• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Need your donations for May & June!   05/01/2017

We need your support to help keep Simtropolis online. We also need a little bit more this month to enhance the new chat with some features, such as mobile support! Please consider a donation today if you can help out, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

About our affiliation with GOG.com   05/23/2017

Simtropolis is now an affiliate of GOG.com! When you use one of our affiliate links to GOG.com, all it means is that Simtropolis has a chance to earn a small commission from any purchases you might make. So if you see something that tickles your fancy, please use our affiliate links and by doing so, you'll help support Simtropolis! Thanks!
Haljackey

Show Us What You're Working On

3,892 posts in this topic

Yup, it should be enough to give the LOD the shape of an inverted U:

|  |            |  |
|  |            |  |
---------------------

MushyMushy and Simmer2 like this

@MushyMushy and @T Wrecks Its a bit more complicated than just doing a custom LOD. The issue is in the inside and not the outside. The LOD is already super tight.

In the inside of the LOD there is the carriage gripper and cables hanging, which are  in the way. The final lot will have the proper props under the gantry cranes with no visible clipping.

Ultimately I could render everything under the crane in one go, thus eliminating the whole debate.

Simmer2

MushyMushy likes this

On 5/8/2017 at 8:01 PM, Haljackey said:

YvjX5Eo.jpg

Yo, guy --

Where do I find the round Pink and tan residential towers ??  Been seeing a lot of them -- thought I might give 'em a try.

kschmidt likes this

10 hours ago, Simmer2 said:

Ultimately I could render everything under the crane in one go, thus eliminating the whole debate.

Jim's rail station and props spring to mind as the number one reason why you should avoid that solution if at all possible.

Dreadnought and MushyMushy like this

@Tyberius06 Wow, those docks are really amazing, nice work you have done there:thumb:

Is that VW plant based on a real building? I really loved it.

About my prop pack, I really want to relase it now, it's almost done, but I still need to work on some minor details. I expect to relase it, if everything's going right, by the end of the next month, maybe. *:???:

Meanwhile, a little bit of what I've been working on:

mrsmartman, raynev1, Silur and 3 others like this

WORK IN PROGRESS --

THE JADE BIGHT II

WILHELMSHAVEN WEST:

(Click to make bigger.)

Yo, guys --

Following up on the "culture" theme -- just across the avenue from Cathedral Square, we have the "Campanile Square".  The area has a mix of medium wealth residential to the north and west, with the train station to the south, and a large low wealth residential on the extreme south end of town.  Here and there you will see some business offices sandwiched amongst the locals.

27ZZNTV.jpg

2VlBbBx.jpg

This is Rhinelander Circle and the South Central train station, with the "Super Chief" just pulling in with a load of evening commuters -- and a suspicious Police chopper hanging about.  (Sorry about the "toolbar" thingie -- missed that.)

WWRmyk5.jpg

CQ6eTIF.jpg

In this close-up of the square, you will see the Vienna Music Association Hall, where all the best Classical concerts are held -- as well as the City Opera House, and the Main Library.  If you take a few moments to stroll along the finely landscaped paths, you can stop at the Campanile Cafe, or view the many monuments and statues.  But -- I see a crowd gathering outside the Opera House -- you might want to join them.  I understand "Die Meistersinger von Nurnberg" is tonight's offering.

N3eDpBu.jpg

ISE7heH.jpg

raynev1, nos.17, CT14 and 5 others like this

Wow, that's a bold move, as those buildings doesn't look like being of the most seaport-friendly kind. Maybe you'll need to make something to wealthify the ports...

IDS2 likes this

@matias93It doesn't seem right now, but there will be a little separator line (bushes and trees, some green area) between the actual waterfront and the I-Ht buildings, and there will be more green between the buildings anyway. @Simmer2 has similiar concerns about this lot, which is totally understandable, but I'm about to make more I-Ht waterfront lots and the set gets new transition and end lots as well, so eventually everybody can build "clean" seaports far away from the actual dirty stuffs. When i've showcased pictures about my cities the very first time (about a half a year ago), I mentioned that my end goal never will be the total realism, and with some limitation it's true for my lotting as well. Maybe it's not ultra-realistic to put high tech stuff on the waterfront, I don't know, but not necessarily has to put this lot next to a dirty industry factory. I'm planing to build a city in my region, where at the end I tend to grow and/or plop mostly I-Ht buildings, and in that case an I-Ht seaport could be quite usefull.

You've set yourself quite a challenge! Although it's not without real-life comparisons: the Pedriana building is based on the Voestalpine Stahl Service Center in Linz, Austria, and it straddles rail, road and seaport functions.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/voestalpine+Steel+%26+Service+Center+GmbH/@48.3142951,14.3116501,629m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x4773982264414145:0xdebae7633bdfe6ea!8m2!3d48.3149599!4d14.3113574

It is the L shape building at the top of the screen: they don't have GSV there, but someone has set up the 360 camera, so you can get a feel for the layout.

austr.JPG

Its look great - except in that long line of cars I think some need to be scruffed up and/or graffitied.

Great work higlighted in a great scene *:D I love this kind of lonely atmosphere

Simmer2 likes this

On 2017-05-10 at 7:49 PM, Haljackey said:

Wow, looks really complex!

Protecting a corridor for possible future expansion

oCIjfsa.jpg

Final design

py1Yq1D.jpg

Zoom out of area getting pampered for growth

56hf0t2.jpg

raynev1, AsimPika3172, CT14 and 1 other like this