Sign in to follow this  
Jim14409

Will All in One Become Confusing?

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

Already it is hard to know when a post that shows up in the "replies" panel on the right side of the homepage is for SC4 or for SC2013. Maybe it is time to consider making text color different for each game. What does everyone think?

I understand wanting a uniform look to the site but isn't the main objective functionality and accessibility to information? My suggestion would be leave anything related to the SC4 forum in blue as it now shows in the "replies" column. Pick another color, maybe a different shade of Blue, or maybe green (etc) for SC2013. While at it, give CXL their own color and maybe one color for everything under "Gamer Topics."

Being able to see at a glance if a comment is in a forum the reader is keeping up with or wants to read would benefit the visitor and would also cut down on unnecessary page loads and server stress.

I did not buy SC2013 and so as a rule am not always interested in what is happening there and don't want to crawl through all their stuff to read what is going on in SC4

Maybe someone has a better idea but it just seems to me we need a way to sort of make each area stand out.

ALSO: When NAM 31.1 is released shouldn't it be on a new download page AND a NEW thread started with clear indication posts there are in reference to the bug smashed edition? Otherwise, it could get very frustrating wondering which posts refer to the fixed and the unfixed editions.

Maybe I'm the only one so easily confused but I like order and find it often eliminates many questions and frustration.

Would like to know the thoughts of others on these areas.

Thanks, Jim

SC 2013 has a separate forum altogether.  Posts in the SC4 section for the new game should be moved by the moderators.

What about people who are colour vision challenged?

Jim14409    445
  • Original Poster
  • SC 2013 has a separate forum altogether.  Posts in the SC4 section for the new game should be moved by the moderators.

What about people who are colour vision challenged?

Maybe you should re-read my post.

As for "colour vision challenged" Being an American I don't know anything about "colour."

However, my brother is color blind and he doesn't let it slow him down in the least. If we ask what if on every possibility we wouldn't get anything done due to paralysis would we?

Well, my Yankee friend, you need to understand that some people use a different spelling convention that you do.  And I did read your post very thoroughly.  Frankly, I think it is totally uncalled for.

I agree, a colour (or color ;)) coding system would be a nice idea. I'm sure a system like this could be introduced -- in a similar way to the Gamer Topics subforums. But on the other hand, too much colour may result in confusion. Like you say, it could just be used to distinguish between SC4 and SC13 topic replies.

A thing worth considering is the "Replies" sidebar doesn't always reflect live content. In fact, it can take around 10 minutes before a reply is listed. This is likely due to a refresh rate setting. So in terms of navigation purposes, it's not fully accurate in displaying the latest replies.

If you want to view the latest content by forum, I recommend using the  OH4ZeId.png  page. Here, you can view all new topics (by forum) as they are replied to. On the left sidebar, there are options to filter specific content -- such as by section, or time period.

Jim14409    445
  • Original Poster
  • Well, my Yankee friend, you need to understand that some people use a different spelling convention that you do.  And I did read your post very thoroughly.  Frankly, I think it is totally uncalled for.

I agree, a colour (or color ;)) coding system would be a nice idea. I'm sure a system like this could be introduced -- in a similar way to the Gamer Topics subforums. But on the other hand, too much colour may result in confusion. Like you say, it could just be used to distinguish between SC4 and SC13 topic replies.

A thing worth considering is the "Replies" sidebar doesn't always reflect live content. In fact, it can take around 10 minutes before a reply is listed. This is likely due to a refresh rate setting. So in terms of navigation purposes, it's not fully accurate in displaying the latest replies.

If you want to view the latest content by forum, I recommend using the  OH4ZeId.png  page. Here, you can view all new topics (by forum) as they are replied to. On the left sidebar, there are options to filter specific content -- such as by section, or time period.

I appreciate the responses from EVERYONE. :) Sorry if some took offense at my differentiation as regards spelling. By the way...Here in the U.S. I am NOT a Yankee as they all live or were born NORTH of the Mason-Dixon Line. ;) I was born in Fort Worth Texas and live in Arkansas. At one time both qualified one as being a Rebel or Confederate. Arkansas is rich in Civil War history and battlegrounds where Yankees and Rebels fought bitter battles.

< end of History lesson >

At least you understand where I was trying to go with the color thing Cyclone. Doesn't have to be color or colour ;)  but maybe the powers that be could toss around some ideas and come up with something. Thanks for the tips I will try it.