• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Urgent Request: Simtropolis Needs Donations To Keep Going   12/05/2016

Hi Community As Simtropolis turns 14 years old this year, we're asking your help now more than ever to help us keep the site and everything you love about our Community and STEX up and running. A donation goes a long way to help us offset the costs of keeping the site up and operational. As you know, we're a completely community-driven not-for-profit website, but we do have to deal with some modest real-world expenses from month to month. Lately, we've been feeling a big pinch with a slump in donations, and we're hoping to drive that up so we can continue to keep the site running. In return for your donation, we're offering several STEX Collection Discs which you can learn more about here, if you wish to receive one. We would really appreciate your support by way of a donation of any amount in order to keep the site up and running. Of course, as always, we'll send you a gift with a minimum donation as a Thank You. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to PM me!  Donate Any Amount Here To Receive a STEX Disc(s) Donate a Specific Amount Here Sincerely; Dirktator & The Admins PS. Thank you to those who have stepped up and donated -- we really appreciate it!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aran

Aran's Lots - Support Thread

1 post in this topic

Moderators: If this is in the wrong forum, please move it. Since I don't generally make my own BATs, it didn't make sense to post it in the BAT thread.

This will be the official support thread for my lots, of which there are currently three. When I uploaded my new set to the STEX, I went looking for my old support thread to add a release memo and realized it'd been seven years since I last contributed. Needless to say, the thread is long gone.

Last night I uploaded this to the STEX:

ASFLogo.jpg

ASF-NET-00.jpg

(In case it's not obvious, I tossed Gascooker's tents - among other things - on a few street tiles.)

It can be found I spent an awful lot of time this year looking for detours around the various street fairs/art fairs/summer festivals/farmer's markets that infested appeared on my commuter route once spring hit. So when I got interested in SC4 again, I decided my Sims should have be as cursed lucky as I am to have them in their cities.

ASF is a modular set that consists of three transit-enabled end pieces, nine 1x1, four 1x2, and two 1x3 pieces as well as a 'pre-built' 1x6 and a Bus Stop piece that has the standard white concrete tile base instead of the streets. There are a total of twenty lots available in the base set. Here's a link to the catalogue image included in the ZIP file here so you can have a better look at the lots than what appears in the set logo above: http://sc4.ejmeyer.n...SFCatalogue.jpg It's not directly posted because it's a large image. For my one or two fans that use dial-up: sorry.

So here you go. I have a few ideas for companion or expansion sets to ASF, and will always entertain more. In regards to my other two offerings, support is limited because I no longer have the original files (or a working copy of BAT4MAX, for that matter). I plan to overhaul both and repost new versions but have no idea when. If anyone has questions or suggestions about my stuff, here's the place to ask.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

•  
  • Similar Content

• By ST Challenges
      Content Creation
      BATs, Lots, Mods or Maps. No rules except build anything!
      Season 3 - Challenge #20 - Custom Content (47 days)
      Results Announced Here!
      Thanks to @MushyMushy for the challenge idea.

In the world of SimCity 4, the huge library of content is the main reason for the game's longevity. It continues to push the limits to what is possible, and allows the creation of more realistic and diverse structures & landscapes.
      Yes, it's time for the ultimate test of creativity! In the final Content challenge of the season, we're basically throwing away the rule books...
      For this challenge, you may create any SC4 content you can imagine, not just limited to lots. Maybe an elaborate map, an intricate mod, or a magnificent BAT -- even a combination of these things. Because for the first time, up to 3 separate items of content may be entered if you'd like. You choose the item(s) you'd like to create, along with the method and techniques to get there. With Trixie nominations just around the corner, an open canvas awaits!
      Once completed, a screenshot should be taken showing the content functionally present in the game. Daytime is preferable for this, unless the item contains dominant night lighting effects that you'd like to present.

Specifications
      Anything!  
      This is a  Custom Content  challenge running for 47 days.

Requirements
      To qualify, please make sure each entry complies with the following requirements:

This challenge is only open to SimCity 4 Deluxe / Rush Hour.
        The content must be an original item (created by yourself), and not previously released on the STEX or other public exchange.

You may submit a maximum of 3 content items, each following the below Submissions process.   a. All your entered items will be eligible for voting, however only your highest rated item will be used in the final ranking.
      So basically there are 3 opportunities to gain a place in the results, with no downside to submitting more than one.

b. In the event of items having an identical rating and votes, the earlier submitted item will be selected.

Submissions
      As this challenge involves creating content, submitting entries is slightly different than a regular event.
      For each item, there is a two-step submission process; using the STEX for uploading and the Gallery for voting:

On the STEX
      The content uploaded in the STEX Challenges category below.
      The upload has a full title.
      A description with basic information, including any dependencies used.
      At least one in game screenshot of the content.

Leaderboard Rankings  
      A new leaderboard system is currently running for this season. This has been designed to incorporate all challenges, linking with each set of results.
      Each place in a challenge has points on offer -- the higher you finish, the more points you gain. Then at the end of the season, prizes will be given out to the top 10 in the final standings, with the winner being crowned the Grand Champion! 
      This  Custom Content  challenge is eligible for the "Overall" and "Monthly & Custom Content" leaderboards.

