Sign in to follow this  
AusBoy94

Need Help With NAM!

9 posts in this topic Last Reply

I used the traffic simulation application as a cheat to get money, what I did was I set all of the fares up really high, so I made bank with just two bus stations, and now I cannot seem to fix it. i have reset the file to defaults several times and it still doesn't seem to set it back to normal. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I see. The Sims get on the bus, the doors close, the bus pulls away from the stop, and then the Sims see on the fare box: "NEW FARE: §50,000,000". And the Sims have to pay it or they get thrown from the moving bus. Just so you can make money without working for it. How do you think the Sims feel about this? Do you think they're just going to sit back and let you get away with this? No way! So they've hacked your traffic simulator.

Anyway, tell us exactly what you did and we'll see if we can fix it. What did you set the fare to? What program did you use to set it? How did you try to reset it? How do you know that the reset didn't work? Answering these questions should give us a lot more to work with.

AusBoy94    42
  • Original Poster
  • I see. The Sims get on the bus, the doors close, the bus pulls away from the stop, and then the Sims see on the fare box: "NEW FARE: §50,000,000". And the Sims have to pay it or they get thrown from the moving bus. Just so you can make money without working for it. How do you think the Sims feel about this? Do you think they're just going to sit back and let you get away with this? No way! So they've hacked your traffic simulator.

Anyway, tell us exactly what you did and we'll see if we can fix it. What did you set the fare to? What program did you use to set it? How did you try to reset it? How do you know that the reset didn't work? Answering these questions should give us a lot more to work with.

I used the Traffic Simulator Configuration Tool, I don't remember where it came from, I thought it was part of the NAM, but it might not be. I set everything to the max it could be. I reset it by clicking the reset to default option and double checked to make sure it set the fares back to normal. I know it didn't fix the problem because as soon as I plop down two bus stops my income jumps to 50,000 when my buses are barely being used by the small town.

Yes, the Traffic Simulator Configuration Tool is part of the NAM. I just tried out what you said and it works fine for me. Are you sure you saved your traffic simulator after resetting it? Also, are you sure that SC4 was not running when you made this change? Finally, by any chance do you have more than one file in your NAM folder whose name begins "NetworkAddonMod_Traffic_Plugin_Z_"?

AusBoy94    42
  • Original Poster
  • Yes, the Traffic Simulator Configuration Tool is part of the NAM. I just tried out what you said and it works fine for me. Are you sure you saved your traffic simulator after resetting it? Also, are you sure that SC4 was not running when you made this change? Finally, by any chance do you have more than one file in your NAM folder whose name begins "NetworkAddonMod_Traffic_Plugin_Z_"?

Yes, the Traffic Simulator Configuration Tool is part of the NAM. I just tried out what you said and it works fine for me. Are you sure you saved your traffic simulator after resetting it? Also, are you sure that SC4 was not running when you made this change? Finally, by any chance do you have more than one file in your NAM folder whose name begins "NetworkAddonMod_Traffic_Plugin_Z_"?

YES! I have two that say "..._Z_high_" and one that says "..._Z_Medium_".

YES! I have two that say "..._Z_high_" and one that says "..._Z_Medium_".

Well, as you've undoubtedly figured out, that's your problem. This problem normally doesn't occur; my guess is that at one point, you tried to change the traffic simulator while SC4 was running. That would produce this situation. In any case, this is a bug in the Traffic Simulator Configuration Tool, and we'll get it fixed for the next NAM release.

To fix your problem, remove the Medium traffic simulator. You will probably find two files that begin "NetworkAddonMod_Volume_Data_View_Z_" as well; one of them will have Medium in its name, and you should remove that one. Then, without SC4 running, run the Traffic Simulator Configuration Tool and change the Base Network Capacity from High to Medium. (I assume that's what you want.) You should also check all the boxes under the Data View section at the bottom.

It appears that the TSCT is a bit too aggressive when resetting to default values; it should not change the main capacity, and the default for the Data Views should be checked, not cleared. These bugs will be fixed in the next NAM release.

AusBoy94    42
  • Original Poster
  • Well, as you've undoubtedly figured out, that's your problem. This problem normally doesn't occur; my guess is that at one point, you tried to change the traffic simulator while SC4 was running. That would produce this situation. In any case, this is a bug in the Traffic Simulator Configuration Tool, and we'll get it fixed for the next NAM release.

To fix your problem, remove the Medium traffic simulator. You will probably find two files that begin "NetworkAddonMod_Volume_Data_View_Z_" as well; one of them will have Medium in its name, and you should remove that one. Then, without SC4 running, run the Traffic Simulator Configuration Tool and change the Base Network Capacity from High to Medium. (I assume that's what you want.) You should also check all the boxes under the Data View section at the bottom.

It appears that the TSCT is a bit too aggressive when resetting to default values; it should not change the main capacity, and the default for the Data Views should be checked, not cleared. These bugs will be fixed in the next NAM release.

I only have one of the volume files and it's High, but am I still supposed to have two traffic plugin files? I still have to high ones.

No, you should always have just one traffic plugin file. You should be able to delete either one, then edit the remaining one in the Traffic Simulator Configuration Tool to get the settings you want.