• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

Help us reach our June donation goal   06/12/2017

If you can, please help us reach our June donation goal!  Please note that the STEX Collector's Set gift can now be sent to you by digital download, as well as by mail! Simtropolis runs mostly on donations, as you know, every dollar helps us keep things up and running and bring in improvements from time to time. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

Simtropolis hardware upgrade - can you help?   06/22/2017

We've received a recommendation to consider some hardware upgrades to our aging server. As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the additional load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task.  You may have noticed that we've been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we work out allocating resources for more optimal performance. We've also applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is something we'd like to be able to upgrade. The last time we upgraded hardware was a in 2012. Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Your contribution means a lot!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins

See who gave reputation

1. Artimus

Artimus

2. El Argentino

El Argentino

3. Tuffarancio

Tuffarancio

4. Huston

Huston

5. jmsepe

jmsepe

6. SimRico

SimRico

7. nathanthemayor

nathanthemayor

8. wwetom1

wwetom1

9. jacksunny

jacksunny

10. Jack³

Jack³

11. Ceafus 88

Ceafus 88

12. Kevin

Kevin

•  
  • Similar Content

• By Silur
      I see some strange things in the gallery drawings Simtropolis lately. Some authors places where a large number of drawings. I think - we need a limit of accommodation. I think that for a series of similar drawings, there city journals...
      Hi, Simtropolians - What do You think about this?
    • By Silur
      I'm curious to know Your opinion about the website Simtropolis. Today I started editing one site in my country. And I realized that this is far from the quality that I see on Simtropolis. How do You compare the quality of most of the other sites? Are there any sites built even more conveniently?  Are there any ideals in this world? Thank you.
    • By Silur
      Thank you Dirk for Your website. You have gathered here for a large community. All new city engineering games are here. This is the perfect solution. I can see and SC4 and SC3000 and Skylines here. It's fine - you made the right choice. Attracting SC3000 and Skylenrs gives a chance to survive SC4. Few of us with SC4... Thank You once more... 
    • By Chief ZDN
      Hello everyone,
      As we know, the SC3000.com and SC4ever.com look to be not maintained except for availability. No more features were added to these site. And, some interactive features are disabled due to merging the site with Simtropolis. By this, I'm deciding to start old content migration from these site.
      Intro
      The project missions are to provide old contents about SimCity 2000, 3000, and 4 to new users and to preserve old contents. Our vision is want to biggest preservative in the SimCity community. There aren't more info to be discussed here.
      Progress
      We are copied contents from SC4ever.com Knowledge Tree (this is very important thing) completely and we'll going to SC3000.com content migration. Support us by reading the "Contribute" section.
      Contribute
      Want to contribute? You can PM me with including some data: your name and your interest (are you want to copy all contents or SC3000.com/SC4ever.com). I'll review your profile (new profiles are allowed, but they are must active and has time and commitment to copy the contents). The content copying is allowed by @Dirktator as long as you don't selling the data and with proper attribution (including the source site and the original author).
      I hope, you want to join my team and give benefits to all.
      Thank you.
    • By Chief ZDN
      Hello everyone,
      Today's June 1 in Indonesia. But, the donation tracker isn't updated to reflect this (timezone diff?). Alright, we've exceeding the May donation goal (102%!). This is impressive. Thank you, all donators! Without you, we can't survive in long time.
      For those want to donate, it's fine. By donating to the community, you'll help the community. Yes, you may not helping directly. But, hosting is important component to the community. We've experiencing slightly increase (I don't know the data so I can't estimate it accurately) on expenses because our user growth. Don't hesitate to donate us.
      Thank you.