Sign in to follow this  
stevendshen

Failure: 0Money,Negative Money flow,Frozen time->CANNOT SEND MONEY TO THE CITY!

Basically I didn't watch my budget and a new city went bankrupt, taxes are not yet being collected as homes are still being built,

I closed all services only to find that bonds were still producing a negative cash flow

The city's time froze, so my gift from other cities (trucks) couldn't reach my city,

What a fail..........

I have no way of dealing with this city in my region anymore, any way to solve?

Update: I also tries to raise taxes on the only few houses that were built, but they required a town hall wich was not built in the region when the city went bankrupt.\

With frozen time, the city just won't process data from the region anymore.............

Go to another city, transfer money over.  Wait for the transfer to finish in that city.  Now hop to your frozen city and start a disaster.  Time should continue for the duration of the disaster.

I do hate the way the budget deficit system works now though. even with a big city sometimes you can get a little careless and mismanage your budget with gifts or whatever, and if youre running a city where your hourly income is negative but you make big profits off trade, sometimes you have bad timing with a spending spree and the well runs dry before your next export shipment.

Then you have to jack up taxes or shut down a bunch of buildings in the city for a bit if you don't have any bonds available, and it's just dumb. It should just give you some kind of warning and say that you can't spend any money while you're in the red, but let the game keep running so you can get your gifts from another city or export your goods.