• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

We're close! Please help us reach our April & May goals!   04/28/2017

We're getting close with our April goal - please help us over the final bump! Your donations not only help keep the site up and running, but also allows us to expand some functionality and upgrade other features of the site periodically to stay current! We're looking for some community support to help us get a new Chat system (as you know our old Chat is no longer supported by IP.Board). A new system promises to give us many more options and all for fairly little cost, relatively speaking. Please help us reach our April goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
biff

Comprehensive SimCity Music Collection, Version 3

206 posts in this topic

This compilation is freaking sweet. I'm in the process on compiling music from The Sims 1 and The Sims 2 myself for some good listening. 

The music got me into this series and I still play (On ocasion, but trying to get back into it). Thank you for this!

biff likes this

I ought to play more too. Thanks for liking this you guys - I'll get around to updating it sooner or later.

"Sooner or later," eh? Gotta love procrastination.

Anyway, update's out now. For those of you wondering where the SimAnt stuff went, maybe I'll do the other Maxis games later. And I do mean later.

If you live in Europe you can pickup lossless ALAC versions of SimCity 3000 & SimCity 4 Original Videogame Music at qobuz.com for the typical cost of a CD.

http://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/simcity-3000-ea-games-soundtrack/0067003071451

http://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/simcity-4-ea-games-soundtrack/0067003071055

Sadly us lowly Americans can not purchase this music (store checkout geo-locking prevents purchase, probably IP based)

47 minutes ago, fredinno said:

Do you have music for SimCity Buildit and Social?

I do not, unfortunately; they seem to have escaped my notice until now. Do those two games even have music of note? If so I'll think about adding them later, but I can't promise anything. Gotta move on at some point. :V

fredinno likes this

48 minutes ago, biff said:

I do not, unfortunately; they seem to have escaped my notice until now. Do those two games even have music of note? If so I'll think about adding them later, but I can't promise anything. Gotta move on at some point. :V

They do. I remember playing both and having at least a few tracks.'

I found some on the 'tube, but they're likely not the entire soundtrack.

SimCity Social will be hard- they game was shut down...

You don't have SimCity 2013 Music in OP either. Just a side note.

Regarding the Sims, did you get a music collection on that too like you implied on OP?

Compared to SC3000 and SC4, the music of SimCity 2013 is a joke.  I wouldn't waste time trying to add the SC0213 music.

I haven't collected any Sims music yet. Maybe I'll do it at some point.

As for SC2013, well, I'm not going to risk the copyright demons being unleashed on me for uploading it. It's not as bad as some of the more obscure music already in the collection, but said music is there primarily for historical interest...not to mention it won't get taken down by the RIAA or whoever.

On 2016-11-27 at 8:35 PM, biff said:

I haven't collected any Sims music yet. Maybe I'll do it at some point.

As for SC2013, well, I'm not going to risk the copyright demons being unleashed on me for uploading it. It's not as bad as some of the more obscure music already in the collection, but said music is there primarily for historical interest...not to mention it won't get taken down by the RIAA or whoever.

What about SimCIty Buildit?

And why would the copyright demons go on SimCIty 2013 muisc, but not SimCity 4 music?

22 hours ago, cromabianca said:

Because the music from SC 2013 is more recent... and the jackals tend to jump on these kinds of things... ;)

Hey, long time no see. How's things?

...how, if I may be selfish enough to ask, are the remixes coming along?

cromabianca likes this

On 9/12/2016 at 4:16 PM, biff said:

Hey, long time no see. How's things?

...how, if I may be selfish enough to ask, are the remixes coming along?

Hey biff... yeah, I've been away for some time... :)

The remixes... are on hiatus... I just don't seem to b able to find the time to finish them....

If you ever update this, for the files in-game, I would be most grateful if you could share Flac files for anything sourced from wav. I either keep all my music in flac or Ogg Vorbis, so it would be easy to take .wav files from a game like Simcopter and compress them into flac rather then lose anything via mp3 compression. I know they weren't the best quality to start with, but lossy is lossy.

