Haljackey

Show Us What You're Working On

4,392 posts in this topic Last Reply

Haljackey    5,966
  • Original Poster
  • 18 hours ago, kschmidt said:

RHW over rail, must be quit a steep RHW hill rail haveeven  to cross underneath it. Height figures suggest there´s enough heght available for a rail bridge construction !

Merged comments by matias93. Please remember not to double post nor quote images unless strictly needed.

It's a L0-L2 RHW transition on a incline, so yes steeper than your average overpass.

However putting the rail over the RHW isn't an option. The terrain gets quite hilly to the north and the highway needs that 15m elevation boost to navigate it.

nCnT0KH.jpg

The route started out as a RHW-2. Later twinned due to traffic, and recently widened and grade-separated, again due to traffic.

@Fantozzi: If only we had a prop of Rodin's Penseur sculpture for the philosophical facility!

@f3cs: That looks absolutely fantastic! Only the trees look a bit obviously like "click and drag" around the edges. Maybe the effect will become less noticeable as soon as you add some trees in the middle, too. (I guess thinning out trees around the edges is difficult because you'd risk damaging that interesection)

3 hours ago, T Wrecks said:

@f3cs: That looks absolutely fantastic! Only the trees look a bit obviously like "click and drag" around the edges. Maybe the effect will become less noticeable as soon as you add some trees in the middle, too. (I guess thinning out trees around the edges is difficult because you'd risk damaging that interesection)

I got that it was the idea, to plant the trees parallel to the highway in replacement of a sound barrier, but maybe I'm overinterpretating...

Hartford Valley Int Terminal C - D & !

Progress on Terminal C -D in full swing !

lmt8ueL.jpg

In front of the main terminal there´s a shorttime parking area for planes ready to be used !

0GHejqt.jpg

Central taxiways, aprons and ramps about finished !

k2ruxrq.jpg

Bureau of invastigation and drugs squad close by !

lzJGn6l.jpg

Enjoy !

4 hours ago, Tyberius06 said:

when can we play with those?

Ah, sorry. I didn't plan that ... used many dependencies in an inefficient way. I love this thread for giving so many idears what you can do with the content, for the inspiration it offers.

The house of philosophy to me it's a little bit overloaded with colours. I may reduce that. The initial idear was to create a big maze with the hedge props (D66) - so you have to make it through the maze until you arrive at the front door. The end result doesn't show much of the more funny concept it was first.

Well, one could pick up the idear and relot it a similar way. It's not that difficult. I always thought we should have relotting competitions - different interpretations of a single bat. Once you have an idear it's quickly done. To me it was some hours because I had to elaborate the idear, changing props moving them around, rearange them. But once this is done - to redo the idear, at least to me, it doesn't seem much work.

So what's about taking the picture like some blueprint and lot it with your own dependencies instead me giving you a long list of dependencies you may need only for this single lot? 

Hartford Valley Int Terminal D completed !

Next CJ will be on the Hartford Valley Int Airport, it´s history and development !

Front Side gates and the Terminal C - D enclosed gates !

bSWtQ1J.jpg

Renovated Terminal D Extension !

Ocq1n4F.jpg

Overview of Terminal C - D

KwSKy6r.jpg

rcyMxFO.jpg

Terminal D detailed corner section !

mgeWH3X.jpg

Eastern part of the airport area !

qEhI2zu.jpg

Lot´s of pavement to cover !

Enjoy !

Looks great. Why not add an elevated train station right before the bridge, in the industrial zone? And perhaps another tram stop next to the big factory, with a set of stairs going up the wall?

Yo, guys --

Has anybody tried to use the JENX Airports ??

I can't get the Dulles or JFK terminals to show up in the menu -- and I've got "the dreaded brown boxes" all over lots that were listed as having no dependencies !!

I'm drowning here !!

Rather than litter this thread -- send me a message if you have any suggestions.  PLEASE !!

(If I can't get this thing figured out -- I'm gonna drop a Maxis airport, build pretty hotels around it, and pronounce it GRAND !)

1 hour ago, Dreadnought said:

Yo, guys --

Has anybody tried to use the JENX Airports ??

I can't get the Dulles or JFK terminals to show up in the menu -- and I've got "the dreaded brown boxes" all over lots that were listed as having no dependencies !!

I'm drowning here !!

Rather than litter this thread -- send me a message if you have any suggestions.  PLEASE !!

(If I can't get this thing figured out -- I'm gonna drop a Maxis airport, build pretty hotels around it, and pronounce it GRAND !)

You're not alone. I have the same problem. Went through everything and couldn't solve the brown boxes problem so I finally after two weeks of trying I gave up. If you figure it out let me know.

1 hour ago, robdragon said:

You're not alone. I have the same problem. Went through everything and couldn't solve the brown boxes problem so I finally after two weeks of trying I gave up. If you figure it out let me know.

As with harbours one have to be patient ! RMIP -2 for taxiways, all AC Megaprops and >Reginal Airports v 1.0 you got the basics !

Bripizza RMIP -2 compatibel wide runway !

http://www.bripizza.net/sc4/index.html

Planes and special airport stuctures come next , customizing try sets ff there Ok keep them, oterwise try some other !

Real big JFK  one´s are yet to be created by any one, read any very carefull, special SWAP 2.3, some are covered so don´t install obsolete one´s !

@korver

OMG -- this is good.  REALLY good.

The wind driven sand -- the shoreline vegetation -- the random jumble of the huts -- even the raggedy clothes on the wash line.

I could look at this for hours and never see all of it....

*:thumb:  *:thumb:  *:thumb:  *:thumb:  *:thumb:

22 hours ago, robdragon said:

I have good news -- and bad news.

After nearly two days digging and sorting, I solved both problems. (Well, one of them, anyway.)

@Tyberius06  provided a portion of a discussion thread that covered the Dulles and JFK departure terminals.  Inside the "Sc4 Functional Airports 2.2" folder, you locate the "Sc4_Functional_Airports_V2.2.dat" file.  You change it to "00_Sc4_Functional_Airports_V2.2.dat".  The authors renamed the file during the upgrade from the 1.0 versions to the 2.2 version.  That broke the loading order and prevented the enabler files for the terminals from loading.  The change now loads the dat file first, thereby accessing the enabler files in the proper order.  I now have the terminals.  THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH Tyberius06 !!

More good news -- I eliminated ALL but one "brown box".  The defective lot is a 1x1 in the Modular Parking Garage download.  Apparently it is an elevated pedestrian bridge designed to allow you to link the upper decks of more than one garage.  Opening it in EDITOR, I was unable to see any sort of structure on the lot, just four cars suspended in mid air.  My guess is that someone left a vital prop or building piece out of the package.   Unfortunately, I see no way to correct the problem.  Fortunately -- this is not vital to the visual integrity of the garage, so you just live without it.

THE BAD NEWS, @robdragon, is what took me two days to work out.  There is no complete listing of dependencies for the JENX Airport systems anywhere -- hence, the usual plague of "brown boxes".  I Found ALL of them by going through each and every download for the airport system, reading all the notes and "readme" files, and sorting through the somewhat convoluted explanations.  The dependency information is all there, but you have to sift through it carefully not to miss anything.  And the even better news is that the dependencies are STILL CURRENT.  My suggestion is that you start by downloading and installing the VIP Car Packs 01, 02, and 03.  That will clear up a lot of "brown boxes" first thing.