• Moose
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

We're close! Please help us reach our April & May goals!   04/28/2017

We're getting close with our April goal - please help us over the final bump! Your donations not only help keep the site up and running, but also allows us to expand some functionality and upgrade other features of the site periodically to stay current! We're looking for some community support to help us get a new Chat system (as you know our old Chat is no longer supported by IP.Board). A new system promises to give us many more options and all for fairly little cost, relatively speaking. Please help us reach our April goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins

1,760 posts in this topic

Wow,that Pool....just wow.

This must be one of the most realistic BATed Pieces of Water ever.

The House might not be my prefered Style but it still looks great and very well detailed.

madhatter106 likes this

4 hours ago, Hotwheeler said:

Wow,that Pool....just wow.

This must be one of the most realistic BATed Pieces of Water ever.

The House might not be my prefered Style but it still looks great and very well detailed.

Thank you! Getting the textures right for the water alone was quite the feat... Now that I know how though, it's pretty simple. It'll take some time until the boardwalk/props/concrete can do it justice though. ;)

madhatter106 likes this

On 04/03/2017 at 5:22 PM, DavidDHetzel said:

@Hotwheeler these a super common in the USA. Especially with the younger families. There's a whole neighborhood where I live made up of similar houses, in fact my dad was working there a week or ago and I noted to myself when I ran an errand for him that they looked like the first series of houses @Bipin made.

I know that they are common in the US and up close they really look nice with the Mixture of Brick and Wood/Vinyl Clapboard Walls.

In Fact,i wouldn`t mind living in one of those (even if the Front and Backyards look really sterile but i guess it`s because they are pretty new).

Edit: @T Wrecks

I don't think it is real Brick,have a look at the newer Parts of that Area,there are still unfinished Houses

12 hours ago, T Wrecks said:

Just being curious here: is that even real brick, though?

Yes. My 3D model's brick has exactly as much real brick in it as one of those houses, in the real world. Compare the boxes side-by-side any you will not be disappointed in our ingredients. Both have exactly the same amount of brick to offer.

(Which is to say, what you will be disappointed in is that neither my model nor the real thing have any brick at all. Just stamped concrete with some pretty colours, or some of those reticulated splines). *;)

E1jSuRn.png

I have no new BATs to show, so here's a picture of a GLR lot. Props to

you if you can spot the new props *;) Hint: They're for more than GLR.

@urbanconstanta For now, anyways. I'll probably disappear for another while, until... Suddenly... BATs on the LEX/STEX! The reason I do this is because of essays and exams because it lets me pull an "I'LL BE BACK" stunt every week or so... :O

@Hotwheeler Noted - I plan on doing clapboard/Cape Cod-esque houses anyways. Glad to see there's some interest in it!

@RRetail Thank you - I think so too; super happy with how it turned out! BATing these sorts of textures is often a lot of luck, at least as much as it is skill. What looks good in full 3D often doesn't look good in orthographic projection from afar. I plan on adding timed props with varying numbers of swimmers.

@DavidDHetzel Thanks David! These houses are similar to the ones in my own neighbourhood - even my own house to some extent. Boring as they may seem at first, as they age, they get some nuanced character. That's what I hope to add with a decent amount of props (including timed ones).

korver, CdMadero, Yarahi and 2 others like this

Glad to hear about the (non-)brick, as I tend to prefer a light plugins folder. *:D

Cape Cod / clapboard houses definitely sound like a good idea, especially slope-tolerant ones just like youe Hamilton series! I love it when I can have family homes on hillsides without the lots looking goofy because of ridiculous retaining walls or square building foundations that cut the lot apart.

Bipin, Ceafus 88 and matias93 like this

Wow - that water texture on the pool looks insanely good. Good idea too with the timed swimmer props, should look marvelous once it's done.

The houses look lovely as well *:). Keep up the awesome work!

Bipin likes this

Hah yes @T Wrecks - I hate it when those ridiculous retaining walls show up. SC4 never fails to remind me of my grandparents' house with its monolithic concrete wall/walk-out basement :D So I guess in a sense the vanilla houses are realistic... but for 99% of houses, I'll be doing what I did with my last set - building slope-friendly decks in the back so there's some detail to unearth when placed on the slopes.

On 4/5/2017 at 11:18 AM, korver said:

Wow - that water texture on the pool looks insanely good. Good idea too with the timed swimmer props, should look marvelous once it's done.

The houses look lovely as well *:). Keep up the awesome work!

Thank you! Honestly, I am surprised with how well it turned out. It's nice when skill and luck mix in just the right way! ;)

And for the rest of you... don't worry, I didn't forget:

k3EC97t.png

Grunge seems to be the way to your hearts. :wub: ...and I am more than happy to oblige!

Yes...Yeeees!!!The murky Waters of the Hudson River demand more Barges and rusty swimmy Thingies.....

