• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Please help us for July   06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aran

Aran's Lots - Support Thread

1 post in this topic

Moderators: If this is in the wrong forum, please move it. Since I don't generally make my own BATs, it didn't make sense to post it in the BAT thread.

This will be the official support thread for my lots, of which there are currently three. When I uploaded my new set to the STEX, I went looking for my old support thread to add a release memo and realized it'd been seven years since I last contributed. Needless to say, the thread is long gone.

Last night I uploaded this to the STEX:

ASFLogo.jpg

ASF-NET-00.jpg

(In case it's not obvious, I tossed Gascooker's tents - among other things - on a few street tiles.)

It can be found I spent an awful lot of time this year looking for detours around the various street fairs/art fairs/summer festivals/farmer's markets that infested appeared on my commuter route once spring hit. So when I got interested in SC4 again, I decided my Sims should have be as cursed lucky as I am to have them in their cities.

ASF is a modular set that consists of three transit-enabled end pieces, nine 1x1, four 1x2, and two 1x3 pieces as well as a 'pre-built' 1x6 and a Bus Stop piece that has the standard white concrete tile base instead of the streets. There are a total of twenty lots available in the base set. Here's a link to the catalogue image included in the ZIP file here so you can have a better look at the lots than what appears in the set logo above: http://sc4.ejmeyer.n...SFCatalogue.jpg It's not directly posted because it's a large image. For my one or two fans that use dial-up: sorry.

So here you go. I have a few ideas for companion or expansion sets to ASF, and will always entertain more. In regards to my other two offerings, support is limited because I no longer have the original files (or a working copy of BAT4MAX, for that matter). I plan to overhaul both and repost new versions but have no idea when. If anyone has questions or suggestions about my stuff, here's the place to ask.

Magneto likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

•  
  • Similar Content

• By CT14
      Welcome to the development thread for CT14 lots and BAT. Here's a quick list of current releases so you don't have to scroll through the thread to find them all:
      North American Freight Sidings
      Llama Terminal Company
      SABER LA River
      Troy Gasholder Building
      FAB Diagonal Industrials
      Lowrider Props
      In-N-Out Lowrider Show
      Old Time Power Plants - jestarr Boilerhouses

---
      North American Freight Sidings original first post:
      Inspired by the lack of existing lots representing protypical North American freight railroad sidings, I've created a system of lots that can be used to create eye-candy rail sidings. They are transit-enabled for appearance. I have been encouraged to share my progress in a dedicated thread by helpful feedback in the Show Us Your Railroads general thread, especially from SimCoug, T-Wrecks, raynev1. And the whole thing wouldn't exist without the Jestarr props.

Features:
      18 ploppable lots for different railcar types on double track rail Transit enabled connections to make the lots fit in seamlessly anywhere Three prop families to provide a variety from Jestarr's boxcars, intermodal and general merchandise freight ("Junkers") RRW compatibility Known issues:
      Transparent texture bug as described here http://community.simtropolis.com/forums/topic/42425-transparent-texture-issue/ The lots need custom icons created and added, through Reader as described here: http://www.wiki.sc4devotion.com/index.php?title=Tutorial:Inserting_a_custom_menu_icon_with_the_Ilive_Reader Future development ideas:
      Single Track Rail lots don't match exactly when using textures extracted from the RAM .dat, and I probably need permission to use them separately in any case. So, STR sidings may be a separate release at some point. Four-track lots would be prototypical for large yard trackage, but don't exist in RRW. Custom textures might allow some eye-candy four-track lots in future, this would resemble an updated subset of NCD. Dependencies:
      BSCMegaProps JES Vol01 (v1.0) - http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=342 For RRW, you need the NAM with RRW enabled. Download:
      Please report bugs here. Thanks!
    • By Konur
      Hello everyone. I'm playing simcity4 with NAM installed. I was able to make 6x6 lot sized HDR zone until i removed an unaffiliated plugin. Now game just puts a street every 4 tiles making my hdr zones made of 4x4 lots. How can i change this to automatically divide every 6 tiles instead of 4, making 6x6 zones as i drag mouse?
      Here in the picture you can see before (right) and after (left) zones. They are both high wealth residential and they are both drawn with a single mouse drag.
      Plugin was demand ordinance btw, putting it back didn't solve the issue.

Thanks in advance

• By DavidDHetzel
      Hi Guys,

I made two Lumberyards for SC4. Something I felt has been missing from the game. I made two, the small Lumberyard called Lowend Lumber and the larger railserved one named Sherwood's Forest Products.
      Lowend Lumber 3x3 I-M Grow/Plop
      DEPENDENCIES
      BSC MEGA PROPS DAE VOL 1
      BSC MEGA PROPS NEWMAN INC VOL 1
      BSC MEGA PROPS NEWMAN INC VOL 2
      BSC MEGA PROPS JES VOL 7
      SHK PARKING PACK
      RDG PROP PACK VOL 1 - (This is a bit more obscure so here's the link)
      Sherwood's Forest Products 8x6 I-M Plop
      DEPENDENCIES
      BSC MEGA PROPS JRJ 02
      BSC MEGA PROPS JES VOL 1
      BSC MEGA PROPS JES VOL 2
      CSX MEGA PROPS VOL 3
      PEG CDK 3 RESOURCE PACK
      PEG SPAM RESOURCE PACK
      PEG RAIL FLEET RESOURCE PACK
      SHK PARKING PACK
      PEG MTP LOGGING RESOURCE
      TEXTURES
      CYCLEDOGG TEXTURE PACK 1 & 2
      RRW TEXTURE PACK 1&2
      SHK TEXTURE PACK

Also Huge thanks to @kingofsimcity for helping me with the PIMX work!

Enjoy!
      David H

EDIT: Found a missing Dependency
    • By pcwhiz24
      Hi, I'm editing the properties like the costs/monthly costs of a building in iLives Reader, but I can't find the properties for Cap Relief anywhere in the exemplars. Is it tied with "Landmark Effect"? I'm trying to edit a building so it provides demand cap relief, etc. 
      Also, how or what property do you change to edit the desirability effects for wealth groups for a building? (like CO$$$, R$$, etc.)  
    • By Trylk255
      Hello Simtropolitans! I'm Sebastian anmd I'm gonna be your narrator for the very unique Stepped cliffs city journal, or more specifically, map and city journal.
      The map will be available (terrain ready to play) once I will have completed this City Journal.
      Here, I wanted to create something unique with a very different story from what we're used to hear/listen to.
      So here I begin with the very first hours of mapping...
      It all began by a simple image in my mind, two cliffs at the edges of the map's bounds, a middly steep valley between 'em. A simple image that took 2hours to make both cliffs... 30 mins after, I was trying to figure out how I could make this map playable, because I don't want a very lot of water in the map.
      Back to the real world where I live at, there is no such similiar thing  around me. All I can see outdoor is the city.