Haljackey

Show Us What You're Working On

4,254 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Callesson said:

Hello guys! Currently i'm working on an amusement parkt in the city of Gustavsborg. Gustavsborg are inspired by the beautiful city of Gothenburg (yes i'm from Sweden) and i'm hoping to build as much I can and show you a lot of photos in the future. Please tell me what you think of my work so far! :)

-Mod edit; Removed duplicate pictures

Very nice themepark indeed, visited Lisseberg some 30 years ago during a scandinavia travel, well done !

8 minutes ago, kschmidt said:

Very nice themepark indeed, visited Lisseberg some 30 years ago during a scandinavia travel, well done !

Okey nice! Liseberg is a very fun themepark. They got some fun coasters there nowdays. But i have not decide yet wich name this park will have :)

@Tyberius06Well, your airport ended up looking a hell of a lot better than mine. *:lol:

It looks like you're planning to make a big city in the area though, what with all the high capacity roads going here and there and everywhere. You may want to make a bigger, out of town international airport when traffic becomes too heavy for the one you have now, but I think it was a good idea to start small, just like I did. I hope everything continues to look this great as you go on!

2 hours ago, Thin White Duke said:

@Tyberius06Well, your airport ended up looking a hell of a lot better than mine. *:lol:

Well practice makes perfect. Building a realistic looking airport is always a challenge to everyone, from the massive list of dependencies to single tile pieces. The airport I built in the previous submission took lots of preparation and hours of research. The result does speak for itself.

@Tyberius06Ah yes moar rails! Also what a huge difference between the before and after pictures!

Well, that's strange, because for me they're loading, but your example picture isn't, which is not that strange, because somehow my chrome is always blocking the Imgur contents, so I need to do some extra clicking and so, to see those pictures...

Pictures error.jpg

On 4.8.2017 at 0:05 AM, Tyberius06 said:

@younghappy Well that's quite nice lotting, as I see you reused a few textures from @Simmer2rail lots, nice to see those! :) I wouldn't mind if you'll share this lot with the community ;):) 

@Thin White Duke: I had very easy job with that (in the first round), with the linked upload I got 8 pieces and a picture guide how to put together that stuff and that's all. No challenge, no real creativity on my end. And yes, I'm planing to build a much bigger international-ish kind of airport somewhere else in the future...

During the last couple of days I finished Noir City - South Harbour's highway network around the mentioned and showed airport. Last week I showed a part of the highway network, now show the other part. The city leadership changed the landscape of South Harbour with full up the harbour area, placing an airport and designated the whole area for future industrial use. With these developments along the edge of the South End Hills it was built the Southern Highway Ring and its intersections with the innercity expressways.

South Harbour highway network

Little extra: due to the airport development and to finishing soon North Harbour District I started to expand the seaport/seaside area this time less industrial.

Bonus: Before and after region (traffic) view about the Airport and Southern Highway Ring: 

Before:

After:

- Tyberius

Very nice infrastructual work ! Some concern with the airport oriantation; southside big hill -north side rocky aproach terrain; probably turning it into a west-east  oriantation short distance to the east of the current locations would give it the perfect aproaches and more expansion space, well done !

MGWnLKa.jpg

Mod edit: removed duplicate pictures

26 minutes ago, kschmidt said:

Some concern with the airport oriantation; southside big hill -north side rocky aproach terrain; probably turning it into a west-east  oriantation short distance to the east of the current locations would give it the perfect aproaches and more expansion space,

Thanks!

Yepp, there was a plan, something similiar what you're suggesting, but I left like this first because I won't expand this airport, second I kind of like the extreme and probably dangerous orientation. That field will be a huge industrial area. In the original plans, there was nothing just water, but I wanted a North-South "connection" between the Southern Higway Ring and the Innercity Highway, so due to game limitation I had to expand the land, and during this I decided to replan the whole area for a massive industrial purpose. And later came the idea of the airport...

- Tyberius

Yo, Guys --

I know this is a bit "off topic" -- but I posted to the "Bat Request" thread and noted that the last post was about a month ago.

And this may be a "dumb" question, but I'm going to ask anyway -- and since this is where a lot of "batters" look in -- this must be the place.  It should be obvious from my question that I know little to nothing of the skills required for "batting".

Is it possible to take the model file (building) from an existing lot and resize it?  Say -- enlarge it by 30% - 40% - or 50% ??

I ask because there is a fine building model that is crying to be used -- but it is not in scale with the associated props or filler lots that could be used with it.

2 hours ago, metasmurf said:

Yo, guy --

Thanx, anyhow -- but the considered (and majority) opinion is that it would be possible in "Tweaker" -- but the textures would be more or less ruined in the process. 

Not much point in scaling-up to look right -- if the textures will look bad.  Maybe I can use a combination of different levels and a given perspective to create an optical illusion that will look better.

But I do appreciate the thought. 

Hartford Valley Int Terminal B under construction !

Hartford Valley International Airport will be a huge job to complete ! Spider claw like four wings will be constructed. Terminal A and D are a continuation of the main terminal. Terminal B and C spread their wings out into the airport pasture. In between Terminal B, the main terminal and Terminal C a subway line is provided !

BYtaRWH.jpg

Terminal B

YtYSZFT.jpg

JvT9Fn1.jpg

Enjoy !

17 minutes ago, Dreadnought said:

Yo, guys --

Just a quick question ---

Does "NAM 32" have a roundabout feature for ROADS ??  (If it does -- where do I find it?)

Just draw the road network in a circle *;)

It is a small roundabout and has existed since the early era of the NAM

-eggman121 (NAM Team member)