The texturing is not from this World,you literally can see the structural Grid under the Metal where heavy Loads left some Dents.

Silur and Bipin like this

On 4/9/2017 at 0:06 PM, Hotwheeler said:

Yes...Yeeees!!!The murky Waters of the Hudson River demand more Barges and rusty swimmy Thingies.....

The texturing is not from this World,you literally can see the structural Grid under the Metal where heavy Loads left some Dents.

Thank you! :) I must be Satan in that case... because the devil really is in the details! (hahahaha)

props to whoever can figure out what this is:

nZZn7t2.png

It'll be part of a pack. Barges, walls, and more! First released in Cities Skylines, then SC4.

korver, Ln X and JP Schriefer like this

Well, I'll be darned if this ain't tug boat's hull! Of course it's harder to tell without any information on scale/size, but the general hull shape makes me lean more towards an ocean-going tug than a harbour tug. If the aft deck was open towards the rear, it might also be an AHTS.

Come to think of it, that really is a niche that hasn't been covered by anyone so far. We've had cruise ships, military vessels, cargo ships (both ocean-going and inland), yachts, even some historical sailing vessels, at least some barges, and even an oil rig - but tug boats? Not yet, at least not to my knowledge.

This is going to be good. *rubs hands*

Bipin likes this

I`m with @T Wrecks,it looks like a Tugboat Hull.

I also agree,we need Tugboats...and Barges (the only Barges i know so far are the wooden Barges from the historic Haror Set...)

Bipin likes this

2 hours ago, Fantozzi said:

Nope. This' gonna be an emergency rescue whistle.4007003-20170318213330-1055724063345977.... much needed when traveling on water.

(I'm totally convinced)

Well, in that case I'm hoping - against my normal position on this topic - that Bipin will consider an HD export. *:rofl:

Fantozzi likes this

5 hours ago, T Wrecks said:

Well, I'll be darned if this ain't tug boat's hull! Of course it's harder to tell without any information on scale/size, but the general hull shape makes me lean more towards an ocean-going tug than a harbour tug. If the aft deck was open towards the rear, it might also be an AHTS.

Come to think of it, that really is a niche that hasn't been covered by anyone so far. We've had cruise ships, military vessels, cargo ships (both ocean-going and inland), yachts, even some historical sailing vessels, at least some barges, and even an oil rig - but tug boats? Not yet, at least not to my knowledge.

This is going to be good. *rubs hands*

Well everyone, I think a round of applause is in order. It looks like we have a new winner! Come on down @T Wrecks and collect your prize - an all new, 2017...

HbuZQIt.png

Chevy Mali- err, ugh... tugboat?

Yes, you guys got it right! This is it - a tugboat! And you're onto something T Wrecks - there are not a lot of tugboats out there on the STEX/LEX - harbour equipment in general, I'd argue. I've always tried to fill gaps in SC4's and especially Cities; Skyline's BATs/mods/props, but this was more so just a personal project. However, it seems like the general consensus is that you guys want this kind of stuff anyways. I am happy to oblige. :)

This brings up another point, and I'd like to get staff/user input on it beforehand: A lot of my more recent mods either have been, or will be, released for both CSL and SC4. How do we feel about posting some CSL content in this thread? That content will be for SC4 as well of course (for instance, the low poly model in the picture above uses the low-poly CSL hull. The smoother SC4 hull is visible in the back). Effectively, and certainly at this stage of BATing, the models for either game are the same. Only later do I tweak things.

From a practical standpoint, it's a lot easier to manage one thread with all my content. Upon release, I'd be posting links to SC4 (STEX/LEX) and CSL (STEX/Steam Workshop) downloads. That's really the only major change. Thoughts?

4 hours ago, Hotwheeler said:

I`m with @T Wrecks,it looks like a Tugboat Hull.

I also agree,we need Tugboats...and Barges (the only Barges i know so far are the wooden Barges from the historic Haror Set...)

Agreed! I'm happy to fill that gap. It's what I try and do with other BATs/mods, so I can certainly carry on with that sentiment.

4 hours ago, Fantozzi said:

Nope. This' gonna be an emergency rescue whistle.4007003-20170318213330-1055724063345977.... much needed when traveling on water.