Full details and the current standings can be viewed in the following topic:

The winners will be the top 3 ranked images. Reputation prizes will be awarded based on the number of entries, and the overall average rating. See this topic for more info.
      As usual for this  Custom Content  challenge, rep prizes will be distributed slightly differently. The top 5 placed entries will earn reputation, along with points for the "Overall" and "Monthly & Custom Content" leaderboards. As this is a longer challenge, the amount of rep and points will be greater (depending on the number of entries).
      After the challenge has concluded and the winners announced, all submissions will be kept available for the community to enjoy.

Good luck everyone, let's make this an epic showdown!

• By ST Challenges
      Content Creation
      BATs, Lots, Mods or Maps. No rules except build anything!
      Season 3 - Challenge #20 - Custom Content (47 days)
      Results Announced Here!
      Thanks to @MushyMushy for the challenge idea.

In the world of SimCity 4, the huge library of content is the main reason for the game's longevity. It continues to push the limits to what is possible, and allows the creation of more realistic and diverse structures & landscapes.
      Yes, it's time for the ultimate test of creativity! In the final Content challenge of the season, we're basically throwing away the rule books...
      For this challenge, you may create any SC4 content you can imagine, not just limited to lots. Maybe an elaborate map, an intricate mod, or a magnificent BAT -- even a combination of these things. Because for the first time, up to 3 separate items of content may be entered if you'd like. You choose the item(s) you'd like to create, along with the method and techniques to get there. With Trixie nominations just around the corner, an open canvas awaits!
      Once completed, a screenshot should be taken showing the content functionally present in the game. Daytime is preferable for this, unless the item contains dominant night lighting effects that you'd like to present.

Specifications
      Anything!  
      This is a  Custom Content  challenge running for 47 days.

Requirements
      To qualify, please make sure each entry complies with the following requirements:

This challenge is only open to SimCity 4 Deluxe / Rush Hour.
        The content must be an original item (created by yourself), and not previously released on the STEX or other public exchange.

You may submit a maximum of 3 content items, each following the below Submissions process.   a. All your entered items will be eligible for voting, however only your highest rated item will be used in the final ranking.
      So basically there are 3 opportunities to gain a place in the results, with no downside to submitting more than one.

b. In the event of items having an identical rating and votes, the earlier submitted item will be selected.

Submissions
      As this challenge involves creating content, submitting entries is slightly different than a regular event.
      For each item, there is a two-step submission process; using the STEX for uploading and the Gallery for voting:

On the STEX
      The content uploaded in the STEX Challenges category below.
      The upload has a full title.
      A description with basic information, including any dependencies used.
      At least one in game screenshot of the content.

Leaderboard Rankings  
      A new leaderboard system is currently running for this season. This has been designed to incorporate all challenges, linking with each set of results.
      Each place in a challenge has points on offer -- the higher you finish, the more points you gain. Then at the end of the season, prizes will be given out to the top 10 in the final standings, with the winner being crowned the Grand Champion! 
      This  Custom Content  challenge is eligible for the "Overall" and "Monthly & Custom Content" leaderboards.

Full details and the current standings can be viewed in the following topic:

The winners will be the top 3 ranked images. Reputation prizes will be awarded based on the number of entries, and the overall average rating. See this topic for more info.
      As usual for this  Custom Content  challenge, rep prizes will be distributed slightly differently. The top 5 placed entries will earn reputation, along with points for the "Overall" and "Monthly & Custom Content" leaderboards. As this is a longer challenge, the amount of rep and points will be greater (depending on the number of entries).
      After the challenge has concluded and the winners announced, all submissions will be kept available for the community to enjoy.

Good luck everyone, let's make this an epic showdown!

• By daderic888
      G'day all!
      I'm about to start BATting using GMAX, but I have been wondering whether it's better to use Splines (rectangles, flat shapes) or Standard Primitives (boxes, spheres, cones) to create buildings.
      What would be better to use? Which would be better for the use of nightlights for windows, signage, etc?
      I'm also considering starting a new BAT team.
      Any suggestions are appreciated.
    • By fredinno
      So I'm trying to decouple this lot with its growable version, since it's glitched out and 1x2, unlike the 3x3 of the ploppable lot.
      I look into the .Lot file included, it seems to only have a landmark lot added to it.

So how would I decouple it to not be growable?

• By raynev1
      Hello everyone , 
            Today I bring you my first upload to the STEX . It is a ReLot of an awesome building I downloaded long , long ago . The BSC Ikea Superstore uploaded on the LEX by Gascooker . The footprint is the same (5x5) and all of the stats are the same as well .
            The dependencies are as follows 
      Ikea Superstore BSC (v1.0) Found Here  and it's associated dependencies .
      BSC Textures Vol 01 (v1.0)  Found Here .
      BSC MEGA Props - SG Vol 01 (v1.0)  Found Here .
            I hope you all enjoy . Long Live Simcity 4 .
      Find the image Here  also , Everybody have a great day . Below are images of how I intended to use the lot with SAM and some fillers .