• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Please help us for July   06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
Haljackey

Show Us What You're Working On

4,162 posts in this topic

@Simmer2 just keeps on going! Maybe someone can answer these 2 questions for me:

abRjaYd.png

1) the mismatching texture at the top, i assume this can be relotted to match the canal water texture, but does anyone know why it doesnt match in the first place when the wall seems to line up with this canal set perfectly? Presumably i can just find the one that matches from the other canal pieces.

2) this lot at the bottom needs a 'visual' rail connection - at the moment i can't drag rail into the lot and it bugs me that it looks nonsensical.

A problem is that the texture won't line up anyway as it is rrw vs maxis. I can live with a bit of a mismatch but does anyone have any idea how straightforward this is to do? (If the answer is 'not very' then i will probably demolish the railyard and put something else there)

BIWDC and mrsmartman like this

I'll do my best @MissVanleider.

1) It looks like a different canal set if you look closely at the wall. I guess just luck that they line up. Not sure if it'd be fixable.

2) The textures won't line up but you should demolish that lot; drag the rail out one more tile; use the RHW Disconnector to delete the last tile; this should leave you with a 'cut-off' type rail; then just replop the dock and it should be semi visually smooth.

:D 

3 minutes ago, MissVanleider said:

1) the mismatching texture at the top, i assume this can be relotted to match the canal water texture, but does anyone know why it doesnt match in the first place when the wall seems to line up with this canal set perfectly? Presumably i can just find the one that matches from the other canal pieces.

That building is from the original SimGoober canal set, while the rest are from Callagrafx's version of it. The water is part of the model, and can't be edited easily.

Posted (edited)

That disconnector again! Of course!

I am going to try to relot the texture on the canal but suspect that it is all one model

@Jolteon got there first, that makes sense i suppose even if i hoped for a different answer! 

Edited by MissVanleider

1 hour ago, TekindusT said:

Working now in an American-styled metropolis, with its downtown skyscraper-ridden downtown, gentrifying inner city districts, decaying industrial areas and extensive sprawl.

5LvUT9I.jpg

can u send this full completed region please?

37 minutes ago, blynCorporation said:

can u send this full completed region please?

Not through this site, at least; and for good reasons: built regions are huge in terms of file sizes, poorly compatible with plugins and unpredictable in terms of simulation. I can almost assure you that if you install any built region, it won't work correctly on your game configuration. For starters, you would need an exact copy of the originally if plugins folder, and to share that is both illegal and frowned upon.

What could be done, nevertheless, would be to upload the empty region top the STEX...

_Michael likes this

On 17-4-2017 at 9:57 AM, MissVanleider said:

@Simmer2 just keeps on going! Maybe someone can answer these 2 questions for me:

abRjaYd.png

2) this lot at the bottom needs a 'visual' rail connection - at the moment i can't drag rail into the lot and it bugs me that it looks nonsensical.

A problem is that the texture won't line up anyway as it is rrw vs maxis. I can live with a bit of a mismatch but does anyone have any idea how straightforward this is to do? (If the answer is 'not very' then i will probably demolish the railyard and put something else there)

Old canal lots mathching NAM´s Canam texture; as Canam got some water automata feature these will not works with the Simgoober CAL Brick or regular  Canals.

On 17-4-2017 at 9:57 AM, MissVanleider said:

abRjaYd.png

Old canal lots mostly use NAM´s Canam, Simgoober Canals have different textures and landside´s. Canam got some automata features will will not work with other set´s. Obviously using them in seperate area is most common. Canals for most need to hold water so any transition to real rivers or sea need to be done by locks unless there only used for non fuctional beautificationpurpose with a water mod, they  will never connect to sea, all sea parts fully drawn as water mod simulate it, well done !

MissVanleider likes this

Even a container crash accident? Absolutely fantastic ... and good they're all wearing helmets. Love the colours now. You're doing a great job. Again.

Simmer2 likes this

Those Containers look amazing.The crisp Textures and the Moddeling is superb.And the Container Accidents?Pure genius.Don`t know if there are FLAT Screens inside,but everything inside is now definetely flat :D

@EvansRE4 Looks great.Will it be an alternate Universe because the old WTC is still standing or will there be other Differences as well?Personally,i like the old WTC more and i guess i also would place it instead of the new WTC.Luckily i`m stil far away from starting the Financial District :D

Say,you wouldn`t mind showing a Close Up of Liberty Island?Just asking because i`m still not happy with mine and maybe i can get some Inspiration from yours...

EvansRE4 and Simmer2 like this

12 minutes ago, Simmer2 said:

Thank you everyone!!

@Fantozzi Have you really looked at the previous pic? The one showcasing the new Hanjin colors?

Look at the truck in the middle front and the 3 containers behind it. Look at the logo and writing...*:D

Simmer2

No ... now I did see it. Major Fantozzi now's world wide shipping? :rofl:

matias93, Silur and Simmer2 like this

28 minutes ago, Fantozzi said:

No ... now I did see it. Major Fantozzi now's world wide shipping? :rofl:

Typical! I spend my whole day working at my desk on global shipping, and Fantozzi has established himself as a market leader! - No wonder they talk about German productivity! Maybe I should have spend less time browsing ST!

T Wrecks and Simmer2 like this

12 minutes ago, MissVanleider said:

Typical! I spend my whole day working at my desk on global shipping, and Fantozzi has established himself as a market leader! - No wonder they talk about German productivity! Maybe I should have spend less time browsing ST!

It's an interesting thought... Let try he delivers around the world..*:thumb:

Simmer2 likes this

17 minutes ago, Simmer2 said:

Perhaps I should start an ST member list and put their names on container boxes....

Never do it!

I want to see the other objects for the SC4. Containers - it's perfect! But there are many rail roads objects are waiting for You.

You never will see all Your containers - hundreds of them in SC4. But no sufficient rails, railway sleepers and other railroads things.

What about rusty rails and sleepers and railway tools ? You can do it - don't sweat the small stuff ... 

Simmer2 likes this

@Simmer2 i am sure i have seen containers with Jestarr on the side on sc4 lots so i don't think fantozzi is even the first 'community' shipping line in sc4, the design of yours is nicer though!

Shipping geek enabled:

I also very much like the 'out of date' flavour of the Maersk Sealand containers, that branding has been dead for 10 years but they dont rebrand the containers, just wait for them to fall apart and then buy new ones after, even though the company is finished you still see many many like it. You even some P&O Nedlloyd containers still making their way around the world.

// shipping geek disabled