• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Please help us for July   06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
Haljackey

Show Us What You're Working On

4,162 posts in this topic

Yo, guys --

Wasn't there a "fix" somewhere that eliminated those ridiculous little trees and potted plants that pop up along the curbs of the streets and roads??

I wouldn't even know what to look for.

Looking really great @Simmer2 . Can't wait to get hold of it and once I do I'll have to de-Americafy it ready for my cities - now I have to find some good German/Swiss train props. :lol: 

Simmer2 likes this

3 hours ago, f3cs said:

@EvansRE4 I really love your choose of buildings! In fact, I want that white building in the right size of the avenue. What is its name?

My new update to Bellingham:

7BdYj3R.jpg

As you can see, "Trumpetstack" was needed to link Rodovia dos Jacarandás (Rosewood Higway) to Costa Verde Expressway and Beira-Mar Avenue (They're parallel, Beira-mar serves as the collector road for Costa Verde) .

This interchange has to be so complex to complete the central ring expressway. 

ns4toZQ.jpg

There's also a little development in urbanism too

9yPO2wt.jpg

And a port defense fortress:

t0VnWcd.jpg

But there's still a lot of things to do

KXIdWQi.jpg

Could you please specify which avenue @f3cs cause right now I have two avenues in suburbia 

f3cs, Haljackey and matias93 like this

4 minutes ago, Haljackey said:

New interchange.

All connections are free-flowing but the highway narrows and loses grade-separation to the north.

4eEggoM.jpg

Your Idea is very common here in Brazil. we use that to add arterial access to the two Highways without extremely complex interchanges. But what do you think about using the 6C D1 Dual Shift inside? It would be smoother, even with the 6C to 6s transition.

matias93, Haljackey, RandyE and 1 other like this

WORK IN PROGRESS --

THE JADE BIGHT II

WILHELMSHAVEN WEST:

(Click to make bigger.)

Yo, guys --

Just a quick post for the weekend --

This is the Roosevelt Park neighborhood, just south of the railroad corridor business district.  Tucked between the interstate, the railroad, and the business district -- it was an odd shape, and my "advisors" kept calling for more citizens -- so I opted for a high density, mixed-wealth, development.  My "green city" planning instincts dictated that it should have some sort of park element built into it while preserving at least some sense of open space.

GMkbfYh.jpg

Rv87jNZ.jpg

Park detail.  Please excuse the grid -- forgot to turn it off for the pic -- (:rofl:)

RZHrvl2.jpg

A playground out back by the tracks.

zfKj2OZ.jpg

20 minutes ago, Dreadnought said:

WORK IN PROGRESS --

THE JADE BIGHT II

WILHELMSHAVEN WEST:

(Click to make bigger.)

Yo, guys --

Just a quick post for the weekend --

This is the Roosevelt Park neighborhood, just south of the railroad corridor business district.  Tucked between the interstate, the railroad, and the business district -- it was an odd shape, and my "advisors" kept calling for more citizens -- so I opted for a high density, mixed-wealth, development.  My "green city" planning instincts dictated that it should have some sort of park element built into it while preserving at least some sense of open space.

GMkbfYh.jpg

Rv87jNZ.jpg

Park detail.  Please excuse the grid -- forgot to turn it off for the pic -- (:rofl:)

RZHrvl2.jpg

A playground out back by the tracks.

zfKj2OZ.jpg

Very nice trainset; CSX loco out of touch for european scene maybe more like a german loco used instead !

scotttbarry and Dreadnought like this

9 minutes ago, weixc812 said:

Believe it or not, I'm still working on the city of Coos Bay!

Hope I can catch up and bring more to you *:P

I hope so too! What a realistic CBD!

weixc812 likes this

On 3/23/2017 at 1:58 AM, Simmer2 said:

5dUF70V.jpg

You still go plans to release this part as a separate Lot in addition to the Roundhouse?

Simmer2 likes this

Yo, guys --

I keep fiddling around with this thing -- but I can never get it to work!!!

When I want to use the blue-thingie and "@" -- to send something to someone's attention ---

HOW do I do that ?????

The only thing I find contradicts a sense of immersion in a virtual landscape in the NAM are the roundabouts, they stand out as representing a precision of geometry that doesn't exist in material reality.