrapers, lots of parks, public transit, services, etc can never seem to get a population above 5k, this is sad, I didn't buy SimTown, I bought SimCity, and there is no reason for my cities have a shortage of people. Can someone explain, I've seen youtuber's who have slapped small cities (low wealth and density) together in 15 minutes with populations bigger than mine, why are my cities just so small? Is it RCI?

Your roads are too packed together. If you made your grids larger, you'd be able to fit in much more housing.

Thanks, I'm not really sure how I am going to fix this being that my city is already up and going, but I will keep that in mind for future cities.

Hows the city next to it in terms of road design and efficiency?  I still have to get basic services in, but I have the road infrastructure set up, its a circular city that will become my education city, planing on setting the university up next to the train station.

Spark_2013-03-19_18-09-37_zps65225897.pn

When you click on the population tab and click on the Detail tab, check out if there are any job oportunities. If there are no jobs for residents, they wont come into the city. At the same time, you should try to balance the low, medium and high wealth. Check the detail tab out and see what is needed. There might not be enough jobs for certain wealth or there might not be enogh residentials for the lower wealth population to move in. Could be another factor, but i cant tell from those pics alone.

City looks nice by way.

When you click on the population tab and click on the Detail tab, check out if there are any job oportunities. If there are no jobs for residents, they wont come into the city. At the same time, you should try to balance the low, medium and high wealth. Check the detail tab out and see what is needed. There might not be enough jobs for certain wealth or there might not be enogh residentials for the lower wealth population to move in. Could be another factor, but i cant tell from those pics alone.

City looks nice by way.

Thanks, I found the mayor rating, its at 74%, also found the employment charts, low and high wealth are 100% employed, while mid wealth are not, should I make my next city over (one the photos didn't show) have a section with medium density industry?

Maybe a full screenshot will be useful with population etc? 

Either way, you have too many roads...... 

And given the amount of buildings you have, I could say you have 20-25k population at least. Even if everyone was rich. 

BIG blocks is your best solution against traffic also. And I mean no smaller than 6 skyscrapers per side, 2 wide. (12 per block) 

Long roads should be high density, side roads medium. 

A block like this can hold many tens of thousands of people, at no space cost, and really small traffic impact. You need of course on the long side of the next block parallel to it, the foot print of one skyscraper, parks (same as the residential value of the zone you want).