Haljackey

Show Us What You're Working On

4,381 posts in this topic Last Reply

3 minutes ago, RandyE said:

61 years and all that nice detailed city-building and you still haven't turned off the UDI icons? *:lol:

Hehehe - I was thinking removing those for the pictures but I'd forgotten how... *:P

Cape Hartford - Maroon Bay RHW - Rail !

Some pictures of the RHW and rail backbone of Maroon Bay wich will feauture next CJ !

Just before entering Hartford Valley there are ramps in the direction of Hartford Bay Town !

MZj1nD4.jpg

Some height created inbetween the RHW ramps to navigate the RHW bridges over the railway !

kZLPbNt.jpg

Railway furthur allignment of Maroon Bay in direction of Cape Hartford !

9dLVREa.jpg

Watch the little shuttle track for the train to the fishing port of Maroon Bay !

kfL94oW.jpg

Inbetween ramp !

5OJNa8y.jpg

Maroon Town end of highway 53 and little railway junction !

Txi6jCU.jpg

This area will instead of agriculture completly devoted to livestock farming !

Enjoy !

59 minutes ago, korver said:

For those of you who saw my CJ a couple updates back - you might have remembered this scene I was BATing from scratch..

I'm finally done with it (Chouara Tannery - Fez, Morocco) - so the final chapter of my "Tour of Africa" should be coming out soon *:)

Your prolly getting tired of me saying this but... I've been though there once on a tour. Looks A+++++++++++++++++ ... the only thing you cant capture is the smell, oy.

Yo, guys --

I know this is off-topic, but I've got it open in another thread and there has only been one response.  I know a lot of sharp people cruise this thread -- hoping for better response.

Has anybody actually built a working version of the JenxAirports (as opposed to an eye-candy version) ??

And have you been able to determine / verify that it really handles traffic and provides the business boost found in the Maxis airports ??

@RobertLM78

Hello, I loved your city! It has an GTA feeling, don't know why.

You're needing viaducts, especially in the west part of the port. If you use them, there will be no need for the gigantic hills in the port road, and the whole thing will be more nicer to see.

In my personal taste, I would use bigger roads present in the NWM (for example, the little trench between the avenue intersection just before the bridge and the roundabout with RD-6), that would smooth the Vanilla feeling and give your city more character. 

On 8/31/2017 at 8:11 PM, f3cs said:

@RobertLM78

Hello, I loved your city! It has an GTA feeling, don't know why.

Hehehe - thanks!    (I've sure played my fair share of San Andreas *:D )

You're needing viaducts, especially in the west part of the port. If you use them, there will be no need for the gigantic hills in the port road, and the whole thing will be more nicer to see.

I follow you - I will give that a try! 

In my personal taste, I would use bigger roads present in the NWM (for example, the little trench between the avenue intersection just before the bridge and the roundabout with RD-6), that would smooth the Vanilla feeling and give your city more character. 

This part I didn't quite understand, but in the meantime I'll try out placing some viaducts - I've been learning how to use them for sunken railways the past couple days. 

14 minutes ago, Dreadnought said:

@RobertLM78

Actually, guy -- you need to take the PEG LEVELER TOOL in there and lower the terrain height to match the height of the seaport lots.

Just a thought -- 

Hehehe - I have considered using that, and the reason I don't just use that to create a proper coastal plain is that 270 m levelled is perfect height for seawalls.  So it's a compromise - and if I start with that there, I'd have about 6 cities to 'fix' as well as a bunch of civil engineering throughout the rest of the region.   It's a can of worms I think I prefer to leave closed.   *;)

So I made another compromise.   I had trouble trying the road viaduct unfortunately (rail and port are at 250.5 m and 270 m at the top of the hill - basically a 20 m difference).

I believe it works well enough and smooths out the road there adjacent to the port.  Thanks for the pointers @f3cs and @Dreadnought  :)

9 minutes ago, Metacity said:

please pardon the messy signs

No worries - they're handy little things..  Like the UDI mission icons, the signs and labels can be turned off so that they can get out of your way when needed.  

Haljackey    5,956
  • Original Poster
  • On 8/12/2017 at 3:08 AM, Tyberius06 said:

@Haljackey I guess you know about it, but you can make a much smoother turnout (R2-R3 compound Turnouot) for that rail line. Like that one on my picture. Noir City - South Harbour Distri-Sep. 26, 001501182578.png

Asking for some assistance here...

After fidgeting around for 30+ mins I could get this:

mMOmvar.jpg

But it's STR and I don't want that! Just cannot recreate

2xLB9JA.jpg

nojYAW8.jpg

6GIp6Nc.jpg

What am I doing wrong?

Hello @Tyberius06 and @Haljackey

I was silently looking at this on my phone but could not answer till now.

Thanks @Tyberius06 for the tutorial!

I am planning on making flex Pieces for NAM 37 for the RRW so no more complicated patterns will be required. Indeed the whole Real Railway system can move away from Static Puzzle Pieces once NAM 37 comes out.

I do have some good news for NAM 36 however... I have fixed up the INRULs so such a setup will be possible once NAM 36 comes out.

Hope that answers some questions.

-eggman121 (NAM Team Member)

12 hours ago, Haljackey said:

Asking for some assistance here...

After fidgeting around for 30+ mins I could get this:

mMOmvar.jpg

But it's STR and I don't want that! Just cannot recreate

2xLB9JA.jpg

nojYAW8.jpg

6GIp6Nc.jpg

What am I doing wrong?

Wide rail curve as first picture are fine ! Tght will sometimes produce a reverse to the old mod. What I missing another FAR variation ? What if in the second picture there was a FAR switch instead of the alligned one.

image.png.7eee68fda1833393961d5e087845f385.png

First picture add another right single track switch and 45 drg aproach ?

image.png.408c5a0633f44f8913c7a75b926b56a6.png

RRW got a lot of enhancement for more flued  rail junction yet old mod layout may help !

This is your souvenir Simtropolis lamp-post sign, 13x2 lot for fans and colleagues.  I'm working on a Garden, Parking and Llama Reserve, but I think I'll add this to my Quantum Dish file that celebrated the 20K upload to the STEX, it fits in with ST fan-site paraphernalia.   

59b1033cb55fa_MaxisGardensandLamaReserve-Jan.102911504772619.jpg.7253be7f9e28d1809924b6a0ce67fb03.jpg