421 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

i'm making this one now, it's a house, well, two houses, one in each floor

e3WtX.jpg

Gn044.jpg

rI62N.jpg

UhPdk.jpg

uEK9k.jpg

but i have some problems, i can't find a good texture for the windows glass (where are the windows? well they're not present in those pictures) anyway, i hope if you can help me choose a good texture for the window's glass, i was thinking of blue glass, that you can't see threw it when you are outside

and, do you know how to make an object transparent? not completly transparent, but change it's transparency, and when i put the textures on, it keeps it's transparency?

Edited by IL.

Posted

by mistake you pressed post twice, and the thread is created 2 times, so maybe you could pm a moderator to delete the one or something like that. Why did you create a new acount?.. and there is no need to open a new thread. And i think you should extrude your walls at atleast 3m. They look way too thin.

Posted

oh, i didnt notice, i thought that i didnt post anything at all

the second thread will just drown under the other threads, no one will notice : p

so i made a new thread, for my new account, because i have no idea why i used that nickname, the old one, and i didnt like it

btw, i didnt have internet like for two days, so, i finished the model and etc.. i'm just going to upload it now

the walls wan't look thin after placing the windows and here it is http://www.simtropol...odern-tn-house/

Posted

it is a pity that you still not using the preview option to show redendered previews rather than the view port, I like the house but the textures need a bit more of work, especially the doors and windows...

Posted

maybe the roof texture needs to be darker

as for the windows and doors, i really don't know

i didnt post on this thread since i didnt have internet for two days, so, just when i got it back, i uploaded it :P that was after exporting and lotting and etc when i didnt have internet

well, it is usefull

i'll be making a new one

oh, and btw, i did use the preview to see how's the bat

so this is my new bat

i'll make the building and then decide what will it be

(propably an appartement or an office building, a big one)

0hTni.jpg

h2OIf.jpg

0U3Uw.jpg

Ng1vA.jpg

JqpzP.jpg

(don't judge on the textures from here, but if you have some good suggestions..)

Posted (edited)

Looks good, those arches really turned out nicely. however a word of advice, possibly hold off posting pictures taken from the viewport, instead do a little test render. that way everything will show up a bit more clearly and deciphering it from behind those textures won't be so difficult.

i must say, in addition to the arches, those louvered windows look especially nice...

Edited by IDS2

Posted

Good biulding so far, keep it up :thumb:

Posted

IL. why don't you show rendered previews, I have suggested this to you like 10 times, if you don't know how to do it or what I am saying just ask!

Posted

GLGNA.jpg

:D

Posted

Preview Renders! Party Time :party:

I think its too early to suggest something. But are are the blue windows supposed to be glass? If yes, it needs a lot of work, cause in your other models i thought they were shutters. And one more thing is that in your windows, except from window frames you should have that shown in the picture, i dont know how its called in english. Just try to see what your building has on it in real life and try to recreate everything you see in gmax.

93347596.png

Posted

actually it's not from real life, it's from my head, there are buildings like that, but i'm not copying on a real one, i'm just making by myself

as for the windows glass, do you have good sugestions? like how to improve it or make it look more like glass or something? besides that one that you showed in the pictures circled in red (i don't know what is it called in english too)

Posted (edited)

It doesnt really matter that it is from your head, search for buildings of that arabic style and see what details and stuff they have, you can take a lot of ideas, not copy them neccesarily.

For windows this is how i used to make them in gmax. ignore the nighlights there. Just put opacity to 60-70, and place a plane behind it, and apply a texture like the tutorial, the maxis one could work here, it comes with BAT.

The thing in red circle is just a simple box.

