Sign in to follow this  
City Planner

Very strange traffic AI behavior.

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

In the video shown below you'll notice how vehicles swing wide into the center median to make a right turn on this particular intersection.

They also stop well before the intersection from one direction, but then stop inside of the intersection coming from another direction.

Absolutely terrible traffic AI thus far that I hope they will manage to fix sooner rather than later.  This is obviously minor by comparison to some of the other behavior that the traffic AI exhibits in some peoples tests of it.   This was not a test in this video, it was simply my starting a new region and noticed the traffic AI driving around like a bunch of drunkards.

I think most of this could be fixed if they would add a history to the sim. Set place for them to live and work. Because all that is going on is them rushing each day to first available job and then home to fill.

Looks to me more like a bug with the road network than with the traffic AI.  Actually I'm not even sure what people mean when they say AI.  The game doesn't have AI, just basic programmed behaviours.

It looks as if this sort of thing can happen after a few alterations to the intersection are made, and maybe there is still a phantom road in slightly the wrong spot or something.  Does deleting the entire intersection and some of the road around it, and then building it anew help anything?

Bear in mind this is all from someone who doesn't have the game, so going on gut instinct.