• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

We're close! Please help us reach our April & May goals!   04/28/2017

We're getting close with our April goal - please help us over the final bump! Your donations not only help keep the site up and running, but also allows us to expand some functionality and upgrade other features of the site periodically to stay current! We're looking for some community support to help us get a new Chat system (as you know our old Chat is no longer supported by IP.Board). A new system promises to give us many more options and all for fairly little cost, relatively speaking. Please help us reach our April goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
Haljackey

Show Us What You're Working On

3,740 posts in this topic

Usually post on sc4dev, but decided to post this here. Rebuilding a region when I decided to add expand the 5x5 large tile region to 7x5 - with the extra 10 all on one side. 4 are for the airport (to accomadate 4km long runways), one third-ish of 3 for low density res, and the rest just empty with RHW, and 2 rail lines running through them. I did however have to create new coast line, and I'm doing it the hard way: tracing out the new coast by hand one road tile at a time... and 512 road tiles later I got it traced out:

moberlybaytrace.jpg

Now the fun (hard part)... terraforming it.

MeMyself&I, raynev1 and nos.17 like this

@T Wrecks is like me, we both have diesel fuel running in our veins...

I think  for the sake of the other members that posts in this tread I will take the container discussion over to my thread. Its not fair to clutter @Haljackey's thread with other than showcase pics illustrating what you are working on. I will still post some pics here but debates, suggestions, requests and diatribes should be made on my thread here at ST.

I just posted a re-cap here

19 hours ago, MissVanleider said:

but i would love to see that texture from the plazas used with @rsc204's Custom Sidewalks. I dont know why but i think it might be one of the NDEX ones for some reason, although my recent speculation record is very poor...

I did mess with some of the NDEX textures, so they are similar, although the ones you see are totally custom. The intension is to release them as a Sidewalk Mod with SWN, but I should probably offer them as LE textures at some point too.

Dreadnought likes this

Nice containers DavidDHetzel! Here another containers in my country Malaysia!

kontena-stok.jpg

For the lorry are named Kontena Nasional (National Container)!

lorry.jpg

I hope Simmer2 add this into games soon! :D

Fantozzi and Simmer2 like this

@MissVanleider Looking lovely - love all the train infrastructure and pylons

Spoiler

I didn't know Diagonal RHW on-slopes were a thing yet (Bottom right) :P

f3cs likes this

@_Michael They aren't (at least not yet) i had to do a cheating technique. There is a tutorial at sc4d i followed. You need the Diagonal bridge enabler and enough of a gap to make everything stable, then you plop rhw fillers (one ground level, one elevated) on the half tile transition between the two.

32 minutes ago, matias93 said:

Non-relevant question: how are those trees able to live there!? Your refinery has to have very strict counter-pollution measures!

There are ... there are ... they plant every three months the exact same trees anew - just to show to visitors how harmless their business is for real.

16d02705_BASF_dpa.jpg

90031034.jpg

Immortal or not ? Anything else ? !

This I encountered to lots wich where not removable by buldozer ! Where these lots indeed immortal or ? First a growable nice park lot behind the Opera house !

BR%2019_zps35zcp0oh.jpg

Redevelopement for some commercial parking and green side pedmall blocked, nothing no clouds of thunder !

Time to use RJ Immortality killer !

BR%2025_zps4jtc2xxs.jpg

Buldozing all lots, job done ! Wich growable lot this belonged to is unclear ?

BR%2026_zpsknyvnivk.jpg

Second case:

Clear case of overhanging lots or not ? SFTB Swiss station have been cramped on this site earlier. Somehow the road got connected through the station area. Rearranging the site furthur down the line, just buldozing it !

BR%2021_zpsj5lbcefd.jpg

BR%2023_zpsjd3dypoi.jpg

As you can see this isn´t as the lot supposed to be ! Again Immortality killer added and the lot buldozed seemles ! Thank you R.J.!

Reseach showed if no road placed so close the BAT it will be simply buldozed, mortal afther all !

BR%2024_zps840krurn.jpg

Reploped lot in all it´s glory !

We are now very happy ? Allmost ! What about those advert sign´s in this picture no less than four times, prop pox ?

BR%2027_zpsx9puewt2.jpg

Enjoy it !

Looking great @kschmidt

Just noticed, in the third picture, over on the left, on that GLR line, you appear to have used the 'on-street' T-Junction piece rather than just the GLR T-Junction puzzle piece.You also have the glitch with the roundabout in the right, which would be solved by moving the left hand road down one tile, and the right hand road up one tile. :D 

kschmidt likes this

5 hours ago, _Michael said:

Looking great @kschmidt

Just noticed, in the third picture, over on the left, on that GLR line, you appear to have used the 'on-street' T-Junction piece rather than just the GLR T-Junction puzzle piece.You also have the glitch with the roundabout in the right, which would be solved by moving the left hand road down one tile, and the right hand road up one tile. :D 

Thank you, for the nostalgifc looks I used the Tram T on street, in the meantime I also have Tram on Street Stops so the road stops if noticed may go ! Glitch, roundabout where, red glitch maybe selected for buldozing but isn´t present.  Hope you like this explanation !

kind regards,

kschmidt

6 hours ago, _Michael said:

Looking great @kschmidt

Thanks again, I replaced the stops with Tram in Street. Tram T in road didn´t go, not even with the Immortality killer so unfortunaly, let´s say it´s a reminder for the tram operators to watch out for the trams comming out of the street, wich probably have priority over the GLR operators !

kind regardd,

kschmidt

Imho - first picture, the tree on the left, a fir or spruce, regarding it's size it must be 70, 80 years, maybe more - at the place where it is: almost impossible. It is too much there. Or none or a younger one. But anyway - I never did see chemical industry as sexy before.

1 hour ago, Fantozzi said:

Imho - first picture, the tree on the left, a fir or spruce, regarding it's size it must be 70, 80 years, maybe more - at the place where it is: almost impossible. It is too much there. Or none or a younger one. But anyway - I never did see chemical industry as sexy before.

Well, firs/spruces grow comparably fast, but nonetheless you're mentioning a good point there. I'll replace it with something smaller. Such a tree would work on the premises of an old brick factory, but not for such a modern facility. Thanks for bringing that up. I also just noticed how I added a planter next to that side building front right, but there's nothing in it. *:lol: