Sign in to follow this  
nukehumvee

City Journals limited to SC4 and CXL only?

14 posts in this topic Last Reply

Just asking: Are City Journals (CJs) limited to SimCity 4 and Cities XL cities only? I've been thinking of actually publishing a SimCity 3000 CJ. (Yeah, yeah, laugh at the guy with the nuke-Humvee...) I'm serious.

If it's restricted to SC4 and CXL, I can understand.

I've been running a weekly Ben's Top Ten in both the forum CJs (SC4) and the site CJ section for a couple of years. Running the stats each week means that I look at every single CJ update, and I can tell you that CJs comprise all sorts of things. Some have hardly any, or no, SimCity4 or CXL in them at all, and have been successful.

Is it a city? Is it a sim? Yes and yes? Then show it off in one of the CJ areas. I played plenty of SC3000 in my time, I'd love to see what you've done.

During the years I've spent on ST, I've seen CJs not only based in SC4 or CXL, but also Minecraft, Civilization and Age of Empires, among others. As Ben has said, if it's about virtual cities, regions or civilizations (showing a bunch of real life city pics just for the sake of showing them is not allowed), it is OK and interesting for us.

Just asking: Are City Journals (CJs) limited to SimCity 4 and Cities XL cities only?

Which I take as yes, then?

I'm still afraid. SC3K is noted for building repetition.

The answer to your original question is actually: No, CJ forum/section are not limited to SC4/CXL.

I think any of us who played SC3K know that it was repetitive - nothing to be afraid of.

I'd enjoy it, a little nostalgia never hurts. Personally SC3000 was the game that got me into City Simulation games after I bought it at school book fair in fifth grade so it will all be special. :P

No one ever said CJ's have to be made in a certain game. You could make one in Tropico if you wanted (I think someone had actually done this).

Which I take as yes, then?

I'm still afraid. SC3K is noted for building repetition.

Fear not. Go for it.

Would games such as Anno 1404 be included in? (Especially crossed in later designs with Simcity 4)?

The CJ section of the site does not impose any restrictions on what games may be used. Any game, any type of journal is welcomed. As Nonny said it would enrich the CJ section. Have fun.