Sign in to follow this  
lhrob

Problems using rain tool

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

Not sure if this belongs in this forum or not, so I humbly encourage the mods to move it if necessary.

I have tried on multiple occasions to use the rain tool (), following all the tutorials I could find, and I simply can't get the thing to work. I wanted to bridge a canyon in my city, but when I tried using the tool it wiped out all the intersections, highways, and some buildings in my coastal areas along with some on higher ground. I mean, it literally raised the sea level along my waterways. I did the terrain editing to make sure the land depression was created properly, and I had the tool set on a small radius, centered directly over the area I wanted to fill with water. The depression never filled with water, and instead I incurred a lot of damage in my city. I had to exit the map back to the region without saving.

Does anyone know off hand if it conflicts with any modds that you can think of? Has anyone had problems using it, but you found a solution which you're dying to share with everyone else? ;) Like I said, I've followed the tutorials to a 'T', and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I use teirusu's raintool all the time and I have almost most of the existing mods in my game also and it never happened without my fault.

I think you tapped the tool a little too much. In close view you have to be very careful, it adds waterlevels faster than you want and then the level raises above and destroys all kinds of things. It's all a matter of being patient and handle the tool with care. ;)

mrb

lhrob    200
  • Original Poster
  • you might be using the lake tool it dose the same thing to me too it is just the lake tool for me but it works fine for me

The lake tool? I'm not sure what you mean. Are you talking about the terrain tool that lowers the ground? No, that's not what I'm using. I'm specifically using the rain tool, and I can see the rain coming down, but it doesn't fill the depression I've created.

I use teirusu's raintool all the time and I have almost most of the existing mods in my game also and it never happened without my fault.

I think you tapped the tool a little too much. In close view you have to be very careful, it adds waterlevels faster than you want and then the level raises above and destroys all kinds of things. It's all a matter of being patient and handle the tool with care. ;)

mrb

If I can find some in-game video capturing software, I'll take a video to show you what I'm talking about. When the rain falls, it just swirls around in the basin I've created, but disappears into the ground after I let go of the button. It does it even when I gently tap the tool a little bit. There's no lake or pond that is left behind. Just dry ground.

lhrob    200
  • Original Poster
  • Never mind. I removed the .dat file from my Plugins folder, redownloaded the tool, and stuck it back in the folder from the fresh download. Not sure why that would have anything to do with it, but now it's working. Go figure. Things haven't been going right in my life lately, so I shouldn't be surprised to see this would screw up for me, too.

Anyway, thanks for the responses.

Never mind. I removed the .dat file from my Plugins folder, redownloaded the tool, and stuck it back in the folder from the fresh download. Not sure why that would have anything to do with it, but now it's working. Go figure. Things haven't been going right in my life lately, so I shouldn't be surprised to see this would screw up for me, too.

Anyway, thanks for the responses.

lol...well, things sometimes do that without real explanations. Glad it works now, have fun. ;)

mrb