Haljackey

Show Us What You're Working On

4,254 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, EvansRE4 said:

...Work In Progress...

Finally after 5 days of searching and downloading I have finished the CBD of Beacon Hills, California...I can now begin work on the sprawling suburbs surrounding the downtown core.

[PIC]

You know, what I like most about that downtown is your preference for realistic no-frills buildings, a relatively coherent style, and a good building height distribution, with mid-rise forming the biggest part, moderate highrises and only one ot two supertalls.

7 hours ago, T Wrecks said:

You know, what I like most about that downtown is your preference for realistic no-frills buildings, a relatively coherent style, and a good building height distribution, with mid-rise forming the biggest part, moderate highrises and only one ot two supertalls.

Thank you @T Wrecks eventhough I say it's done I'll still probably do some tweaking 

8 hours ago, rsc204 said:

It's like it was made to fit my IndustrieSAM textures, they just go perfectly.

Wow, I agree. If you would make the street straight, not ending at the parking lot and transit enabled the whole way (connecting south and north of the lot to road) - it wouldn't work the way automata running below the building, I think? 

12 hours ago, Fantozzi said:

Wow, I agree. If you would make the street straight, not ending at the parking lot and transit enabled the whole way (connecting south and north of the lot to road) - it wouldn't work the way automata running below the building, I think? 

Usually this is all down to the LODs. If you can get a prop under that segment (which works), automata should go too. That said, I didn't TE the lot, it's not something I'm particularly fond of. It's a fake TE connection using the RHW Disconnecter trick.

So guys my computer completly stopped working so now I have to go buy a new one. Meaning I have to rebuild the portion of Beacon Hills starting over from scratch. :(

On 5/24/2017 at 5:43 PM, Dreadnought said:

Yo, Guys and Gals --

I AM IN NEED OF OPINIONS AND SUGGESTIONS --

Here are three pictures of a small stretch of shoreline landscaping.  I'm trying out a new style -- going for that "rocky" look on this part. 

Let me know what you think -- PLEASE!

Honestly, it looks quite good as it is. You might want to put in some logs that washed up; there are mods that include that as a feature if you don't already have that.

@mattb325 strikes again!

On 02/06/2017 at 4:18 AM, EvansRE4 said:

So guys my computer completly stopped working so now I have to go buy a new one. Meaning I have to rebuild the portion of Beacon Hills starting over from scratch. :(

If the hard drive is not the source of the problem, you can simply recover the data from it!

15 hours ago, mattb325 said:

Fiddly, thy name is:

What an amazing reaction. One of my favourite buildings in architectural terms from one of my favourite parts of London. :P 

WORK IN PROGRESS --

THE JADE BIGHT II

WILHELMSHAVEN WEST:

(Click to make bigger.)

Yo, guys --

A few more shots -- nothing flashy.  The heat is becoming oppressive, here, and my productivity suffers.

Just across the avenue from the High Tech Business Park, we find the Kong Financial Group perched along the southern arm of the BodenSee.  This is an improvised office park using a lot of "off the shelf" lots -- Paeng's pocket plazas, BSC park paths, parking fillers, and an MMP marshy pond to kind of link with the one over in the HT zone.

Qwq6LvE.jpg

Just a few yards south, the Bismarckstrasse and the western rail line cross the South BodenSee.  Some Mas71 retaining walls for the avenue, and lots of MMP work for the rail trestle -- and some shoreline landscaping.

Uo5RYid.jpg

Just a couple of minutes drive to the northeast, we have a nice little business district serving some rather high density neighborhoods nearby.

BrinGup.jpg

jiNfwB1.jpg

This is the first city tile where I got serious about experimenting with pedmalls.  Here you see some street-side diagonal parking with a row of pedmalls in front of the buildings.  And I used pedmalls to make "cut-throughs" between the building blocks.  To my surprise -- they actually use them!  I had an odd shape left over, so I made a small plaza with fountains composed of fillers and MMP work.  And -- let's not forget the ubiquitous "Mickey D's" on the corner -- conveniently right behind a school!

EvMb5tB.jpg

BYHGEpU.jpg

7 minutes ago, Dreadnought said:

BRAVO !!

Shopping in London ALWAYS included stops at Harrods and Selfridges.  I'm going to enjoy this lot !!

Can we say Lotgasm!

The main rail in game is DTR or Double Track Rail, where trains have dedicated lines for each direction. STR means Single Track Rail, where only one rail exists. Look in the rail menu and you should find STR puzzle pieces (assuming you've installed them). Using them you can transition from DTR to STR for use with the bridge. Otherwise you end up with two rails just becoming one from out of nowhere, which looks odd.

1 hour ago, DavidDHetzel said:

you wouldn't happen to know if a vanilla double track version of that bridge exists?

My guess would be no, since most bridges are made specifically for STR. The width differences of the track bed would not make it as simple as reusing the existing model for both.

You can make DTR Bridge an STR bridge but not the other way around. This was done to the Malmsbury Viaduct (oddly enough) on the Bendigo Railway line that was built to dual track in the 1850's but was stripped to one track to save money on the Regional Fast Rail project.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-37.1911259,144.3800848,299m/data=!3m1!1e3

As such. With the way bridges are modeled now. You could employ these principles too some NAM Bridges.

Back to the issue. the only solution would be to make two of the same bridge and use STR pieces to make two STRs work as a DTR.

The Maxis rail has capacity for such a transition but the RRW has a dedicated dual DTR piece that can be made.

On a side note. The NAM team is doing everything its power to make the RRW a more desirable option since it has more realistic characteristics. This includes Automated re-texturing and various LOT supports with alot of contributors. More will become apparent as time goes on.

Of course you can use maxis rail. I am just putting the statement out there. *;)

-eggman121 (NAM Team Member)