(I'm totally convinced)

Ah, something for April fools. Or at least a monument to sailors lost at sea - I accept this as a challenge for making a tasteful sculpture of a rescue whistle you'll actually want to place in your cities. :bunny:

RandyE, Fantozzi, weixc812 and 3 others like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

•  
  • Similar Content

• By Silur
      SANTANA ISLAND - Traditions die hard
      Chapter 01 - Introduction

DEDICATED - OP4 (Onlyplace4, Mike)
      NOTE: This is a conservative City Journal in the style of classic 3RR by Dedgren (David).
      I will expand this step by step page.
      _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
      This unit is for my words of gratitude. Sorry if I can't remember them all.
      But (sites, programs, teams, and people, names and logins):
      Diktator, Jeronij, Pegasus, SC4 Polska, OP4, NAM Team , VIP Orange, JES, Ilive Reader, SC4PIM, PNG to FSH, Dat Packer 2008, SC4 Model Tweaker, Tool SC4, SC4 Icon Creator, HHarbor Team, DocRorlach, Dedgren, Ionionion with "OMCo Serial", NBVC with "All His Objects" too... etc.
      New day - new names:
      2017-04-25: 
      SimForum BAT Team (SFBT), FANTA, SM2  and ... 
      2017-04-26:
      CP - Today  

The list is very large - sorry - I'm going to continue it ...

_______________________________________________________________________________________

The story began in 1949, but more on that later. Today 09-01-1950.
      This is Gent Region, city - B-07-07. Twenty years ago, someone built a village here. Then she left him.
      01-01
      Now we come to the island Santana on a light aircraft.

01-02 

01-03
      This is a map of flight from Gloria state to Santana Island.

01-04

This is Osbourne City 1949. 

The continuation very soon ... 
      Thank You,
      Silur ...

• By RandyE
      On the STEX you'll find several different kinds of power plants representing a variety of post-doctorate theses on the advance of energy technology.  The Energy Data Packaging Plant represents my contribution to the plausible power plants collection.
      This plant packs more energy data into subatomic particles. Nuclear structure remains intact and the laws of thermodynamics are not broken, you just get more "bang" for your boson, thus, the Energy Data Packaging Plant generates 4X the power of the hydrogen fusion core using the wind turbine as its examplar.  H2O is produced equal to the volume of a large water pump.
      Well-educated technicians and maximum funding are recommended as a 2 picosecond delay before the acceleration of light must be maintained to prevent a supernova reaction.
      All props and lighting are Maxis dependent.
      INSTALL:  Add the 'Energy Data Packaging Plant' folder containing the lot file to your 'User\ Documents\ SimCity 4\ Plugins' folder.
      I really don't know am I allowed to do this, but admins and slow to answer and my "messenger man" hasn't said anything so I guess this OK.
      Thing is that since SimPeg unfortunately went offline, I'ven't had a support thread. And because I really suffer somekind of god syndrome being last good batter with gMax I'll rarely post stuff in here if and when I BAT. I've about 60-100 bats to be un- and re-released and most on those re-release stuff its that they were made like decade ago (I know right).
      I would like to just upload stuff what BSC people modded for me years ago, so I've been upgrading those bats what I made with them back in the day. Though if someone gets permission from RippleJet (I guess this was the name) I can release bunch of diagonal, but out-dated stuff in a sec.

Anyhow, here are my latest bats in the works and coming up:

Baxter Building

iGroup Tower

Wembley Station

One Roxxon Plaza

Autotalo, being under work since 2013 i believe.

• By Chief ZDN
      This thread was copied from SC4Devotion without any editing except for tags and some optimizations. Sorry if I broke some rules here.
      Hello everyone,

We know that the modding activities don't like before. Previously, many people are made many mods. But now, some people don't want to mod (again). This is also affect the NAM. We had many people including Pegasus in the team. This is different from now because we just have around 6 people working now. We need to makes useful innovations, such as more advanced, more powerful, etc. We'll explain the more modular approach to the NAM.
      Intro
      The approach is created due to NAM bloat & development issues. I think the monolithic NAM is like double-sided sword. Monolithic approach is good because players can download the NAM more easily. The negative sides are the player need to download the NAM installer entirely (which is ~200M compressed and ~1G uncompressed) and player need large disk spaces.
      About the dev issues, NAM Team was initiated the Project 57 in order to fix the network space issue. But, NAM still bloat and P57 isn't an ultimate solution because NAM also had an issue again, dev complexity issue. Development complexity issue plagued NAM since NAM has many networks and their accessories like TuLEP (about NAM 28). In order to fix these, we need an ultimate solutions like this approach.
      What We'll Do
      The NAM will not monolithic again. This is to reduce bandwidth usage. Although the world average internet speed is more faster than in 2004, bandwidth still concerned NAM will be built with some modern tools such as texture curving tool NAM will be built with efficient textures NAM will use DLL for some features like variable elevated network NAM will use masking for things like variable more-smaller RHW NAM will use modular textures and has APIs (the APIs can be consumed by the NAM itself, allows more efficient coding) Challenges
      Finding a DLL dev are difficult. As far as we know, currently only 1 people that are DLL dev, Simmaster07 When this article written, there just some APIs that can discovered and accessible through the Simmaster's GZCom framework The project is failed. Sorry for some false statements. I made mistake, again. I think this will be used. But in reality, it isn't used.  
      Surprise! I will work on new NAM logo. But, because my laptop isn't available, I can't do it now. I can do that in Friday/Saturday. I'll send some designs (maybe 3) to you by PM.

