• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Need your donations for May & June!   05/01/2017

We need your support to help keep Simtropolis online. We also need a little bit more this month to enhance the new chat with some features, such as mobile support! Please consider a donation today if you can help out, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

About our affiliation with GOG.com   05/23/2017

Simtropolis is now an affiliate of GOG.com! When you use one of our affiliate links to GOG.com, all it means is that Simtropolis has a chance to earn a small commission from any purchases you might make. So if you see something that tickles your fancy, please use our affiliate links and by doing so, you'll help support Simtropolis! Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aran

Aran's Lots - Support Thread

1 post in this topic

Moderators: If this is in the wrong forum, please move it. Since I don't generally make my own BATs, it didn't make sense to post it in the BAT thread.

This will be the official support thread for my lots, of which there are currently three. When I uploaded my new set to the STEX, I went looking for my old support thread to add a release memo and realized it'd been seven years since I last contributed. Needless to say, the thread is long gone.

Last night I uploaded this to the STEX:

ASFLogo.jpg

ASF-NET-00.jpg

(In case it's not obvious, I tossed Gascooker's tents - among other things - on a few street tiles.)

It can be found I spent an awful lot of time this year looking for detours around the various street fairs/art fairs/summer festivals/farmer's markets that infested appeared on my commuter route once spring hit. So when I got interested in SC4 again, I decided my Sims should have be as cursed lucky as I am to have them in their cities.

ASF is a modular set that consists of three transit-enabled end pieces, nine 1x1, four 1x2, and two 1x3 pieces as well as a 'pre-built' 1x6 and a Bus Stop piece that has the standard white concrete tile base instead of the streets. There are a total of twenty lots available in the base set. Here's a link to the catalogue image included in the ZIP file here so you can have a better look at the lots than what appears in the set logo above: http://sc4.ejmeyer.n...SFCatalogue.jpg It's not directly posted because it's a large image. For my one or two fans that use dial-up: sorry.

So here you go. I have a few ideas for companion or expansion sets to ASF, and will always entertain more. In regards to my other two offerings, support is limited because I no longer have the original files (or a working copy of BAT4MAX, for that matter). I plan to overhaul both and repost new versions but have no idea when. If anyone has questions or suggestions about my stuff, here's the place to ask.

Magneto likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

•  
  • Similar Content

• By Fantozzi
      There was a time uploads on the STEX were rated simply with 1 -5 stars and without a written comment and nobody did know - why someone only rated something 3 stars.
      Now you need to give a comment. And I thought this comment is to explain the rate you give. F.e. if someone uploads a yellow house and you don't like the color yellow - you give 3 stars and and write: this house is yellow and i don't like it yellow, blue it would be much better (as you could before without telling your motivation).
      So now other users will see - Ah, that's the reason fantozzi rated this 3 stars, but me, I love the colour yellow, so why should I care about fantozzis rating?
      As me, being objective, I can try, but it's almost impossible, as I'm not almighty in my knowledge and capabilities and on judging content I'm not always 'right' in the sense of public opinion or the opinion of everyone and therefore my opinion might be 'strange' to others. That's a result of me being a subject, an individual, I think. I can fail. Even on opinion or judging. So I can't always do right to everybody.
      Now I see subjective ratings on uploads will be deleted.
      So objective criteria is needed - criteria that can be applied on all ratings the same way and exclude subjective judgements like about which colour is better for a building.
      Or I won't rate anymore anything here - as beeing attacked by moderators just for stating my subjective (and maybe wrong - in a public view) opinion, I don't like this.
      So please tell me what I am allowed to say and what not when rating.
    • By kingofsimcity
      KOSC Presents: Industrial Revolution Mod - Logistic Filler Set 1
      Introduction
      This is a set of ploppable filler lots for dirty, manufacturing, and hi-tech industry which are designed to add some logistic support to your industrial areas. The set was designed with IRM in mind and as such, utilizes matching bases and walls from that of the original releases.
      Package Overview
      This package contains a set of 15 filler lots: 5 for dirty, manufacturing and hi-tech industrial areas. All the lots have props that are highly randomized. Parked trailers and semi cabs will show up in many different sizes and forms and sometimes not even at all.
      Lot stats are designed to match the original IRM fillers as closely as possible. This includes positioning indicators to help you align the lots with respect to other things around it. Every lot is nearly neutral, with negligible amounts of pollution, no power/water consumption and are maintenance free. All lots are $5 to bulldoze and are extremely cheap to plop ($5 for I-D, $6 for I-M, $7 for I-HT).
      The lots are located in the landmarks menu and clumped together with the original filler sets.
      Install Instructions
      Drop the files in your My Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins folder.
      Dependencies
      Use with the Industrial Revolution Mod and the associated filler sets is highly recommended. If you have the dependencies for those sets, you only need the following.
      IdM - Trucking Essentials HD North American 40ft Semi Trailers Vol. 1 HD North American 53ft Semi Trailers Vol. 1 HD North American Semi Truck Cabs Vol. 1 BSC MEGA Props Misc Vol. 2 Standalone users will also need the following.
      Props
      BSC MEGA Props SG Vol. 1 BSC MEGA Props CP Vol. 1 BSC MEGA Props Jestarr Vol. 1 BSC MEGA Props Jestarr Vol. 2 SFBT Essentials Textures
      Railyard and Spur Textures, Mega Pack 1.02 Credit goes to T Wrecks for the original Industrial Revolution Mod, which served as a template for the lot design of this set, and MushyMushy for the trucks which were the driving forces behind the conception of this set.
      Enjoy!
    • By Fantozzi
      Rural Fire Watch

3 Engines with wider radius and lesser cost than the maxis grand fire station. Good coverage.
      Plopcost: $220.
      Monthly cost: ~$80

Fits almost everywhere: lot size 1x2.

