Sign in to follow this  
Gabriel Lima

Doubt About City Journals

It is possible to make a City Journal of another SimCity game, instead of SimCity 4 or SimCity (2013)? If it is, we got to have a permssion from a moderator or something? Or I can do that without any permission or restriction? I'll be waiting for responses...

"Many cities, one community"

Doesn't matter what city-building game it's from, I don't think. I've seen people post CJ's from Cities XL and SC4, Sim Mars and one from SC2013 so far. Haven't seen one yet from Cities in Motion or anything else yet, though. You don't need permission from a moderator. City Journals are basically blogs on this site for everyone to see. As long as the content is relevant, it's okay.

I would suggest searching for the appropriate forum to post your city journal in...of course, that might be more difficult if your not playing Cities XL which has its own subforum for city journals, Sim City 4, or SC2013.  I would suggest posting your city journal in this subforum for now.  A moderator will come by shortly and move you journal to the appropriate spot.  Of course to increase traffic to your journal since it might not be in a heavy traffic forum, I would suggest putting a link in your signature.  I rarely check out the Cities XL or SC2013 city journal threads, but I have come across some interesting entries from the main page and from links in people's signatures.  Happy city building and journaling...we all love to see cities built in any game possible!

Topic moved to a more appropriate forum.  This one.

EDIT: and here's an answer for you, as well:

In the Simtropolis forums (http://community.simtropolis.com/) there are dedicated city journal areas for each game.  In the "new" City Journal Section (http://community.simtropolis.com/journals/?type=all), you are free to do what you like, so long as you adhere to the site's rules.

"Many cities, one community"

Doesn't matter what city-building game it's from, I don't think. I've seen people post CJ's from Cities XL and SC4, Sim Mars and one from SC2013 so far. Haven't seen one yet from Cities in Motion or anything else yet, though. You don't need permission from a moderator. City Journals are basically blogs on this site for everyone to see. As long as the content is relevant, it's okay.

I think the slogan sums it up.

Over the years I have seen some hand sketched cities, some retro Transport Tycoon and SC3000 ones, as well as a few Minecraft ones being popular for a period. Basically if you have a creative idea and it can be linked to cities, go for it!

I thought that there was restrictions because in these days almost everything in Simtropolis is centred in SimCity 4 and, in the future, in SimCity (2013). Soon I'll start to organize a City Journal for SimCity 3000. And maybe I'll upload some of my SC3K BATs... :party:

Going on a limb here and saying that there should be no problem with you making a CJ not only here, but also in the new CJ section.

-checks-

Yep, you're cleared to go. Looking forward to seeing the CJ!

It is possible to make a City Journal of another SimCity game, instead of SimCity 4 or SimCity (2013)? If it is, we got to have a permssion from a moderator or something? Or I can do that without any permission or restriction? I'll be waiting for responses...

I asked a similar question before; actually it doesn't matter what game you play, as long as it involves building cities. Civilisation, Tropico, Spore, Age of Empires, all are accepted.