Sign in to follow this  
kgpurrs

Need help with traffic

Traffic in this game is just getting ridiculous.  I run out of power because the oil is stuck in the freeway, I had a nuclear disaster when I tried to use a nuclear power plant.  All my residential is next to commercial so the shortest distance to shop and work is supposed to be very short so I can't explain the traffic.  I get about 3500 tourists and I don't even have tourist attractions that causes a lot of traffic but I have 4 park and rides and buses only going to commercial districts.  Garbage doesn't get picked up at all and so the entire town is now full of garbage and polluted.

spark20130317171754.png

your doomed....

Not sure if the bug regarding new agents being spawned again and again in if commuters dont manage to do their things and leave within a day.

Traffic can be a nightmare. Build a train network. More transportation the better. Ferries you name it.

Why is there a problem?  I have 0 unemployment, and I have extra goods, so shoppers and not being turned away, workers are not searching for jobs...

HELP!!!

spark20130317173940.png

Try to balance so you have close to 0 Unemployment/unfilled jobs/unsold goods/Unsatisfied

That should bring down the amount of commuters, and get buildings operating

I think your problem is your 400,000 population. Im not sure the intention was for cities to have more than 200,000 people in them. That seems to be the number that was floating around in pre-interviews about the glassbox and agent simulations. 

I dont know how any of it works, but thats my educated guess.