Edited by AlexandrosB13

Posted

usually they don't really have much details in the face of the building and etc.. maybe some airconditioners boxes outside

i'll try to see what i can add

as for the windows, thanks for the link, i'll try to do it

btw, the glass should be reflective, you can't see threw it

(opacity, done)

the circled in red, is what i'm going to remove, and replace it with the black iron like the rest of the area, and make an arch as an entry, anyway you'll see it

bFRJV.jpg

the area in the red box is the wall that is not done, i puted it their to make the picture look more obvious

7Q1Yo.jpg

i'm still going to add few details on the walls, as they seems to be empty to the windows more specificly

CyDoM.jpg

APAfh.jpg

uCxrp.jpg

25bHe.jpg

apnnq.jpg

the walls in red, are going to be modified, i'm going to delet those yellow bars, and just leave it like a frame, a big one, to the wall (just like in the other walls, like in the front wall), anyway you'll see it later, but if you have some good sugestions, ...

v9a9a.jpg

just a mistake, you can see how that wall in the red box is, in the second picture of this post

I don't like this model much btw, what do you think? i mean so far

so any ideas?

Posted

I really don't know what it is your question. The model doesn't look that bad, try to use a something less blue for the windows you can play with the opacity of the material to make it look transparent. You got a couple of holes in your walls from things that are not matching properly you have to try to make your modeling cleaner with less basic shapes just put together, rather try to make it more precise by using the snap tool and model things from polygons.

Posted

done :D

qvuJr.jpg

It7bh.jpg

YasS3.jpg

DsRzf.jpg

do you think i should remove the sattelite dishs?

and what do you think of the position of the stairs room on the roof, and what about the door?

Posted

The satellite dishes do need to be fixed and also all the details that I am marking, you have to be more efficient with your modeling and as I said before you should change the windows textures...

IL.jpg

Posted

the lowest red circle, that isn't a mistake, i made it like that

the rest i'll fix it

and about the windows texture, i really like it, inless you have a better one :)

i really don't know how to improve the sattelite dish

Posted

It's looking good. Great progress with your first building I see.

Only one question. Why has the iron fence got to be that high?

Does it got any sense to be there?

Further on I would let rest the sattelite dishes a bit and first finish the walls of the building.

-Ernst

Posted

Why has the iron fence got to be that high?

it's not a fence, it's decoration, you can see how the shape changes at the top of it, like an arch :)

Does it got any sense to be there?

weird question

Further on I would let rest the sattelite dishes a bit and first finish the walls of the building.

-Ernst

hmm, i thought about remove the sattelite dishes too, but idk, they don't look so bad, i'll see what i can do with

and the walls are already finished, if you mean the small points in the red circles, already fixed

Posted

You can use this button to not post 5 times in a row.

Edit7.png

The BAT's looking good btw. Use a lathe modifier to make your satellite dishes and Photoshop for your glass.

Posted

well if you check my previous replies you will see that I already gave you a suggestion on how to make a better glass texture, the thing is that they don't look anything close to real, go out and look to a couple of residential buildings and tell me if the windows look blue...furthermore if you make the windows opaque there is no point in modeling the floors...

Posted

go out and look to a couple of residential buildings and tell me if the windows look blue..

yes actually i do, alot of them,, the kind of glass that you can't see threw them when you're outside

.furthermore if you make the windows opaque there is no point in modeling the floors...

maybe i should in crease the opacity then, i mean, reduce to 50 % or 60, the windows are now 80

what i'm wondering about, is how to change the texture of the windows, i mean, to what? i don't know what should i change in them

Posted

I was wondering how to make the nightlight

i tryed to check the st omnibus, and i didnt get how to do it

Posted

i made the windows glass self illumunated, will that work as a nightlight?

Posted

Maybe make the roof texture a little less repetitive? Making things self illuminated will work, but it will in the day too.

That makes it only at night

Posted

oh, very good idea :D

But i already uploaded it

well, it's ok, i'll update it later :D

Posted

does anyone knows how to make a circular plane? that when i texture it, it looks normal? like in the picture here

i used the same texture on the cilindre part, and the box part, but they don't look the same, the cylindre part doesn't look normal

nGswF.jpg

i want it to look like that box

any idea?

Posted

any help?

Posted

Have some patience IL this is not a costumer service, two solutions for your problem apply a box UVW map or a cylindrical one but make sure to select "cap".

Posted (edited)

hmm, i have no idea what you just said :P

Edited by IL.