Sign in to follow this  
Borab

Lag in big cities

2 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hey, I recently started playing simcity 4 and I'm having lag issues. When my city starts getting big, fps drops to around 15-20 and it gets really choppy, it's weird because my system specs are way higher than what the game requires.

Asus P5N-D

Intel Q9400

4GB DDR2 1066Mhz

9800GTX+ 1GB

7200RPM HDD

I use the command to play on 1920x1080, and my fps still drops to 20 when there's a lot of stuff going on, and it only happens in this game.

Are there any tips or tweaks I can do to run the game smoother? with my specs I should be able to play it on max settings at 60fps at all times!

Thanks in advance.

What else have you got on your command line?  Do you have the -CPUcount:1 option for example?

If you have a lot of objects in the game, scrolling and zooming will be choppy because of the load (single threaded).  If you want to move quickly to another part of your scene try clicking in the mini map in the GUI.  Zooming can be done by choosing the LOD with numeric keys 1 - 6.  There is no continuous camera.