Sign in to follow this  
AussieMine

I need some tips and tricks

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

I just need some simple tips and tricks on how to run a city. Can anyone give some good tips and tricks for beginners?

When ever I design a city. I get about half way into it, and then I just destroy it... I want to make one where I want to keep it and make it into a journal.

Playing this game is a matter of developing a personal style and art. Start slowly, stay in default mode (Turtle), and work gradually. Think not 'instant city' but 'developed city' that starts at either the shore (a fishery, perhaps) or at a likely crossroads village in the middle of farming country.

Since we don't have resource industries in the game, these are about the only choices unless you choose one of the industry packs such as logging, which can be had from sites such as Simpeg.

Kicking off anything other than what the game provides (it doesn't have a fishery, you need to get that), you will need lots of cash. The best way to get the cash is to play on hard mode and use the 'extra cheats .dll' command moolah to give yourself enough working capital to play outside the original box.

I often start with a Pegasus CDK3 port installation and set my treasury to 500000 when I open such a city. This allows for expensive power plants, water supplies, and the port installation before the tile has made a cent. In this scenario I start with the port, then a band of industrial, a band of commercial then housing. In this situation it is also not a bad thing to have a separate Central Business District (CBD) with its own band of housing. Like this. Open that link in a new tab, and enjoy.