Haljackey

Show Us What You're Working On

4,254 posts in this topic

On 5.7.2017 at 2:20 AM, Thin White Duke said:

A massive reconstruction of central Monroe, which I hope ends up being worthwhile.

And a low res gif to make it easier to compare. *:D

I wonder how many SimNewsNetwork hit pieces and Sim-Court lawsuits you had to endure in bringing a project like this to completion..
Amazing work! I don't think I could have done anything like this!

@airman15 Thank you! I actually haven't been sued once. I paused the game beforehand, so no one really knows what happened. The president has more paperwork to do with this one than me, because cities changing shape in a heartbeat doesn't happen a lot, and this instance has received international attention because of it. The conspiracy theories, on the other hand...

Thanks for the likes and kind words, everyone!

2 hours ago, DavidDHetzel said:

@Bipin what is that round yellow building next to the Aldi?

I don't recall the exact building, I believe it was called "VIP" or something. In any case, it was made by mattb325 if I recall correctly, who also made the Aldi building.

@Tyberius06 it is, it's completely wonderful! It's like you have read my mind and done most of my projects for a city. The level of detail, the evident dedication, the smart solutions to bring high capacity networks to an European styled city. 

I can assure you, there is a moral duty to make a city journal of this. 

On 13.7.2017 at 5:55 PM, Dreadnought said:

WORK IN PROGRESS --

THE JADE BIGHT II

WILHELMSHAVEN WEST:

(Click to make bigger.)

Yo, guys --

Just a couple of quick pics -- "Real Life" rears its' ugly head, today.

This is sort of the main traffic hub of Wilhelmshaven West -- the "Siegessaule Platz".  Fully 73% of all cross-town traffic passes through this junction.  To the north extends Lakeshore Drive, the Pont Alexandre III bridge to the west side of the city, the Friedrich III Strasse and the cultural sections to the south, the Berlinerstrasse to the east side business districts, and the avenue extending to the northeast links with the Victoria Heights and the uptown financial districts.

And -- a couple of closer shots showing some detail and the alignment of the approaching avenues to the central monument.  More detailed views to follow when I have a bit more time.

Where can I get that plaza from?

Mod Edit: Please refrain from quoting an entire post when asking about something. (You can use your mouse to highlight the relevant part and click the Quote This that pops up.)

1 hour ago, Evanjs said:

Where can I get that plaza from?

Yo, guy --

I'm afraid I have bad news for you -- it's not that easy.

I appreciate the compliment -- but it's all just pieced together from other stuff.  The plaza is made up of Paeng's Monument Path Park tiles, Paeng's diagonal parking pieces, Debussyman's Siegesalle Victory Monument, my custom made paver tiles, my custom made tree filler lots, and my custom made wildflower lots.  I forget who originally made the two statues, or the two fountains, but I re-lotted them to sit in the middle of two tiles, added people, and lighting, and even the pigeons flying around.

But -- I am really pleased that you liked it enough to want one of your own.  Thank you --

Some years ago, I've been playing on a large version of Timbuktu, the game's default region (49 large city tiles). While terraforming, I coincidentally created a lake with a shape resembling a squirrel. I gave up the region, but 6 months ago, I decided to play on this map again by starting from scratch. I didn't want to forfeit on my squirrel-like lake, so I had to create it again. Took me 5 hours, but, oh well, it was worth it (at least I hope so...). Both pictures have been rescaled manually to keep filesize low.

Old version of "Maxiland":

tkl44ehb.jpg

New version of "Maxiland":

jvfnr2us.jpg

On 7/14/2017 at 4:35 PM, 11241036 said:

Some years ago, I've been playing on a large version of Timbuktu, the game's default region (49 large city tiles). While terraforming, I coincidentally created a lake with a shape resembling a squirrel. I gave up the region, but 6 months ago, I decided to play on this map again by starting from scratch. I didn't want to forfeit on my squirrel-like lake, so I had to create it again. Took me 5 hours, but, oh well, it was worth it (at least I hope so...). Both pictures have been rescaled manually to keep filesize low.

Is this Map for download? 

Mod Edit: Please refrain from quoting an entire post when asking about something. (You can use your mouse to highlight the relevant part and click the Quote This that pops up.)

...Work in Progress...

So I've decided to build a new city in Northwestern Washington on Puget Sound.

The new city is known as Raccoon City, Washington. I'm still working on a backstory so I can start a city journal later.

I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to do with the CBD/Downtown area.

So I present to you the first pic showing a major interchange in the city that leads to downtown Raccoon City.

Raccoon City-Sep. 11, 001500103056.png