• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Please help us for July   06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
Haljackey

Show Us What You're Working On

4,174 posts in this topic

"Maersk Sealand" is the company #1, now alive and operating around the world. Don't have to bury it.

Or am I wrong? *:D

Simmer2 likes this

1 minute ago, MissVanleider said:

@Silur Maersk Line still exists. Part of AP Moller-Maersk group. The specific 'Maersk Sealand' brand has been discontinued a long time though

Thanks for the info...

I see MAERSK label every day and anywhere ...

Simmer2 and Fantozzi like this

@MissVanleider, @Silur, and @Yarahi

Yup! Maersk is included in my collection as you have seen. I will keep going making containers until I run out of metal to build them. *:D

By the way I have already created 174 world wide shipping container's textures with Photoshop. It takes roughly 1 hour each from start to finish, includes all 3 angled renders.

So yea, it is a massive job, perhaps I will stop at 50 or so.

Simmer2

13 hours ago, Hotwheeler said:

Those Containers look amazing.The crisp Textures and the Moddeling is superb.And the Container Accidents?Pure genius.Don`t know if there are FLAT Screens inside,but everything inside is now definetely flat :D

@EvansRE4 Looks great.Will it be an alternate Universe because the old WTC is still standing or will there be other Differences as well?Personally,i like the old WTC more and i guess i also would place it instead of the new WTC.Luckily i`m stil far away from starting the Financial District :D

Say,you wouldn`t mind showing a Close Up of Liberty Island?Just asking because i`m still not happy with mine and maybe i can get some Inspiration from yours...

@Hotwheeler of course I'll show you an upclose shot of liberty island. And yes there well be lots of differences. 

But ...

... may I ask ...

how's about K+M (Kühne+Nagel?). It's ... just because I like their logo not because they are a big shipping company.  They were founded in 1890 in Bremen (by this time an important international harbour) and it's an anchor (ship) in a a circle (world). I personally think just because of that logo it could look nice in game. There is so much 'shippig' in this logo ...

ein-container-wird-auf-einen.jpg

article-kn.jpg

clogo-273x273-444667.jpg

IMHO - that looks better than 'Fantozzi'.

(and even more realistic)

MissVanleider, matias93 and Bipin like this

2 hours ago, Simmer2 said:

@MissVanleider Did you say P&O NedLloyd? Well here is 5 more labels plus an Hapag Lloyd refrigeration unit. You can see the unit built in on the 22.5 box.

Just as Sea-Land and Maersk Sealand, Maersk have long since killed off P&O... However, Sealand has risen again as a primarily American carrier, but I'm unsure if they have their own branded containers yet. Other Maersk brands with containers, however, are Safmarine (Africa), MCC Transport (Asia), Seago Line (Mediterranean) and Damco. And at least Maersk Line and Safmarine have white reefer (cold storage) containers as well.

Yarahi, MissVanleider and Simmer2 like this

3 hours ago, MissVanleider said:

@Simmer2 the reefer unit is cool! The P&O NL container will look nice with this: 

which already has a warehouse with that branding

True! And as @nos.17 was looking into what to relot, I guess this would be a great opportunity to match branded warehouses and containers...

raynev1, MissVanleider and Simmer2 like this

7 hours ago, art128 said:

This is an absolutely gorgeous city, younghappy! I suppose you don't happen to have a CJ?

Thanks art! I had one a few years ago but I am so bad at completing projects and I didn't think this was ready yet for the ful CJ treatment.

art128 likes this

20 hours ago, Simmer2 said:

Perhaps I should start an ST member list and put their names on container boxes....

EvF8amF.gif

Are you planning on making a battleship ?

Simmer2 likes this

@younghappyWow. 

Those plaza textures look amazing. Custom textures I assume? And that bus station along with the whole building selection is truly wonderful. Eager for the CJ - you've already given me a few ideas. :D 

younghappy likes this

@_MichaelThank you!  Well I found them scrolling through the list in the Lot editor, but I don't remember which pack I downloaded them in.  I've not made any of my own textures or props yet; major kudos to the people that create content for us all to use!

_Michael and MissVanleider like this

@EvansRE4

Took me a while until i figured out with Google that this isn`t a landscaped Piece of Land but it`s actual Liberty Island as a BAT*:???: and is just a single Object rather than a bunch of Bits...makes it kinda less impressive (seriously,i was looking at the Screen and thinking "how the Hell did he do that....?) but it makes Things much easier for me.Still would have been cool if the Statue of Liberty from Reddonquixote was used.

Oh well,the one from KOSMO looks great,too.

EvansRE4 likes this

@younghappy i agree with the others, those different textures are really both beautiful and quite unusual, it looks like you are using the sandstone sidewalk, but i would love to see that texture from the plazas used with @rsc204's Custom Sidewalks. I dont know why but i think it might be one of the NDEX ones for some reason, although my recent speculation record is very poor...

Anyway really good work, you would surely get a number of eager downloaders of such lots if you could find the dependencies!

PS. To the people uninterested in shipping containers, i do feel bad for discussing them at length here, and i also feel bad for @Simmer2 coming back to check the thread and just finding people mentioning other companies! I however, think it's great! :rofl:

Simmer2 likes this

Just to reiterate, I have made 174 different  company textures with logos...all the ones you are showing me here have already been made into textures. However there has to be a point where I stop. I think around 50 or 60 in game will suffice.

Simmer2

@Dreadnought Uhmm...perhaps but not in the foreseeable future.

Thanks @Simmer2, I didn't recognize them, because I've never used them, but they're here on my HD :) Way too many possible plugins are "rest in peace" on my HD.... :D:D