If you have critics, suggestions, or questions, just reply this thread. Thank you.
    • By RandyE
      This lot has been tested in-game, it was found that at least 2 of them are required to almost completely reduce pollution across a large tile as well as to provide water across a grid of pipes covering the whole tile.  It was tested also with the Utility Radius and Traffic Pollution Modd.  Use the Data View and Cheetah Speed to monitor changes in water supply, air and water pollution.  The pump is programmed to consume a very small amount of water so plop the pump in a non-polluted area as tests indicate it will not immediately clean its own base area and may fail to operate. 
      Location: Water Menu under Utilities Menu, and Power Menu for 1x1 Generator
      Stats:
      Lot Size: 5 (width) by 6 (depth)
      Water Produced and Treated: 1,000,000 cubic meters per hour.
      Pollution Reduction: -1200 over 300 
      Plop Cost: 25,000§
      Maintenance Cost: 10§
      Jobs: 15§, 290§§, 15§§§
      Moderate Landmark and Park Effect. 
      Transit and Network Enabled
      Power Consumed:  200 MWh (megawatt hours)
      Dependency: Included base texture .dat file.
      Maxis Night-lighting
      FOLDER: Radical Water Pump and Pollution Reduction V1
      File: List of Alternate Water Systems.txt
      File: Preview and Install.html
      File: Readme.txt
      SUB-FOLDER: Radical Water Pump and Pollution Reduction
      This is the folder inside the unzipped title folder to be placed in your User\Documents\SimCity 4\ Plugins folder.  It contains 2 files: 1. the Radical_Water_Pump.SC4Lot, and 2. the BaseTexturesElements_RadicalWaterPump.dat file with base textures extracted from my Vol.1 Base Textures Elements package.  If you use the larger package then delete the smaller .dat file included as the textures don't need to be loaded twice.  The larger package is linked below:
      Base Textures Vol 1.1: Elements, for SC4 1.1.0
      SUB-FOLDER: 500 MWh Power Generator 1x1
      File: RadicalWaterPump_PowerGenerator.SC4Lot
      I've added a 1x1 lot to generate power for the water pump.  If you use the Data View Moisture Mod to locate a high volume of water it may be in a remote area, otherwise a non-polluted area may also be in a remote area.  The power generator is equal to 2½ times the wind power plant.
      Previews:
      The 2nd preview shows the progressive reduction of air pollution; the reduction of water pollution is about the same. The test city has 2 heavy industry areas and congested traffic generating severe pollution over the entire tile. A third radical water pump would completely eliminate both across the entire tile.
      The 3rd preview shows at bottom Cori's Data View of Moisture mod which uses the radiation data view to show changes in moisture from rainfall.  In more complicated terrain the moisture data view is useful to see where to place water pumps which depend on aquifers. The mod is linked below:
      Cori's DataView - Moisture v 2017.01.22 by @CorinaMarie
      The top 2 frames show the progressive increase of water-flow over the entire tile.   Water pipes are tedious to place in large tiles requiring about a 30x30 grid.  To make the task of watering the tile easier use the Utility Radius and Traffic Pollution Reduction Modd by RalphaelNinja linked below:
      UtilityRadius TrafPollution Modd by @RalphaelNinja
      The last preview is of this .SC4Lot in production in the Lot Editor for anyone who has enjoyed using SC4 as a design tool, creating .SC4 city tiles, and who may be considering taking the next step of creating .SC4Lot files.  Using Lot Editor is not much more complicated.  Below is the tutorial that got me started almost a year ago.
      Lot Editor: Beginner's Tutorial by @jbbry232
      The science-fiction descriptions for alternate tech. lots with radical improvements helps to fit the lot conceptually into the game while justifying what others might simply call a 'cheat'.  This one is a bit of a whopper, but entirely plausible. 
      Water is compacted into super-dense ice crystal cubes and delivered to the Aquifer generators by vertical descent from orbit.  Anti-grav. tech. is used to manage the very heavy cubes (not shown).  The cubes are then decompressed and the water is pumped into the aquifers, providing fresh-water to civilization and to ecosystems suffering drought.  The added benefit is improvement of atmospheric, tectonic, and tidal ⇌ (equilibrium), and saltwater pH balance for life-support of the Earth.   This tech. may also be used to re-pack glaciers effective to surface albedo and global climate improvement .
      NOTE:  You must connect both the large water pump and the sewage treatment connectors to realize both the effect of the radical volume of water and the treatment.  The large water pump is the relot that will appear in the water utilities.   The dual purpose is combined into one lot with its own unique menu icon.  Please read instructions carefully before hastily making negative reviews.  Please ask questions respectfully if there are any problems with the use of my mods.  Thank-you.