Sign in to follow this  
mastorofpuppetz

City not processing correctly, rollback now it's gone

Has anyone had this issue, just lost a city I had spent many hours building. It said the servers were having trouble processing the city, said I had to rollback, when I did it is now disappeared. THis is why Always only and cloud saves just are not a good idea.

I don't think it has disappeared. Everything is there in the servers. They have no priviledge to touch or delete anything stored in them. Maybe these guys are continuing works in order to expand the servers thus making them not fully accesible. I hope these are temporary measures and as far as I understand it they actually are temporary. I say this because  some 7-8 days ago I had this same issue. I abandoned that city, waited for like 2-3 days and reclaimed it back. Surprisingly that worked out! Even now I have this issue in the same server but with a different region and city. I have spent like 7 hours yesterday building it and this error message popped out again. What is going on is of course unacceptable and inexcusable because many days have passed since the release date and they should have it fixed by now. But in this situation I suppose patience and composure is the only thing left to somehow handle it . Besides it we can't do anything else can we?  :D

It's typical, it happens all the time. Consider it gone. It's there somewhere on the server... but when you will get it restored could be an hour, could be a year, maybe never. There's a huge thread on this issue on the EA support forum. I've lost 3 and its been like a week or longer now. I don't expect to see it come back anytime soon.

I had it happen yesterday after I had spent almost a full 6 or 7 hours working on a city when it rolled back I would say about half my work was gone I got so mad I quite for the day and started all over this morning.....  i wish there was a way we could save a local copy.....  there should be such an option.....

Yeah, I agree there's just no excuse for no local copy option. Auto save to PC and give us an option to restore from a local copy in the load city screen.

This just happened to me now on EU East 3, well bet the next city will be even better.

Not all lost, it rolled back quite some time though

Yeah the rollback issue is coming out in force tonight! Seemingly I can't play an already built city for too long without it crapping out on me and rolling back to an earlier save. Welcome to Simcity

598697_10100247052127901_174721317_n.jpg

It's typical, it happens all the time. Consider it gone. It's there somewhere on the server... but when you will get it restored could be an hour, could be a year, maybe never. There's a huge thread on this issue on the EA support forum. I've lost 3 and its been like a week or longer now. I don't expect to see it come back anytime soon.

I had it happen yesterday after I had spent almost a full 6 or 7 hours working on a city when it rolled back I would say about half my work was gone I got so mad I quite for the day and started all over this morning.....  i wish there was a way we could save a local copy.....  there should be such an option.....

I had the same problem at least 3 times, and was told thru this forum that it happens a lot.

I very much agree with rhese quotes. 

Yes, this has happened on literally every city I started so far. I've tried about 8 times and after having about 80-150k sims, it gives me this error. Just one unacceptable issue after another it seems like.