• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Please help us for July   06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
Haljackey

Show Us What You're Working On

4,172 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, kim026 said:

@kschmidt maybe you could finish the aircraft parking area with ramps instead of jetbridges gates. In such a small airport the terminal buoilding could be a small 1 or 2 floor structure with buses available to bring passengers to the gates via tarmac roads. I don't know if you have remote ramps aircraft parking...? But that would be realistic. I say this because before I was a simcitier I was a Flightsimmer. 

Probably, but this airport is beyond that early historic state. DC 6/7/8 are long gone and the runway has been extended to accomodate these newer jets !

kim026 likes this

Jet bridges have nothing to do with the year, and everything to do with cost. Pop down to Rotterdam airport and you'll see it in action.

kim026 likes this

@_Michael thought i should spruce up this interchange which was, in its previous form, way too big. I have done so, and i like the concept of the avenue connecting to the rhw in an interesting way but i basically hate the interchange. Does anyone have any suggestions on a redesign?

All ideas welcome but i would like to avoid demolishing the buildings if possible

UgFs83E.png

raynev1, feyss, mrsmartman and 2 others like this

10 minutes ago, MissVanleider said:

@_Michael thought i should spruce up this interchange which was, in its previous form, way too big. I have done so, and i like the concept of the avenue connecting to the rhw in an interesting way but i basically hate the interchange. Does anyone have any suggestions on a redesign?

All ideas welcome but i would like to avoid demolishing the buildings if possible

UgFs83E.png

My suggestion would be this:

gAXkDf6.png

Turn the left side into a parclo - might need a little more space then, I've drawn it as. Why? Cause I think it would look cool :P

And as for the other side, I'd use a RHW2 E split, then use the 45 flexcurve, rather than the D split and the 90 - it would just look a little moire compact.

Another small thing to consider would be any acceleration/deceleration lanes.

As for the Avenue connection - I love the idea!

I would go for an even simpler option:

cVh9QWU.jpg

As the avenue should concentrate the most traffic, it is only logical to use it as the crossing network with the highway, to avoid bottlenecks. This configuration also preserves the most right-of-way for other development, without demanding too close curves.

37 minutes ago, pclark06 said:

this is an all-too-early test of this building in-game but it's somewhere at least. LODs suck so they need to be fixed along with needing some interior design and windows. oh and that hanging wall in the back lol that will be fixed

Glad to see some more retail BATs being made! If you ever need or would like any help with lotting let me know. I'd be willing to lend a hand.

18 hours ago, MissVanleider said:

UgFs83E.png

Why do you want to have the Avenue connect to the RHW? Seems pretty superfluous to do so. 

I'd say simplify it instead or go with something similar to @Socold's idea

MissV.jpg

feyss, MissVanleider and mrsmartman like this

On 12/06/2017 at 8:29 PM, f3cs said:

I'm creating a demand graphic based in the Line 1 of the subway in Bellingham

Public transit allmost always lose to road traffic. American SC4 to European SC4 might differ little. Subway organc aproach lay lines wher to expect lots of traffic. Sometimes sims make reasonable travels, Rail as well. Underground more rewarding than EL or Monorail Subway ? Buses as well scatered do work as well only on short distance !

f3cs likes this

On 12/06/2017 at 4:27 AM, Haljackey said:

Building a new bridge in a old city

Little interchange and or ramps required to link those citiies well to this new bridge at the eas side !

On 12/06/2017 at 2:07 PM, simmytu said:

Just finished my first airport. I would like to thank @kelistmac for his advice! :thumb:

Nice layout of traffic lining in between taxiways and aprons, well done !

robdragon and simmytu like this

I'm using data given by SimCity 4 simulator. This is a already built line, the first one.

The Graphics help me to change things and to see if I need changes in the line.The main purpose is to understand why am I having 120000 vehicles in the morning peak in my expressway around the city center and just 53000 people in the city only subway going to the CBD. I discovered that people use the central railway station as a parking lot and use the station to get to the CBD (you can see the peak in Central Station). Apparently I'm having a problem with the Suburban rail too, not enough people are using it to get to the city center, or are landing in the Inner center. The fact is that I'm not having enough use from the central station.

On 11/06/2017 at 10:19 PM, Haljackey said:

Simplicity first. Once you've got a core concept, feel free to expand on it!

Railstation hasn´t seen that before yet, sorty it only used at one side, obviously a relot of somekine ? Bus terminal bit large somekind of inbetween models wood be nice, customized for Greyhound, Stage Coach, USA bus charer, well done !

Simmer2 likes this

@Simmer2 thats absolutely awesome!

Since you're still at the WIP stage can i just say that it would be even better if your pieces could be combined with http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3020 the gates from this set. Whilst not strictly like for like the ability to combine the two would add the possibility of much more variety to our olde worlde cities

Simmer2 likes this

@Simmer2

Nice wall project! It something different again! ☺

Are those cannons separate props or part of the BAT? Can they be separate props? 

- Tyberius

Simmer2 likes this