Sign in to follow this  
Snoopy0626

Water & More Water

19 posts in this topic Last Reply

Ok I can give this map the the preson you thinks their the boss (wife) as she is a graphic artist, how the problem is that every state has water. Now this body of water start at the coast on side and finish on the side some 90 state.

Now are you still with me or have you fallen asleep!!!!!!

Before I spend weeks looking for a file that can build bridges with any form of transport over any body of water

Sorry, that post is unfathomable. Try putting it in your native tongue then running it through something like Google translate. As it stands we can read the words but they don't mesh.

If you are trying to say that you want a city tile that has water on its border connect with another that has water (shared water) on its border, no you can not...

If you just want a fake brigde, to appease your wife.. I have never seen those.

Snoopy0626    4
  • Original Poster
  • I think it may be a question about building bridges from 1 tile to another. Not sure though :uhm:

You can go to the top of the class

Yes this about bridges

Sorry, that post is unfathomable. Try putting it in your native tongue then running it through something like Google translate. As it stands we can read the words but they don't mesh.

I did put in my native Australia

I don't want to spend hours looking a bat or mod the can make bridge for all form of transport (Eg: rooads, street. highways, avenues, railway)

When one was not written

Let draw some pictures

kangarooground7jun00135.png

templestowe9apr00135330.png

This has freeway in the bottom left corner that should be link in to the one in top left corner with all the items I have there is no way you can make the bridge to cross the body of water

It seem that you want to connect the highway on the southwestern part of your city to the highway one the northeastern side of the city.

I think make a bridge to connect them should be enough and it should be possible to doing so.

Actually, if you realize, you already make a connection between them !

In the picture, the avenue already become a bridge for those highways. However, if you want to connect them without using any other kind of roads, then simply bulldoze the avenue and drag the highway across the river and then, choose the kind of bridge that you want and then, click 'ok' and a bridge will be created.

Somehow, the OP is omitting words from his posts. Australian English is not that different from the Queen's English. Try rereading your posts before you place them and make sure that all the words that are supposed to be there are.

am i the only one who didnt quet get it?
    No, you're not the only one who didn't get it. I've tried dealing with Snoopy before, and found it difficult. Australian English isn't so cryptic that an American can't understand it.

Nevertheless, Snoopy....it doesn't matter if you want to connect the highway in the bottom left to the highway in the top left, because you don't have enough room on your map for the interchanges to fit in. You need to reconfigure the bottom highway and extend if further to the east before you'll have room for the interchange. That means you'll need to delete the avenue at the bottom Never mind...no you don't need to delete the bottom avenue. But you'll still need to reconfigure the highway AND you will need to delete or relocate the avenue at top. There's no need for a mod to do something like this. You just have to make room for things to fit.

Snoopy0626    4
  • Original Poster
  • This what I was give to play with, I don't what to hours looking all over the internet or years making the transport system work, I am looking for any thing the makes building bridge a great deal easier for all forms of trandports (Eg: roads, street. highways, avenues, railway)

The body of water does not always run in a straight line to the land mass

With what I have complete to this stage I don't think one highway runs in a straight state to state

victoria1353405496.png

victoria1353405550.png

victoria1353405496.png

I don't really get your issue with bridges either. Try to be more specific when you ask questions. Images are really helpful to get your ideas across (and in quite some cases, sketches of what you want to achieve, no matter how poorly drawn they look).

Anyway, since you're dealing with engineering problem here, you have to understand that (civil) engineering is not the easiest task. Each situation needs a separate solution and having to deal with so much water is just asking for challenges.

Often, building bridges is nothing more than dragging a network from one side to the other. I don't see how you can make it easier in any way. However, you have to think where you can make these links in a most efficient way, e.g. shortest span, bundling, distances between shore connections, etc. There are many factors to be dealt with and this is an important task for you as planner to fulfill. City-planning is a multidisciplinary task and therefore complex. For instance, in your case, you tend to build too many bridges. Try to limit your bridges and make compromises what routes should cross. I see many redundant links present...

Anyway, these are the words of a semi-transit-expert ;)

Best,

Maarten

If you want to bridge that large estuary you will need islands (land fill) to support the bridge structure at the borders of the empty tiles that overlap into the other tiles. Bridges only run from land to land and not across empty city tiles.

This what I was give to play with, I don't what to hours looking all over the internet or years making the transport system work, I am looking for any thing the makes building bridge a great deal easier for all forms of trandports (Eg: roads, street. highways, avenues, railway)

The body of water does not always run in a straight line to the land mass

With what I have complete to this stage I don't think one highway runs in a straight state to state

Snoopy, I'm not really sure I understand what you're wanting to do. Are you wanting to connect your transits systems between states? If so, all you have to do is drag your route to the edge of the map, and accept the connection to your neighbor. But as others have said, you CANNOT build a bridge between different maps. And there isn't a modd which will allow you to do it.

Since you mentioned your body of water doesn't always run in a straight line to the land mass, I wonder if maybe you're wanting to build diagonal bridges? If so, there IS a modd for that. But you still will not be able to build a bridge between two different states (maps). Have a look here:

Beyond that, I'm not sure what else we can do to help you because it's hard for us to understand what you're saying. We want to help, but if you can, please try to express your thoughts a bit more clearly for us, okay?

I think he means aboriginal australian.

Somehow, the OP is omitting words from his posts. Australian English is not that different from the Queen's English. Try rereading your posts before you place them and make sure that all the words that are supposed to be there are.

I did wonder of Snoopy is an aboriginal. If so, we can make allowances for broken English, but we still have to have the necessary linking words that make the posts make sense. Often what is missing is a preposition that would make sense of the sentence. Is the aboriginal language declined (has case endings for nouns, and/or enclitic prepositions)? If this is the situation, then the case sense has to be included in the English, since we have nothing like that.