• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

March goal: We're almost there!   03/20/2017

Hi Community! We're almost there for our March goals!  I just wanted to keep the momentum going so if you are able to help, please donate and get some gifts in exchange! Thanks so much to those who have helped out this month, we really appreciate it.
Haljackey

Show Us What You're Working On

3,491 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, mitchelldixon1588 said:

Creating a Pond, trying to make it look as good as possible, my first one i sat down and tried making it look good.

would love tips on making it look a bit better. I know im kinda amature at it lol so advice would be much appriciated!!

Also a special thanks to kschmidt to showing me how to take better pictures! *:) 

Piytan%20Lake-Dec.%2019%201311489522123_

It's very good! I was going to say that maybe there was too much gravel at the shoreline, as a natural lake that size doesn't really have a beach like that with rocks and pebbles.

If you imagine it as an artificial lake, former 'gravel pit' maybe turned into nature reserve? It actually looks quite real. Certainly better than any of my first attempts!

2 people like this

@Simmer2 This is very impressive. Is there any chance of a 'minimal' version with the edge of the lot being closer to the edge of the roundhouse? I do love your lots, but purely for reasons of flexibility; combining this with other rail lots  and networks (which are by nature rather on the large side for obvious reasons, realistic turns etc.) The smallest lot makes for the greater flexibility.

Please do not see this as a complaint in any way. I enjoy all your work and will download immediately (and probably without reading the description)

2 people like this

@MissVanleider When you see the total picture you will understand the reason behind the size of the lot once completed.

Shaving a couple of tiles will not really make a difference anyways, the roundhouse building is massive, for a reason *;)

Simmer2

2 people like this

On 3/13/2017 at 11:31 AM, CT14 said:

New City-Jan. 20, 001489418850.png

No way!  Those are too cool!  Are they automata?

2 people like this

@Simmer2 I'm dying to see that roundhouse released!  Every shot you show makes the anticipation more intense!!

1 person likes this

13 minutes ago, Simmer2 said:

Thank you!

Next teaser.....still work in progress

RH
oA36Lhc.jpg

Simmer2

dude, are you gonna release this so i can download it when your done? lol*:P

1 person likes this

@Simmer2Question,  What kind of hoppers are those? They don't look like any American Prototype I've seen?

Also now that Vester released his GEVO engines as props, why not have 2 or more locomotives on a train? :P

2 people like this

@DavidDHetzel The upper ones are quad tanks closed hoppers. They carry caustic powder chemicals. Quite common.:yes:

The lower section is a small parking yard, used to place wagons while the locomotives are being repaired.

Simmer2

@Simmer2 ah, must be a european thing. Most i've seen either have ribbed or curved sides like these two.

d95066cd737c6025257f3b243b00009f.jpg

walthers-proto-920-106108-4780-evans-cov

1 person likes this

@Tyberius06 Thanks for the shout and that is some great work on your part as well. And not just the interchange either, that's quite the massive complex of rail lines and yards back there! It would be really cool to see a mosaic shot of it all once your finished. 

2 people like this

marstower5.png

this is my mars tower i am working on.... 

9 people like this

17 hours ago, feyss said:

What can you find behind the highway ?

1489626826-laroche5.jpg

A pond of course! :thumb:

4 people like this

@MissVanleiderNice, very nice. What are these buildings? Not just the diagonals all of them from this picture :D:D

Thanks

On 13.3.2017 at 4:31 PM, CT14 said:

"Image of super amazing Cars"

Oh my gosh,Lowriders are coming to Town...squeee!

They really look amazing,also glad to hear you plan to make toned down Versions.

10 hours ago, kingofsimcity said:

Here's another Costco with a makeshift tire center.

A distribution center re-lot and a new SUPER distribution center.

Maaan, where were you when I started the IRM? *cries othogonally to the grid*

But seriously, not only are these great lots as usual, but I also like how you used ancient techniques - such as shoving two buildings together or adding Maxis storefront props - to great effect.

They also go to show how much the lot can contribute to the overall appearance because if we're frank, both Costco BATs do show their age. I even have the Costco distribution one on my IRM candidate list but have to admit that I pushed it further down because I thought the quality isn't quite up to the same standard as the other BATs I've been using. Now that I see it on your lot, I find myself thinking "Hey, it looks fine", and wondering if I even looked at the same BAT. o.O

5 people like this