The terrible amount of 2 dependencies is needed to make this work:
      Modernizm Pack 6 by fordoniak
      SM2 cell towers by the inimitable and unique Simmer 2
    • By CT14
      Welcome to the development thread for CT14 lots and BAT. Here's a quick list of current releases so you don't have to scroll through the thread to find them all:
      North American Freight Sidings
      Llama Terminal Company
      SABER LA River
      Troy Gasholder Building
      FAB Diagonal Industrials

Lowrider Props
      In-N-Out Lowrider Show
      North American Freight Sidings original first post:
      Inspired by the lack of existing lots representing protypical North American freight railroad sidings, I've created a system of lots that can be used to create eye-candy rail sidings. They are transit-enabled for appearance. I have been encouraged to share my progress in a dedicated thread by helpful feedback in the Show Us Your Railroads general thread, especially from SimCoug, T-Wrecks, raynev1. And the whole thing wouldn't exist without the Jestarr props.

Features:
      18 ploppable lots for different railcar types on double track rail Transit enabled connections to make the lots fit in seamlessly anywhere Three prop families to provide a variety from Jestarr's boxcars, intermodal and general merchandise freight ("Junkers") RRW compatibility Known issues:
      Transparent texture bug as described here http://community.simtropolis.com/forums/topic/42425-transparent-texture-issue/ The lots need custom icons created and added, through Reader as described here: http://www.wiki.sc4devotion.com/index.php?title=Tutorial:Inserting_a_custom_menu_icon_with_the_Ilive_Reader Future development ideas:
      Single Track Rail lots don't match exactly when using textures extracted from the RAM .dat, and I probably need permission to use them separately in any case. So, STR sidings may be a separate release at some point. Four-track lots would be prototypical for large yard trackage, but don't exist in RRW. Custom textures might allow some eye-candy four-track lots in future, this would resemble an updated subset of NCD. Dependencies:
      BSCMegaProps JES Vol01 (v1.0) - http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=342 For RRW, you need the NAM with RRW enabled. Download:
      Please report bugs here. Thanks!
    • By Chief ZDN
      This topic is related to the SimPeg Reborn topic. Although there is no discussion about Pegasus. The opinion from that topic is 'included'.
      Hello everyone,
      We are in the SimCity 4 Dark Age. The activity is decreased. Almost-stuck modding development. And, the competition from C:S. The valuable mod, especially hosted in small site (like Japanese SC fansite), is in almost-compromise condition. Because of this, we want to preserves future mods to other places, for example a mod is uploaded to LEX & STEX. However, this is require much effort, especially for reuploading big mods like NAM (I don't mention illegal reupload, I mention the legal reupload by the author) to other places. Some techniques are used, including uploading to the ModDB (NAM Team already did that). But, for more easier uploading, we need an API. I will show you the information about project, goal of the project, specifications, and challenges.
      Information
      The project name is SimxUpload. That's acronym of SimCity Cross-upload. The goal is to provide easier way to modders to upload their works to all exchanges, like LEX and STEX. The GitHub organization is on https://github.com/simxupload. The repository currently empty because I can't make commit from my Android tablet (Is there an Android app allow me to make a commit? The GitHub web commit tools that's available when creating a file is bad). If you want help me setup the repo, please PM me. The project structure is Leader, Co-leader, Senior Dev, Developer, Senior Volunteers, and Volunteers. The project change is pull-request based. So, everyone (especially seniors) can review the pull-requests.
      Specifications
      We will create some specs for library developer, exchange webmaster, and mod storage webmaster. I don't make it because it's difficult to make specs on my tablet.
      Challenges
      We know that the exchange available space is going running out if we directly upload the mod to the exchange. Because of this, we offer option for modders which can upload to the mod storages like ModDB and even, Amazon S3 (this is suitable for project that have a website). Also, we know that many exchanges like the LEX don't have option to refer the download link to the other link. By this, we will discuss with the webmaster and we will spread the spec more. We also will provide the 'locked' attribute and auto-text that write download link in the description (if you don't want this 'cheaty' feature, reply this topic).
      We know that implementing the API to your site is difficult. To solve this, we will 'hire' developers and we give our spec open-source. Also, we will make libraries to support this action.
      Want to join with us? Just PM me. I will add you to the GitHub. But, make sure you have the GitHub project management knowledge and other knowledge if any depending your position.
      We need logo! If you can create us logo, send it to me. If your logo is good, we will use it and we will like it. The logo must use flat-design (to ensure the legibility) and have 3 versions, full color, single color, and mono-chrome. The logo must reflect our values. The logo must legible in mobile devices.
      If you have question/suggestion, reply this. And, thank you.
      The project is failed due to incorrect time & condition. I forget that modding activity is slowing down. Sorry for inconvenient.