I'm comparing my flac versions straight from Streets to the versions you have... there's some remastering differences. comparing Middle Finger in the rock station tells me the high ends and symbols are much more pronounced and cleaner in the remaster. A lot of bass was lost in the game version of Greased Monkey.

However, the remasters seem to suffer from audio clipping, looks like they artificially inflated the volume. Shame, really. The remasters are superior in every other aspect

Really wish we had higher quality for Simcopter though... always loved the techno station.

Also, there's actually a mixing error in the remasters! In The Garage Again has the left and right audio channels switched from the game version for some odd reason. I've made a corrected file if you want it.

biff and CorinaMarie like this

Go ahead and post the link for the corrected file here, I'll grab it.

As for FLAC, in hindsight I should have converted the .wav files to FLAC but I decided to convert to MP3 for an easier listening experience. Can't say I'll be doing that now though.

11 hours ago, biff said:

Go ahead and post the link for the corrected file here, I'll grab it.

As for FLAC, in hindsight I should have converted the .wav files to FLAC but I decided to convert to MP3 for an easier listening experience. Can't say I'll be doing that now though.

https://mega.nz/#!Sx1x3DSb!3VUki3neh9DIuqK_x9ac_tE-EArbImBcW7ruAd9cOIA

Also, I can upload Flac versions for SImcopter and Streets if anyone is interested.

I also ripped the menu music from Simcopter.

biff likes this

It's also a good bet that the masters for Simcopter exist.

As proof, I will point out the obvious connection between track tkno2mx2 in Simcopter and the resampled "Put It Down (Rave 1)" from The Sims: House Party Original Game Soundtrack. "Simtricity (Rave 2)" is a remix of "Piston in My Pocket" from Streets.

I have no idea whose ear we'd have to bend to get them to release the masters though.

Swapped out In The Garage Again, thank you. Having the master tracks for Simcopter would be nice, but I don't expect it to happen.

I'm over the moon at ho you actually managed to get the Simcity Creator (DS) Soundtrack. It's easily my favorite soundtrack from the Simcity series, and finding here has made my day :D thank you!!

On 2/1/2017 at 11:40 PM, biff said:

Swapped out In The Garage Again, thank you. Having the master tracks for Simcopter would be nice, but I don't expect it to happen.

I e-mailed Jerry Martin asking if the masters still existed and if a release might someday be possible, we'll see if I get a response.

So here's his reply. I sent him a follow-up asking about the missing Streets track masters, and who I might need to contact for those if he didn't work on them.

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for your email. Sorry for the ridiculous delay in getting back to you. 

I'm so glad you like the music and I appreciate your letting me know.  I have all of my music mastered in storage now since I’m in the process of re-locating. The problem with the SImCopter music is that even the master mixes are pretty weird. I was trying really hard to make them sound good as 8 bit, 11k, XA compressed. (at the time I didn’t realize that they would never sound good like that)   Anyway, when I get my stuff out of storage I’ll find them.

If you'd like, please join my BoomBamBoom list to get a free download of the "Build Mode" piano music from the Sims. (highest quality MP3s and music transcriptions)  I’ll also be sending updates on my more current work etc. and misc. freebies. I plan to use BoomBamBoom as a boutique music shop eventually and even team up with John R. again for some more music like the Sims Build mode.

And although I don't use it much, if you'd like, please friend me on Facebook   https://www.facebook.com/jerry.martin.56481

Also, keep me updated if you change your email address.

Thanks again for your email,
Jerry

PS:  (Music Factoid)  The Beatles made so much money that EMI (the parent co.) didn’t know what to do with it. With the Beatles money they were able to invest in R&D and invent the medical imaging device known as the CT-Scan machine. (CAT-scan)

Glad he got back to you. Did you know he did a Reddit AMA late last year? At any rate if he decides to give us the masters I'd gladly host them with his permission.

Anyway I uploaded the music from SimCity BuildIt and SimCity Social. There really isn't much to speak of; I only went through with it because as far as I'm aware it's a trifling amount of music.