• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Please help us for July   06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
Moerp

SC4 Devotion: Official Registration Suggestion and Advice Thread

31 posts in this topic

I've tried to made a SC4 Devotion account, but I can't activate it. In the E-mail there's the activation link and the activation code, but when I'm click on the link, I just get to the Forum-Site and I still can't log in. The same at SimPeg. Can anybody help me?

Note:

This is the official ST support thread for SC4D technical issues.

Please see given advices/solutions first before posting a new concern. For concerns regarding registration in the site, please contact Tarkus.

Thank you. :)

Re-send Activation E-mail maybe. Or maybe because you live in germany you have a strange IP.

I've tried to made a SC4 Devotion account, but I can't activate it. In the E-mail there's the activation link and the activation code, but when I'm click on the link, I just get to the Forum-Site and I still can't log in. The same at SimPeg. Can anybody help me?

Does your email client (gmail, hotmail or something like MS Outlook) have the email flagged and links blocked/deemed unsafe? Sometimes when this happens for me when I forget my SC4D password the "reset password" link just leads to the forum. Try marking the email safe (i.e. it will allow you to click links without prompting you they may be unsafe) and this may work, is usually does for me.

Hope this helps, good luck getting your account sorted out.

Does your email client (gmail, hotmail or something like MS Outlook) have the email flagged and links blocked/deemed unsafe? Sometimes when this happens for me when I forget my SC4D password the "reset password" link just leads to the forum. Try marking the email safe (i.e. it will allow you to click links without prompting you they may be unsafe) and this may work, is usually does for me.

Hope this helps, good luck getting your account sorted out.

Thank you very much, now it works! :D

arozarker12, try to contact Tarkus here in ST, he is a staff in SC4D, he might be able to give you some inputs, he already helped me once through my application. :)

If you are not sure how to mark an e-mail as safe, it's always a good idea to right-click the link, select "Copy link location" (or similar wording, depending on your browser and OS) from the context menu, and paste the link into the address bar of your browser. This is also good to see what URL the link actually points to (it could be spoofed - not so much in case of SC4D, but generally speaking!). Once the link has been entered in the address bar, simply hit [RETURN] to confirm, and your browser will take you to wherever the link leads, regardless of your e-mail program.

Cyclone Boom likes this

My account activation email does not get to me and then I could not access my account.

Check your spam and junk folders.

We had a few issues with the e-mail server, probably right around the time you registered. In any case, I've manually activated your account, so you should be good to go now.  Let me know if you encounter anymore issues.

-Tarkus

I can't get an activation email either..

And it's not in my spam/junk folder either.

-James You

Have you tried contacting Tarkus?

In a PM, just give a brief summary of the issue, along with your registered username, and I'm sure he can help you out.

-James You

I've located your forum account and have manually activated it.  Do you have a LEX account that needs activation as well?

-Tarkus

-James You

I've located your forum account and have manually activated it.  Do you have a LEX account that needs activation as well?

-Tarkus

Thank you very much Tarkus!!!

I think I should be good, Will let you know!!

Cheers!!

Hi Tarkus.  Can you help me with activating my SC4 devotion account?  I registered two days ago.  I have not received an e-mail to activate my account.  It doesn't look like my e-mail considers it junk mail.  :-(  

Thanks

Is anybody else unable to register on SC4D forums or their dedicated csxlex downloads? I registered like 5 hours ago, was told I'd receive an email with my activation link but I didn't. Not even in my spam folder.

Is anybody else unable to register over there?

Give it 24 hours, the internet isn't always as fast as it should be. Also, depending on your e-mail provider, it's possible that some items flagged as spam by filters may not make it even to the Spam folder. Anyhow, if things aren't working after 24h have passed, we (the SC4D staff) can look into the problem for you.

_Michael, matias93 and APSMS like this

I still have not gotten my activation link for SC4D. (Different email than on here)

Username: Arceist_Justin

Nobody? You said to let you know if I still don't have the email after 24 hours. It has been 48 hours and no email and I see I ain't getting a single response unlike what I was promised :(

Sorry where is the promise? You'll not get far with that attitude... You posted an update 3 hours ago and it hasn't been actioned yet. Well none of this community stuff is a paid-service, it's run by volunteers who help run things in their free time. Now I'm aware of it, I'll pass the matter on to those who deal with such problems (i.e. not me). It may take a while for a response, but we will look into it.

CorinaMarie, _Michael and Tarkus like this

well, You shouldn't tell someone to post after 24 hours if they still have a problem and not expect to reply if they do post. It's not polite.

Can you please hurry? Thank you.

I am lacking some dependencies that are over at SC4D that I need to download. Thanks

4 hours ago, ReshiramLover said:

well, You shouldn't tell someone to post after 24 hours if they still have a problem and not expect to reply if they do post. It's not polite.

Whoa there...

You posted at 2:26pm that you had still not got the e-mail. You then follow that up at 6:07pm, because I hadn't responded yet. Whereupon I came back to you within 15minutes. Do you know what's not polite? Harassing people to get what you want, without due consideration for the fact that people might be busy. In short, you waited less than 4 hours for a response, I know plenty of customer service centres where you pay for worse service!

Once again let me clarify, this isn't a business or service you are paying for. Those who manage the site are a friendly and helpful bunch, but we have lives away from the community, which often come first. You must be patient and they will get back to you when they have free time to do so.

For your information, I sent a PM to the Admin team at SC4D yesterday evening. I also made it clear previously, that you might not get a response right away:

On 20/04/2017 at 6:20 PM, rsc204 said:

I'll pass the matter on to those who deal with such problems (i.e. not me). It may take a while for a response, but we will look into it.

So in short, I've done everything I said I would do, without huge delays on my part. So by accusing me of being rude, you've just annoyed a site moderator (at SC4D) in the process of trying to get your request actioned. I happen to know the guy dealing with it is very busy right now, that means it could literally be days before he has time to help you.

I politely suggest you tone down your attitude here and have more reasonable expectations of people. Because the behaviour you are showing suggests we may not want you as a member at SC4D. Which perhaps didn't occur to you, but being privately run and not for profit, we can pick and choose who we allow to use our free resources. No one wants to spend their free time helping ungrateful and impolite people for no reward. So maybe think twice before you start complaining, it might backfire as opposed to speed things up.

I'm here with гсѕ204 ...

ReshiramLoveг - You can try to wait ...

SC4D Admin here.  I have manually activated the account on the LEX, so you should be able to log in now.  Apologies for it taking a couple days, but I've been working overtime at two jobs this week, which means I've barely been home (aside from sleeping), while also preparing for an out-of-state trip, and have only just now seen this thread.

Manual account activation requires Admin privileges, and the rest of the Admin team has been spread a bit thin with real life as well.  Of the other three besides myself, one is building up a law practice, one is finishing up his master's degree, and the other is in the process of starting grad school.  The site owner is also quite busy in his life outside of the SC4 world, and except for emergency situations (i.e. database and server issues) and site finances, has largely left operations of the site to the four of us.  It may, for the foreseeable future, take us a few days to handle manual activations for LEX and/or SC4D Forum accounts.  We do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but thank those who are patient with us, as we try to balance our real world obligations with our continued, long-running passion for this community.

-Tarkus

rsc204, nos.17, Silur and 2 others like this